• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

My car has no emblems. I see these two older Asian men walking around looking at the front and then the back of my car (for emblems). I was close by so i say "it's a Acura NSX". One of the men says "Acura, really? I thought it was a Kit Car" :frown:

A good buddy of mine, as he's walking into my place:

"So I came around the corner, saw your car, and came again." :biggrin:

When I was riding with the tow truck driver to the shop with my NSX on the back flat bed, he asked me

"Is that a body kit or does it come like that?...."........

"no its stock"

"Are you sure? It looks like a ferrari!"

"haha :rolleyes:"

"No seriously it does!"

*sigh*......

Then he proceeds to pop in a bootleg copy of "Red Line" in the in-dash DVD player... and yes this was in a AAA tow truck! He was all trying to watch the movie while driving up the 5.... I was like um keep your eyes on the road pal. :eek:

Within the first 30 minutes of bringing my car home for the first time, I heard my neighbor yell to his neighbor, "look at that, he just bought a Ferrari ! " (and he's a car guy-restores old cars)
That's one of the things I love about the NSX, no one knows what it is.

I like that too, it's a secretive super car, especially if you swap a honda logo on it. However, the ferrari assumptions aren't unfounded with it's ferrari design roots and similar design. I, of course, have always known what it is and tend to find it in the background of a lot of car movies--my friends think I'm crazy :p.

I was on the 5 (traveling ~ 50 mph in traffic) and some guy pulls up next to me. He signals to roll down my window. I was reluctant, but I thought it may be something important. So after I put my window down, he asks "hey holmes, how much are one of those? 40,000?" I guess the question isn't that funny, but to ask someone on the Freeway!? That was a bit much. Maybe at a stoplight or something...

I said "Sure" and left.

I've only met 1 or 2 girls who actually knew what I drove. The rest just describe it as "Low" "fast" or "scary".

I once took the mechanic with me for a drive after servicing the car. When we returned to "base", he told his superviser: And when he hit the trottle, my ass was moving in the seat...:cool:

This is not what someone said, but what hey did...

When I bought my 2002 NSX from out of state, I had to have it smog'd before I could register it. Here in California, they put the cars on a dyno and run it at driving speed.

I take it to my favorite smog station and the technician pulls the car up and sets the front tires on the dyno rollers. I remain silent... watching out of the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh. The technician then pops the front hood, lifts it up, and stares at it for a second.

The owner of the smog station yells at him, "The engine is in the back on those."

So the technician pulls the car forward and puts the rear tires on the dyno rollers. Gets out, opens the trunk, and again, stares at it for a moment.

You had to see the look on this poor guys face... I finally stepped in (with a big grin.)

I took my car in for a smog check a few years ago. The tech opened the hood and looked around. A moment later, he opened the trunk and did the same thing. He then turned to his fellow tech and chat for a moment. Finally they turned around and asked if it was electric.

I pulled in to a Sonic fast food drive in to grab some breakfast. We ordered and then got our food by a kid in his late teens.

I started to eat my breakfast burrito as he comes out with a :redface: look on his face. He leans down and asks, "are either one of your guys single?"

I just about spit the burrito out of my mouth after the question and look at him in amazement. After a couple second pause and my buddy giggling in the front seat I said "well it kinda depends on who is asking" He laughed and said... "ohhh... haha.. im not asking for me! that girl over there that I work with likes your car and wants to go out with you"

God was that funny!

I took my car in for a smog check a few years ago. The tech opened the hood and looked around. A moment later, he opened the trunk and did the same thing. He then turned to his fellow tech and chat for a moment. Finally they turned around and asked if it was electric.

Thats awesome, cause I had the same thing happen to me! My battery died one day, so I pulled into an AutoZone to see if I could get a battery to get me back on the road. I had the hood up and was unhooking the battery when a guy came up, looked in there and looked very surprised and asked me where the engine was. I told him it was electric, and he said "Thats what I though" LOL

I pulled in to a Sonic fast food drive in to grab some breakfast. We ordered and then got our food by a kid in his late teens.

I started to eat my breakfast burrito as he comes out with a :redface: look on his face. He leans down and asks, "are either one of your guys single?"

I just about spit the burrito out of my mouth after the question and look at him in amazement. After a couple second pause and my buddy giggling in the front seat I said "well it kinda depends on who is asking" He laughed and said... "ohhh... haha.. im not asking for me! that girl over there that I work with likes your car and wants to go out with you"

God was that funny!

Aww man I miss Sonic burgers!

btw was she hot? And did u hook that up or what? :cool:

Everytime i drive mine downtown Toronto i get a new story and new laughs. One time i was at a set of lights, this guy is walking across the street screaming on the phone at his girlfriend, i heard him yell " listen i gotta go, im here" than he takes his cell phone and starts taking pictures of me in the car, he tells me before he dies hes getting one of these new vette's. he stood infront of me so i couldnt move, until people started honking and everyone around was laughing their ass's off.

One time i was pulled over because i have full exhaust with taitec test pipes, and it was echoing off the buildings and " distracing people". This cop was 25 yrs old MAX. He tells me the car is too loud, i tell him its a sports car and the buildings r making it seem louder than it is. He tells me to pop the hood, so i pop it. he cant open it so he tells me to do it. I open the hood and he looks at me and says " smartass huh". "Pop the damn trunk". I figure hey, this is going to be funny. so i pop the trunk and he looks at my amplifier and big empty space. He looks at me and says " that just got u a ticket smartass". went to the car, came back and gave me a ticket for impropper muffler, hahaha. Worth every penny.

