• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

On rare occasions, if I am not carpooling, I would take my ’92 to work (parked underground with security). When it came to closing hours, I left work driving very slow in stop-and-go traffic (5PM); on the fast lane with my windows down. A yellow school bus comes passing by on the carpool lane, and I hear, “it’s the Batmobile!”, “F**king sweet dude!” I turned my head and looked to see who they were, and noticed from one of the rear windows, a female, Caucasian girl screaming, “Marry me baby.” I was a little shocked, and slightly embarrassed, but laughed it off and thought to myself...Best Day Ever. As I continued on the fast lane, and older gentleman in front of me looks out of his window and gives me the thumbs up.

I turned my head and looked to see...a female, Caucasian girl screaming, “Marry me baby.”

...and that son, is "How I Met Your Mother".

:D

Not suppose to laugh at things like this but I remember the time when I was in New York slowing down to the traffic on the Whitestone Bridge, a guy opens up his window and literally rubbernecks while saying "oh wow!" and stares at my car in a trance forgetting that his car is still moving and basically gives the car in front of him a 5 mph tap in the middle of traffic!

Neighborhood boys walk up my driveway as I pull in from work in my daily (not a NSX). When I get out the leader of the group asks ... "Did we see you driving a Lamborghini the other day?" I respond with ... "No, but I do own an Acura NSX, I am happy to open up the garage to let you see it if you like?" The ring leader then responds in a dejected tone, "no thanks, we thought you had a Lamborghini" and walked away. Youth these days!:wink:

Nope...the NSX reminds people of the early '90's Camaro because Camaros are way, WAY more prevalent, AND because Chevrolet tried to COPY the NSX "look"!

All they achieved was a bloated-looking "sorta" kit-car NSX'ish appearance...of course, when accused, Chevy claimed they were not trying to copy the NSX style...in fact insinuating just the opposite, that Honda stole the design from them...LOL!!!

>
Is that the reason when I am behind a camaro of that era, usually with 22" chrome spinner wheels I look and think, man the rear glass and spoiler design really look like my nsx. Only poorly executed. They do look kinda similar.

Is that the reason when I am behind a camaro of that era, usually with 22" chrome spinner wheels I look and think, man the rear glass and spoiler design really look like my nsx. Only poorly executed. They do look kinda similar.

Blasphemy!!!!

beheadpcar250.jpg

At a rural wedding I recently attended, I drive up a gravel driveway that was exactly 1 km long.
By the time I got to the end, a woman said, "I'm sorry your Corvette got all dusty!"
I said, "Not a problem." and the NSX owner inside me had to correct her, "--it's not a Corvette."

She replied, "Oh, is it a Camaro?"

At a rural wedding I recently attended, I drive up a gravel driveway that was exactly 1 km long.
By the time I got to the end, a woman said, "I'm sorry your Corvette got all dusty!"
I said, "Not a problem." and the NSX owner inside me had to correct her, "--it's not a Corvette."

She replied, "Oh, is it a Camaro?"
My buddy Rick has a Sebring silver nsx with a vanity plate that reads, "NOTAVETT" Every vette I pass from today and past years snap their neck looking. I only look at the driver, to watch them snap necks looking at my ride., I could care less of the car they drive. Unless it is from the 50's and 60's then, I snap my neck!
I always thought about a vanity plate that read Japvette but it kinda sounds a lil racist.

My buddy Rick has a Sebring silver nsx with a vanity plate that reads, "NOTAVETT" Every vette I pass from today and past years snap their neck looking. I only look at the driver, to watch them snap necks looking at my ride., I could care less of the car they drive. Unless it is from the 50's and 60's then, I snap my neck!
I always thought about a vanity plate that read Japvette but it kinda sounds a lil racist.

Japvette is SO wrong...JAP4RE is MUCH more accurate. The NSX is much more Ferrari than Corvette. :-D

Japvette is SO wrong...JAP4RE is MUCH more accurate. The NSX is much more Ferrari than Corvette. :-D
True, but non enthusiast are half retarded so I figure throw them a bone so they do not look quite as ignorant.:cool:

Just yesterday, I walked out to the parking garage at work and 2 guys were looking at my car and trying to figure out what it was. One guy says "Well it's got Acura wheels but that ain't no Acura" to which I replied "Why yes it is an Acura...an Acura NSX". He said "No shit!" They were really surprised when I told the it was 13 years old. LOL! :biggrin:

I just LOVE telling people, "It's a 23 year old Honda."

WAY too many people just have no idea WTH it is...but they still think it is pretty, sexy, futuristic, appealing, beautiful, desirable, timeless, hot, etc...Honda really, REALLY knocked this one WAY OUT of the ballpark!

I just LOVE telling people, "It's a 23 year old Honda."

WAY too many people just have no idea WTH it is...but they still think it is pretty, sexy, futuristic, appealing, beautiful, desirable, timeless, hot, etc...Honda really, REALLY knocked this one WAY OUT of the ballpark!

