• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Sounds like fun, and very close to home - I'm definitely interested. For those that have been in the past, what does this weekend typically consist of? Scenic drives, concours, etc? Other than the track event on Friday, there's not a lot of detail in that thread about the weekend.
The Canadian crew are most gracious hosts, and know how to put on a fun event.
It's quite low key, and there are always good meals, nice drives (outside of the track time), tech sessions, etc.
IF you're a golfer, the host hotel sits smack in the middle of what looks like a very nice course (at least from a non-golfer's perspective ;-)

Come and find out for yourself, you can thank us later!

Brian

Thanks, Brian! I'm signed up. Sounds like a fun event. Very affordable too.

Very good to anticipate seeing you and your guest(s) Dave at this weekend function! As Brian said, you will not be disapointed :biggrin:

Currency valuation between our two countries has become somewhat unbalanced - obviously in our favor. May be time to move some sawbucks over to the Bank of Montreal or Dominion Bank?

ESTFest weekend goes by so fast.

Last edited:
I have that week off, looks like I'll be booking as long I don't have to travel to Turkey.

Hey Hass, Might you pick somewhere a little closer? :smile-freehand:

Hi all,

For the automotive engineers in the area (or anyone else) , there is a vehicle event from SAE for the NSX in Cobo Hall in April that will probably have some technical presentations about its development.

https://www.sae-detroit.org/event-details/?id=177

-Brennan

Thank you, BMAC.

WONDER whether this presentation will be similar to NSXPO 2014 Ohio at TRC/Marysville/R & D (vague) or now "full-on" with much more detail.
Anyway, I have a very good friend and contact at SAE Troy, MI. If interest, I could poke at him and see if he would be willing to punch a
couple NSXPrimers in. Don't know if I don't ask. PM me if this is something you would commit to and I will inquire.

Hello,

I'm new to the group. I've been driving an 05 S2000 since it was new and now I'm getting the itch to upgrade to an NSX. However I've never really seen one up close, never sat in one. All the things it seems like I should do before I drop a bunch of cash on one. Is there anyone near that's interested to showing me theirs and educating me about them before I make any offers.

I'd be glad to bring the pizza and beer, provide dinner, anything. I'm in the Rochester Hills area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

Once the glacier retreats and the potholes of doom are mitigated I'm sure there are several of us that would be more than happy to help you in your quest for a NSX.
We're fellow S2000 owners as well (have a first year model) but live in the Plymouth / Northville area.

Brian

Hi Bob - welcome! There are actually quite a few NSXs in the SE MI area, everything from early to late model year cars, and stock to highly modified. So you should be able to get a good feel almost no matter what you're looking for. Lots of knowledge, too (I know I've benefitted significantly from it).

Thanks, I will take you up on that offer. I'm down in the Plymouth area a lot, I write software to test transmissions so I'm at the local Ford plant quite often.

Echoing Dave and Brian,

We have a small but active group here in SE MI. We are not afraid to drive our cars (well, I wasn't before past couple of years given what passes for roads here) so just watch this board and come on out to meet some of us. And Dave is quite correct -- some of our comrades have a huge amount of NSX knowledge and I have also received the benefit of that in my now 5.5 years of ownership. Rob, do you know what you are looking for? NA1 (91-96, 3.0 litre/5 speed generally), early NA2 (3.2 litre/6 speed generally) or 02-05 NA2 updated body style? As you probably know, the latter are very difficult to source -- given numbers of cars sold in North America, seems that the /91-96 are most common. Best of luck and I look forward to meeting you.

Jeff

Sounds like fun, and very close to? Other than the track event on Friday, there's not a lot of detail in that thread about the weekend.

Dave, we don't normally put a lot of details of the Est Fest activities on our Prime post, however, those from MI, whom have attended any of our events in the past have not been disappointed.
We are still working out some of the EST Fest details to include some more activities at the track and during the weekend.

Bram

Thanks, Bram. I got the thumbs up from the Michigan crew, and have already corresponded with [MENTION=19854]Sean Firth[/MENTION] and signed up. Looking forward to it!