That is such a classic!! Something you'd only expect to see in a movie, but you'd think it too contrived if you did!

I've just owned her for a few weeks and only took her out a few times but I've already been asked the Ferrari and corvette names.

Asked how much I paid??

Also when I took her for emissions the emissions guy said he never sees NSX's and sees lambos at emissions more often?? lol........

One day, I intended a man to say has his wife ... Oh, the beautiful LOTUS!!! :mad:
another day, I parked myself in a carpark and of course, there were several people around the car :rolleyes: , when I came close to the car, they said that the car was very new, when I said his old, (16 years) :eek: they one not believed me! :biggrin:

Well, it's not really specific to the NSX, but this is still one of the most chuckle-worthy things anyone's said to me about it...

When my buddy at work learned that the NSX in the underground garage was mine, he said, "Aw, man. I'm really sorry about your penis." :D

When he bought a 911 Turbo last year, I said the same thing to him.

Right after buying, I was registering my vehicle at the MVD and the lady processing my paperwork apparently couldn't contain herself and blurted out, "You really didn't pay this much for a USED 1992 Acura did you?" :eek:

I said..."Yesssss" with a big grin on my face :biggrin:
it gets better...

she then looks at the mileage on the title, confused, ands asks me, "28,000...are you sure that there isn't a 1 in front of it?"

Aww man I miss Sonic burgers!

btw was she hot? And did u hook that up or what? :cool:

:rolleyes: She was pretty Hot! Yet i am pretty sure she was Jail bate Sometimes U gota contain yourself :cool:

Also what is funny is I have friends that come over and say.. lets go cruzin and pick up chicks with the car. I look at them and laugh, "where are they going to sit after you pick them up Numskull? Its only got 2 seats!"

LMAO Gotta love tdot cops!

Speaking of which (this is a little off subject). My inspection sticker says it is good until 07-11 (they reversed the dates) but i got pulled over today and the cop wrote me a ticket for expired inspection. He told me that inspection is only good for one year and so my inspection expired in November of 2007. I told him thats not what the sticker says but he told me "ignorance of the law is no excuse to break it". I asked him wtf he was talking about but he just handed me my ticket for expired inspection and walked off.

Sometimes i really hate living in a small town.

Now back on the original subject. I get "new vette and Ferrari" allot but before i put the Acura emblem back on the front i got allot of questions about "who makes this kit?" so i went back with the emblem to avoid this question.

I also get the frequent middle finger for no apparent reason and about 2 weeks ago i am stuck in a traffic jam on the highway and some red neck pulls up next to me in his lifted truck, rolls down his window and starts shouting "so you think your a bad ass huh?". I didnt pay him any mind until he lunged his truck in front of my car in my lane at which point i stopped my car, got out and yelled back "you want to find out just how bad i am tough guy, get out of your truck and find out then" and the idiot took the shoulder to the next exit and sped off.

I dont understand why so many people want to hate on strangers for no reason at all?

The strange thing is that the guy probably had more money into the truck than i have into my NSX.

Right after buying, I was registering my vehicle at the MVD and the lady processing my paperwork apparently couldn't contain herself and blurted out, "You really didn't pay this much for a USED 1992 Acura did you?" :eek:

it gets better...

she then looks at the mileage on the title, confused, ands asks me, "28,000...are you sure that there isn't a 1 in front of it?"

Thats funny. I had the same thing happen to me at the DMV. I went down to register the car and pay the sales tax and she asked me. Did you really pay $19,000 for a 91 Acura with 130k miles on it? I told her i did and thought it was a pretty good deal too. She told me i got ripped off and should have looked for one with less miles for that price. I just laughed and said "i'll do that next time".

Yeah, I would think this would happen to a lot of NSX owners when they are registering any used ones...which is all of 'em (from now on)!

Here's another thing that happened to me. I bet this happens alot...

My NSX was in a local car show. I had stepped away and was looking at some cars next to me. Then I noticed a group of guys walking around looking at a viper, a lotus some vintage porches, then mine. We all had our hoods popped open, when they got to my car, one of them said while looking at the front, "Those Japanese sure know how to cram that engine up in there!"
I even had my engine bay glass up!

then...

another guy from that group looked inside at the dash since the windows were down and said, "a hundred and eighty,...oh man, I want this one!"

another guy from that group looked inside at the dash since the windows were down and said, "a hundred and eighty,...oh man, I want this one!"

Was he referring to your odometer or speedometer?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

the ones i get is... Where is your engine? since i have a hood scoop they are all looking for the engine untill they walk to the back of the car.
i found this one funny also it was 1 couple

male: wow thats a nice car.
me: thanks
male:hey i'll let you sleep with my g/f if you let me sit in it
me:......excuse me?
male: yeah my g/f
g/f: i dont mind
me:..... no no its ok. you can sit in it
g/f: are you sure?
male: i dont mind dude.
me:i'm pretty sure lol

the ones i get is... Where is your engine? since i have a hood scoop they are all looking for the engine untill they walk to the back of the car.

LOL really? Was she ugly or something?

ROFL!

Makes me wonder how that transaction would have taken place hrmmmm lol :rolleyes: :tongue:

G/F: "I don't Mind"