Very true and well put. However, bone stock nsx's seem to attract far less desire which is one thing I really do not like. It looks just awesome and mean modified yet jacked up, old, and outdated stock. Just this past Saturday some bone head hells angel on a modified hog tried racing me at a stop light. He even had a jump on me. Well, to make a long story short he could NOT pass me, or let alone be seen in a side view mirror. Only the rear view mirror could he be seen. I finally let off at at 2nd-3rd gear change at about 95mph so he could pull up next to me, say man that car is cool, then speed off because he can lane split in this state. Mo$&er Fuc&$er! It still made me smile and make my 13,000 dollar trip to Shad worth it.:smile:

Guy pulls next to me at a stop light in an Audi. I have JDM Honda badges. He asks if it is a real nsx or a Honda with a body kit. I reply, is that a real Audi or is it just another Volkswagen that has leather and a moonroof as I speed off under VTEC.

Volkswagen = Chevrolet as Audi = Cadillac

I was at an auto show near the Volkswagen / Porsche booth...olive green 911 sat near an olive green VW Bug...I asked the salesman rep, "What's the difference between these two?" He was NOT amused...LOL!

Volkswagen = Chevrolet as Audi = Cadillac

I was at an auto show near the Volkswagen / Porsche booth...olive green 911 sat near an olive green VW Bug...I asked the salesman rep, "What's the difference between these two?" He was NOT amused...LOL!

Well, they both are air cooled and sound like brother sewing machines on the fritz.

I'm not sure if this falls under the category of funniest things said, but the other night as I was driving on Colorado Blvd, in Pasadena CA (yes the rose float rout), I got honked at and the guy yelled out his window "you can't possible have a bad day driving that car". I respond, not when you get a ticket!

Group of neighborhood kids walking with their skateboards and bikes (8-10 years old) walk past my NSX in the driveway:

- "Woooooaaaaahhhh check out that ferrari!!!"
- "No man its a viper"
- "Dude cmon... wait a sec, thats a lamborghini man. those lights look familiar!"
*they continue arguing about what car it is as they head up my hill*

Kids come back down the hill and one of them reads "Acura" on the back of the car:
"Told ya it was an nsx" (YESSSS)

---
I also got a ton of hate the first day I drove around town (middle finger, honking, etc.). I was driving the speed limit and wasn't hooning around at all either.:confused:

On rare occasions, if I am not carpooling, I would take my ’92 to work (parked underground with security). When it came to closing hours, I left work driving very slow in stop-and-go traffic (5PM); on the fast lane with my windows down. A yellow school bus comes passing by on the carpool lane, and I hear, “it’s the Batmobile!”, “F**king sweet dude!” I turned my head and looked to see who they were, and noticed from one of the rear windows, a female, Caucasian girl screaming, “Marry me baby.” I was a little shocked, and slightly embarrassed, but laughed it off and thought to myself...Best Day Ever. As I continued on the fast lane, and older gentleman in front of me looks out of his window and gives me the thumbs up.

the school bus encounters are always entertaining

"is that a mazda bro?"

....."yea, its the 2018 miata"...

"o cool son"

happened next to a 4 year university, the world is screwed

At red light, sitting in my NSX, all of a sudden I hear from car next to me "Hey man, I really like your car!"

I look over and it's a smiling guy about mid 20's with a beautiful young woman in the passenger seat.

Feeling in a smart-assed mood, I replied, "I really like your girlfriend!"

He replies: "Wanna trade?"

Then the light changed....

:D

So I was on my way home from work sitting at a light waiting to turn left and two girls mid 20s kind of hot in a VW Passat were next me. I could tell they were looking at my car with out making eye contact. Then I hear the.m talking about my NSX. The passenger siad she loved the red and the blonde driver said yeah he problably has a 2 inch dick, guys with small penises drive Ferraris. I then gave them a look to show them I heard every word they were saying.

I pulled up to some kid who looked no older than 25 in a crappy looking altima with a crusty white looking t-shirt.

Him: Nice ride
Me: Thanks
Him: Are you selling it?

Gave him the 1 eyebrow up, 1 down and drove off on the green.

Kind of a random question to ask.
And not to judge a book by its cover but he sure didnt fit the bill to even be a potential buyer!

Day 1 of ownership I gave it a DIY carwash and parked outside a auto store for some Lexol. While I was waiting for them to open I was drying off all the jambs. Guy in a truck a few spots away gets out about 5mins into my drying process and says ," I've been trying to figure out what kind of Ferrari it is..." So I respond ,"the one designed to destroy the 348.......it's a NSX". We then get to talking a bit about them but I found it quite amusing he didn't catch on to my joke. Oh well.

Not about my NSX, but I was sitting in the hotel lounge that I am staying at while out on business. I am just surfing the internet on my laptop while a few other guys in the room are chatting about cars. So of course I am listening. I am not adding any input at this point to their conversation, but still listening as I surf the internet. Well eventually they start talking about Ferrari and how certain models require a "Ferrari Resume" a list of certain Ferrari that you have had to own before being allowed to buy certain models. Well then one of the guy states that the Acura NSX is like that too. You had to own an Integra Type R, an S2000 or you weren't allowed to purchase the NSX. Now I chime in without mentioning that I in fact own a NSX. "I think your info on the NSX is wrong" The guy that made the claim says his oldest brother worked at an Acura Dealership as a salesman from mid '90s til 2010 and that he had to turn many potential buyers away due to the fact that they didn't have proof of owning those particular vehicles. I told the guy. Look I know a lot about the NSX and to my knowledge there was never a program like that instituted with any Honda product. He replied "guess your knowledge is wrong" I simply responded "well guess you are either talking out your a$$ or your oldest straight up lied to you" and left it at that.

Back