I think I'm looking for a middle one, 97-01. I want a T, I love my convertible and hate to give that up, and I like pop up headlight look better than the latest ones. It also seems like no reason not to get the 3.2/6speed if I can find one. I think I've also decided I want a red one, and something I can drive, not such low miles I won't enjoy driving it.

So that should be pretty easy find, lol. NOT

It's hard to shop for them, every one is 6 hours or more of a drive away, and the winter has been so cold and snowy it's hard to imagine taking one for a test drive right now.

At least my wife is kind of onboard with this, she knew I was looking and not finding what I wanted and thought she'd help out so she called the local Acura dealer and asked if they had any on the lot. He told her he's never seen one on any dealer used car lot, ever. I think she was disappointed until I told her I've probably read the ad for every single one that's up for sale in the US and Canada right now.

You need to check out Patrick's red '99 then, it checks all your boxes!

Ours are both '92 models, one is quite stock and the other..............not so much ;^D

Brian

LOL Rob. You could have said 97-01 coupe! All it is going to take is patience and money.

I'd love to set up a fractional ownership club -- let's say 3 or 4 people who are reasonable and trustworthy with a small fleet to share -- NSX, 911S or Cayman, new Corvette and ____________________ [you fill in the blank]. That would be ideal IMHO. The logistics, legalities and business terms would take some effort but with the right people it is do-able. Anyone? Any by the way, I'm not firm on the foregoing list other than the NSX and one P-car.

Best,
Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Bram. I got the thumbs up from the Michigan crew, and have already corresponded with @Sean Firth and signed up. Looking forward to it!

Dave, to repeat, I am not going to try and keep up with you in the twisties this time! LOL. I do want to drive your car now that you have swapped the orig shocks/struts for the Bilsteins. Let's touch base once we have the cars back on the road. I doubt mine is going to emerge from Mike's garage before end of April.

Best,
Jeff

Hi Bob,
Any reason why you have to give up your S2000? Like Brian said, we have a first year S2000 and absolutely love it. Some people said "you might as well sell your S2000, after getting the NSX you will never drive it," which is not the case. The cars are different enough that we drive all of them as much as possible. I haven't driven a late model S2000, but it has to be similar to ours (except for the redline being at 9,000 RPM), and I know the weight of the later cars increased as well. However, it's still a full-on convertible, which is so much fun on those warm summer days.
Keep us posted on your progress, there are lots of people on this site that can be a big help. :smile::smile:

Judi

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

We have a member with a 95 (Red) SC, that looking to sell...the ad is on NSX Prime For Sale section.

Have a look, as with the differance with the US $$ vs the Canadian $$ it is a good buy....not a 3.2 with 6 Speed, but with an SC that should hit the spot.

Bram

I wasn't giving up the S2000, just meant that I'd only drive the NSX when it's nice out and out rather have at least 1/2 a convertible. In addition to driving it around here we take a lot of road trips and I'd still want to at least be able to get some sun and wind.

That's the 95 in Toronto correct, how much trouble is it to buy a car and Canada and bring it back here?

Last edited:
Bob yes, that is the car in Toronto. I don't know all the details but since it is an American spec car, there is very little that needs to be done, I believe that you also have to pay some taxes at the boarder and local state tax, when registering the car., no other inspections. I believe Rob have all the details required for exporting, perhaps you can send him an email.
There are several people on prime that have imported Canada spec NSX's into the U.S. In the past, so there may be some folks that have dealt with this before.
Importing a car from the U.S. to Canada is more involved, but still straight forward anyway. The most difficult part was finding the right car.

Bram

Any locals looking to sell wheels? Open to OEM and aftermarket, I prefer 17/18 if aftermarket.

Thanka

I have a pair of 17x8" SSR GT1's (satin black fronts) available, if you could source a pair of 18's somewhere!

Brian

Eighteen present this evening at

CJ's. Nice to lift all spirits for a new driving season. :smile:

Last edited:
^^^ So true Neal, and these sustained 25-30 degree below normal temperatures sure wears one down after a while.

Brian

Back