• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

three days on Woodward... never saw another nsx. :-(

We were there about 6 days and we never saw another one either. Plenty of other exotics though.

Went out on Wednesday night with the NSX, but made my friend drive it....haha. That RPS clutch is not cruising friendly. Saturday we took the Z out there so it had one last hurrah as an automatic. It was nice not having to clutch. Never saw a single other NSX either.

I was there on the 9th and 10th, it was a great atmosphere. I didn't go to the actual cruise because I was out of the country, doubt I would of gone even if I was in the area. Any meets or events coming up soon?

anyone doing baker's on Sunday?

Baker's

:smile:

Baker's sounds good. Supposed to be overcast but dry and warm. Say 4 pm pjr or you going to hit it earlier?

I think sca037 and nsxgal are flagging at M.I.S. for the "Chump Car" series.

Any NSX techs in the area? I was out of town for 10 days came back to brake fluid leaks, ABS TCS and Brake light came on. The brake reservoir looks over filled, I read few threads on this common issue. I don't have time to tackle this repair myself, with traveling and wedding preparation. Someone told me go see the NSX tech in Jeffrey Acura in Roseville. I'd like to look at all my options before paying the dealer.

Blodi,

ill be in Vegas Saturday, looking forward to that myself

Any NSX techs in the area? I was out of town for 10 days came back to brake fluid leaks, ABS TCS and Brake light came on. The brake reservoir looks over filled, I read few threads on this common issue. I don't have time to tackle this repair myself, with traveling and wedding preparation. Someone told me go see the NSX tech in Jeffrey Acura in Roseville. I'd like to look at all my options before paying the dealer.

Blodi,

ill be in Vegas Saturday, looking forward to that myself

Vegas was a blast, got back on the red eye this morning....can't wait to sleep after work.

On your brakes, sounds like you might need to exercise the solenoids. Scroll down halfway here where it says "solenoid flush"
http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/abs/abs.htm
I had to do that on my car a few years back...same symptoms as you. Worked perfectly, no issues since. A dealer will probably charge a lot to repair the system by replacing parts...that really don't need to be replaced.

I did see that tutorial, my friend said he'll help me with it. I'm not good with my hands, more of a numbers guy lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I was in Turkey last week, I wish I had the nsx for some of these roads and not for others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 199
^^^ Oh that's Ryan......and yeah, from someone that has spent some time behind it, that LoveFab WOFI exhaust is indeed amazing!

Judi (& Brian)

The regular Wednesday CJ's crowd was treated to a new NSX'er named John, who picked up a somewhat modded 10,000 mile red '95.
Apparently Steve (sparkin3) told him about our little group meetings, so he and Karen drove on over all the way from Rochester.
They are fun people, and I hope that we get to spend more time with them very soon!

Brian (& Judi)

There's a weekly meet?

It's a very informal thing, several of us like-minded car folks meet every Wednesday at the CJ's restaurant in the Compuware Arena (in Plymouth; on Beck Road between M-14 and 5 Mile);

http://www.compuwarearena.com/wb/pages/cjs-brewing.php

They have good food and drink specials on Wednesdays, so that's how it evolved into being a regular thing.

Come and join us, we're usually there from around 5-7pm...........and if it's nice out bring a fun car!

Brian

Last edited:
Lingenfelter Wixom today.... engine swap day: crammed into a miata was a Ford 5.0 with a Bell supercharger.... a cammed LS3 into a sweet soltice...
uploadfromtaptalk1409437445591.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409437464700.jpg

upgrade

Hello and welcome HASS ! Those photos from Turkey are something else :smile:

We saw Steve (sparkin3) at C J's last evening. Good to see him once a year.

Have been looking for a 2008 Acura TL-S (TL Type S, auto, with larger 3.5 liter V-6 instead of our 2006 TL with 3.2 V-6 auto) in white diamond pearl, moroccan red, or kinetic blue pearl with less than ~ 65 K miles and some history, for a while. Located one in white, 55 miles south in Toledo, OH. WDP, auto, not tan interior, been an Ohio car with 72 + K miles. Went to see it this evening, leaving 620 pm and arriving back home at 840 pm. It was really nice to look at and examine. Decided to pass on it to seek a specimen in better overall condition.

Don't care much for TL's newer than 2008 model year.

There IS NSX content in this post. We had a nature car wash on the way down and back.

Thank You Alum!

That's a nice looking TL-S. I'm a big fan of the 3rd generation TL, I recently purchased a 2005 for my younger brother. Although it does have high miles it looks and drives very well. Good Luck on the search, TL-S are hard to find

- - - Updated - - -

Does this belong to anyone here, friend of mine sent me this. It was spotted in the Ann Arbor area. They like to send me pics of NSXs they see around lol. He's not much of a car guy but he really liked the color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32
Who belongs to the beautiful orange McLaren with the Block M logo (U of Mich) license plates I saw today in Ann Arbor (on Main St.)?

Well since the weather seems to be turning cold way too early IMO I was thinking of getting as many nsx's together before we put them away for the year. I was thinking about the cars and coffee but thought about bakers instead. It is later in the day and we all know there is more parking. Just a thought just post if you are interested.

this Sunday works for me...

Back