• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

From someone I rarely to NEVER see, he randomly spotted ME at a restaurant and he says to me:

"When your nephew told me you sold your green one.... I WAS DEVASTATED!!!!!!!"

WTF? I just looked at him and said Ha,ha! okaaayyy?!?.........

So last week I'm out running some local errands after washing the car and come up on a road construction site with a flagger. I'm first in line while he lets cars coming the other way get through, and then he lowers the flag and starts walking toward me. He walks up to my side of the car, big smile on his face, I put down the window and he says "Thank you for washing my car, sir, you can park it right over there next to yours." and points to a '14 Mazda 6 that, of course, was his.

I got a kick out of it and played along. "OK, great, and thanks for keeping mine safe while I was away." We laughed and he waved me on through, probably sensing that the people behind me weren't as enamored with the conversation as we were.

I recently gassed up at an Exxon convenience store. I went inside to buy a soda and the guy at the cash register asks, "Is that a Trans Am?." I just looked at him and said, "Dude, you're not even trying."

Not directed at my car but I pulled into a gas station once and as I got out a suit salesman told me that I should dress as nice as my car and gave me his business card. I was dressed in flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt :(.

^LOL, what a dick.

You're the second guy on here stating he drives wearing flip flops. In an emergency situation you might find they are not going to be ideal choice for optimum control. A friend of mine had a problem wearing nobby running shoes driving his S2000 in the rain. The car oversteered and in an attempt to catch it quickly, had his sneaker(s) get caught up on the pedals. The result wasn't pretty. The few times I just moved cars around the yard wearing flip flops didn't feel great. Maybe it's just me, I don't like driving barefoot either. Ever since my buddy's issue, I make sure I'm wearing footwear that won't potentially fetch up on the pedals when going for a spirited drive. The rest of your attire sounded just fine skafia!

Not directed at my car but I pulled into a gas station once and as I got out a suit salesman told me that I should dress as nice as my car and gave me his business card. I was dressed in flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt :(.

Hilarious! And, I agree with The King, no one should drive a car in flip flops (or, for that matter, heels - specially guys....:tongue: )

I can't believe my thread is still going strong after almost 10 years!

Latest one for me:
Pulled into a parking lot with a bunch of import teenager types hanging around their Hyundai Velosters.

Got out of the NSX, one of them asks me "Yo, is that the new Prelude?", he was serious.

Thanks for reading my Tapatalk signature

I was at my local autozone (in my weekend garage clothes) when the guy behind the counter looked at the NSX and the way I was dressed and said: " ...you are lucky that the guy who owns THAT car allows his mechanic (me) to drive it!"

Another one:
Volunteered my NSX for the local motorsport track display at the car show last winter. It was parked in the same room as a Pagani Zonda.

Dad to his son: "That Pagani is a cool car, but have you seen this black NSX?"
Son to dad: "Yeah, the NSX is way cooler. It looks like a car people can actually drive".

9d01f564999ba3693fe00e3a2aa122c4.jpg

Another one:
Volunteered my NSX for the local motorsport track display at the car show last winter. It was parked in the same room as a Pagani Zonda.

Son to dad: "Yeah, the NSX is way cooler. It looks like a car people can actually drive".

If Horacio were to give me a car I would DD it.

:)

Another one:

9d01f564999ba3693fe00e3a2aa122c4.jpg

That prelude looks mean!:biggrin:

Was making a right hand turn into a parking lot at the same time that a younger fellow in a convertible 370Z was getting ready to make a left hand turn. When he saw me pull in he stopped from making his left hand turn, took his hands off the wheel, raised them high above his head and then proceeded to slow clap as I drove past.

Guy walks into my shop, looks at my nsx and says nice vette! Turns and looks at the viper and yells WOW A PORSCHE.
:confused:Seriously?

At my hotel, we host the BMW Performance Driving groups that use the track at Thermal. The other morning I was driving in the parking lot slowly as two women were in the lot talking. As I begin to drive by, the prettier of the two grabs the hem of her shorts pant leg, hikes it up a bit, than sticks her thumb out to hitch a ride. I was laughing so hard.....

Cruising with the father-in-law. Pull into the local Quick Trip and fill up. A younger guy in a 3 series with M badging on it walks up and looks at my NSX. He pauses and asked if it was turboed, to which I replied no. He continues what a shame the turbo MR2s are faster than the NA MR2s. I replied, you are not wrong...he then asked why I didn't save up for a turbo MR2. It took me a few seconds to realize he mistaken my NSX as a MR2

Cruising with the father-in-law. Pull into the local Quick Trip and fill up. A younger guy in a 3 series with M badging on it walks up and looks at my NSX. He pauses and asked if it was turboed, to which I replied no. He continues what a shame the turbo MR2s are faster than the NA MR2s. I replied, you are not wrong...he then asked why I didn't save up for a turbo MR2. It took me a few seconds to realize he mistaken my NSX as a MR2

OH NO!!

At my hotel, we host the BMW Performance Driving groups that use the track at Thermal. The other morning I was driving in the parking lot slowly as two women were in the lot talking. As I begin to drive by, the prettier of the two grabs the hem of her shorts pant leg, hikes it up a bit, than sticks her thumb out to hitch a ride. I was laughing so hard.....

That never happens to me. Usually, it is some guy telling me "it must be nice taking your dad's car out for a ride, huh?" I mean, I don't look like a kid right?

That never happens to me. Usually, it is some guy telling me "it must be nice taking your dad's car out for a ride, huh?" I mean, I don't look like a kid right?

Yes you do:biggrin:

I have been asked countless times if my car is the new nsx.

Redemption! My wife and I took a cruise today to the historic White's Ferry in MD. After I parked it and we walked down to the Potomac River to enjoy our sandwiches, a Twenty Something walked over to us, having spotted me parking it at a good distance, and asked, "What year is your NSX?" I said, "1995, and excellent ID at this distance!" We exchanged our mutual appreciation for the history of the NSX and he asked if I minded if he took some photos. It gave me renewed hope for Millennials and the survival of Cars Must be Driven!!!
AJ

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 278
That was some class A butchering!

Thanks for the share made my morning!

I submitted a brief description and history of the NSX to the parade committee, but the commentators did not get it. You can tell that the commentators were looking at the parade entrant listing and talked about late entrants, but could not find us, so the female commentator began to wing it. I did have a sign on each door of the lead NSX that I was driving stating it was an Acura NSX made from 1991 to 2005. The parade crowd was much larger at various other parts of the route. Where this video was taken was not reflective of the several thousand people that watched the parade, and we were a big hit, We received a lot of applauds, which is an honor, and a ton of pics and vids were taken of our group. However, I still heard a lot of older and middle aged people in the crowd say "Wow I always that that cars was a Corvette" o r" Is the NSX a special Ferrari-Acura joint venture?" All of the younger people in the crow new that we were driving NSX"s and many of them gave us the VTech hand sign LOL

Back