• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I saw this thread on another car forum and thought the replies were hilarious.

The funniest comment I had was last year, participating in the NSXCC's exotic car cruise. I was cruising through Niagara Falls when a family in a minivan pulled up next to me, saw my engine showing through the rear glass and the driver asked me if it got hot in my car with the engine in the 'back seat'. My answer was "yes" (too hard to explain an MR platform atm). :rolleyes:

You should have told them it gets about as hot as it does in their car with the engine right in front of them.

Ah yes, the classic one: Is that a Ferrari? (asked by guy working at garage) :rolleyes:

"your car is made by 'ACURA'? Honda made one just like this in 1990".

Honda and Acura are the same company...

"NO, and I know Honda made a car just like yours!".

(he was on the DUH patrol):rolleyes: :biggrin:

Cruising up Central Avenue in Phoenix after work one beautiful summer evening...and a kid in a import pickup, bobbing his head to some tunes, pulls up next to me and yells through my open passenger window: "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOUR CAR!!!" Dude! I shook my head and smiled just as he turned off... Funny. :cool:

at walmart the cart boy said "is that a mclaren?"

At the tollbooth I got "do you know your engine is behind you? Is it supposed to be like that? Is that custom?"

family in a minivan pulled up next to me, saw my engine showing through the rear glass and the driver asked me if it got hot in my car with the engine in the 'back seat'. My answer was "yes" (too hard to explain an MR platform atm). :rolleyes:

got the same thing at fast food drive thru.

also had a 50+ lady say: "i bet you get a lot of girls in that car"

In the barbershop, 1 barber looks outside and asked, "Whose Corvette is that next to the Suburban?" The other barber laughed and said, "Man, that's not a Corvette stupid...that's a Nissan!" That IS a Corvette said the 1st barber...."You're so dumb, THAT is a Nissan NSX.", said the other barber. I pretended to not hear them as I read a magazine.

Within the first 30 minutes of bringing my car home for the first time, I heard my neighbor yell to his neighbor, "look at that, he just bought a Ferrari ! " (and he's a car guy-restores old cars)
That's one of the things I love about the NSX, no one knows what it is.

More than once I have had people,at shows and at the track ask about the bumblebee scheme and asked if this was that rare zanardi edition!Of course I say yes!:tongue:

This was precious:

"So I heard you had to ship these cars back to Japan for a special service, when is yours due?" (he is a classic car guy, owns a '64 Vette)

I was speachless, thought for a moment, then so as not to burst his bubble as to the exotic nature of the car; as he was dead serious, I told him I'm not sure, I will have to look that up in the owner's manual...then we continued our conversation about the car and cars in general.

Tytus

For me, it's this- last year my new boss at that time was visiting our office in San Jose CA (from Raleigh NC where most of our group is based), and that was one of the few days I'd driven the NSX to the office (dedicated company parking garage), so that the colleague from Germany that I work with in the San Jose office could get a ride (he's married, new kid, we don't see each other on the weekends as I live up in the East Bay- Livermore).

So, my boss walks with us to the parking garage, with another SJ management guy (they're going out to lunch separately), and seeing us get in the car, says, "Hey Jon, I didn't know you had one of those new Corvettes! How do you like it?" (and this guy drives an Acura MDX, so you'd think he'd have some clue about the Marque. - my German colleague almost falls on the ground laughing, figures it's a big joke).

I get this blank stare from my boss for a moment. Then he says, "What year is it?" I replied "It's a '96". He says, "Wait, that doesn't look anything like a '96 Corvette!"

"That's because it isn't". (wink).

We were laughing all lunch about it. Probably because that particularly manager is normally pretty assertive about his extensive knowledge in all things....

First time my boss saw me driving the nsx his statement was "I'm paying you way to much...."

Cruising up Central Avenue in Phoenix after work one beautiful summer evening...and a kid in a import pickup, bobbing his head to some tunes, pulls up next to me and yells through my open passenger window: "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOUR CAR!!!" Dude! I shook my head and smiled just as he turned off... Funny. :cool:
A kid looking at my NSX made throes-of-orgasm-like moans, then turned to the passenger in his car and said "now I gotta change my boxers." I turned to a friend of mine and said "this is <i>not</i> the reason I got the car."

"Jeez dude, your car sounds like someone sharted through silk shorts. Kinda smells like it too."

<== runs GTLW w/ straight pipes.

Almost a year ago at a stop light, a college kid pulled up next to me and yelled "that's my favorited car is Gran Turismo, and in that color. I started laughing as the signal light changed. :biggrin:

ME in 2004 said:
I brought mine to the local Honda dealer to pick up some coolant, crush washers, etc. I parked by the service entrance and had SEVERAL salesman ask me "what kinda car is zat?", "Is that the new Integra?" Etc. I told them, nope its a 94. Acura/Honda makes it and they are still for sale, but look a little different and are not that common. Of the 3 guys that I talked to, NONE of them believed me. They were arguing amongst themselves that:
#1: Its a Toyota
#2: Its 'the new prototype prelude'
#3: Its that 'new 4 banger Acura job'.

Sometimes its best not to argue.

More of them in this thread from 2004.

i broke up a fight last night at a bar using my car. Playing pool at some bar, some drunk guy comes in and starts hitting on this asian girl while she's shooting, her man steps up and everyone starts yelling and shit. They throw the drunk guy out, the asians are still yelling and getting all riled up. I walk over buy a round of shots for them and say "i heard you guys talking about cars earlier, what you got?" One of them looks at me and says i got my integra outside what you rolling" So i show them some pics of the nsx on my phone and instantly the fight is forgotten. We spent the rest of the night shooting pool. Nice folks they were, just wired really really tight.

The nsx prevents yet another disaster.

First time my boss saw me driving the nsx his statement was "I'm paying you way to much...."

That happened to me too! but it came from the CFO and a bunch of colleagues.

I guess being one of the youngest guy in the company doesn't help either.

My boss's first reaction was "Dude, WTF! you really got it!?!, I want it!"

2 Years go by and he still reminds me that he wants it.

Back