• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hey, since this IS a Spotting Thread, I just saw a blue 2002+ NSX heading SB on Beck at 5 Mile at 1pm, Cindy's car?

Brian

So, who of our gang is going to EST-FEST? I'm in. I know Dave is in and if I recall correctly Brian, Judi, Neal, Cindy and Patrick as well -- anyone else? Would be fun if we could meet up and travel as a group.

Best,
Jeff

Hey, since this IS a Spotting Thread, I just saw a blue 2002+ NSX heading SB on Beck at 5 Mile at 1pm, Cindy's car?

Brian
I saw one Saturday on five mile heading toward Beck. There's another blue NSX in the area... (I think he also owns an R8). Couldn't see the driver but I waved as if it was Cindy!

There is another blue NSX car in the Plymouth area. I found it on Northville Rd last fall and talked to the owner. She was unaware of Prime.

Are the Wednesday meetings still taking place at CJ's? I would like to introduce myself to the group!

Hoping to add another car to the area this summer once I sell my s2000.

IMG_20140805_194211.jpg

^^^ OK, that looks exactly like the one I saw too........

Tim has a R8 and Blue NSX, but his has pop-up headlights.

Jeff, that's a great idea and Neal has mentioned it as well.
Shall we coordinate Est Fest transit on this thread, or start another one in this Section?

Yes, Wednesdays are ongoing at CJ's in Plymouth from around 5-7-ish PM.......look for the long table in the back of the room (yeah, the rowdy section ;-)

Brian

Last edited:
There is another blue NSX car in the Plymouth area. I found it on Northville Rd last fall and talked to the owner. She was unaware of Prime.

Are the Wednesday meetings still taking place at CJ's? I would like to introduce myself to the group!

Hoping to add another car to the area this summer once I sell my s2000.

View attachment 122950
I think her husband has the R8. When I met them (Shell station, 5 &Beck) a few years ago, he mentioned that the NSX was his wife's car.

Do you guys meet every wednesday? Are s2000's allowed. I'm still in my NSX education phase before I shell out real money.

Do you guys meet every wednesday? Are s2000's allowed. I'm still in my NSX education phase before I shell out real money.
Of course, Rob!

When we got our first NSX we couldn't bare the thought of losing our S2000, so my advice is to (when appropriate ;-) get both!

Brian

^^^ OK, that looks exactly like the one I saw too........

Tim has a R8 and Blue NSX, but his has pop-up headlights.

Jeff, that's a great idea and Neal has mentioned it as well.
Shall we coordinate Est Fest transit on this thread, or start another one in this Section?

Yes, Wednesdays are ongoing at CJ's in Plymouth from around 5-7-ish PM.......look for the long table in the back of the room (yeah, the rowdy section ;-)

Brian

I think we can do it on this thread. If there is a Sylvania, OH cars and coffee in early May maybe we can discuss in person at that time and then follow with a post on this thread. I'm not sure of the detailed itinerary for EST-FEST so I'll contact Bram to get an idea of what time we should target to arrive at EST-FEST. Personally, I'd like to get to hotel, drop stuff and then head to track (IIRC track is afternoon of first day). I'll provide details after I connect with Bram.

Best,
Jeff

Hey Guy/Gals,

We will email the itinerary to everyone when completed, this would be with the first week of May.
In a nut shell, here are some details with respect to timing of events. Hope this help you with your planning.

- Hotel checkin a time after noon...you can enjoy some of the facilities at the resort
- Drag strip NOT CONFIRM as yet...
- Track session starts at 4:00 -8:30 plan to be at the track 15 min before for the driver briefing
- Track side Dinner and photos
- back to resort for some Adult beverages and fire place chat
- Sat AM tech session
- lunch at Goderich Honda ..free time after lunch and photos
- Dinner main dining room - adult beverages prior to Dinner with entertainment in the Bar and at the Fire place
- Sunday AM Show and shine....
- Sunday PM enjoy the resort or start your drive home.

Hope this helps

Bram

Last edited:
Hey Guy/Gals,

We will email the itinerary to everyone when completed, this would be with the first week of May.
In a nut shell, here are some details with respect to timing of events. Hope this help you with your planning.

- Hotel checkin a time after noon...you can enjoy some of the facilities at the resort
- Drag strip NOT CONFIRM as yet...
- Track session starts at 4:00 -8:30 plan to be at the track 15 min before for the driver briefing
- Track side Dinner and photos
- back to resort for some Adult beverages and fire place chat
- Sat AM tech session
- lunch at Goderich Honda ..free time after lunch and photos
- Dinner main dining room - adult beverages prior to Dinner with entertainment in the Bar and at the Fire place
- Sunday AM Show and shine....
- Sunday PM enjoy the resort or start your drive home.

Hope this helps

Bram

Bram, hugely helpful for planning purposes thank you. One more question (and pardon me if sounds stupid as I may be having a brain blip) -- I need to renew my membership (easy part as I corresponded with Sean on this and will take care of that upon arrival at EST-FEST) but aside from making hotel reservations I have not sent you any dough for the actual event. I'm assuming that this will be collected early May, yes? I'm just concerned that perhaps I missed a post or something. Please advise, thanks! Sounds like the weekend is shaping up to be great fun.

Best,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Registeration for the event will take place on Friday at the Track, we will indicate the Registration details within the Event Package that will be emailed out to everyone attending. We normally send this package a couple of week before Est Fest.

Bram

Looks like it's possibly Al "Duffer" who since has moved down to Hotlanta. But the fact that it's raining out in that photo pretty much immediately rules him out :) If there was a cloud in the sky that yellow car stayed in.
From a number of years back at Bakers...only pic I have of it....
P1010578 by blodi, on Flickr

^^I was going to say the same thing Ryan, the rain ruled Al out first thing! LOL I still have some pics from that day, that is going way back. I really loved that hood on Jim's Zanardi and still would love to do the same on the blue car. Maybe some day when someone makes a good fitting CF 02+ hood and then I can convince my Dad to spend the moola. :)

Hey Ryan,

Our Wednesday clan wants to know when you guys are going to swing by CJ's with your recent bundle of joy???

Brian

Yea, Ryan !

Wanna see that cute kid soon :smile:

Catching up on a few past posts -

At Hass - Yes, as you asked on 4-14-15 I have photos of and well-recall that 300ZX meet in Dearborn and drive. Wifey drove our black '96 300ZX 2+2 and I brought the Imola.

On 4-20 and 4-21 when you (sca037 and pjr300) saw an LBBP Northville/Plymouth Twp area it was not Cindy (was still in winter storage).

BMAC where did you take that LBBP photo? It looks like a church parking area... If there's another LBBP around I'd enjoy seeing it - that one looks like it has a tan interior?

ESTFest is rapidly approaching and I am busy getting car(s) ready. :cool:

And two Wednesday's ago at CJ's we had nineteen (19) people show for pizza and car chat - a new record?

The FIRST Baker's of the summer is this Sunday!!! You will want to take note of this link if you intend to get there from the south.

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/index.asp

I'd love to bring her out to CJ's sometime. You guys can all take turns on diaper duty :)

Oooh, first Bakers! Man, I'll try my best to make it out. Maybe bring the Z.....

Drove the NSX into work today. I wish Southfield traffic was a bit more clear so I could hit the boost crack pipe a bit.

Wow, you're not kidding...........sporting a flathead V8, duallies and apparently no parking brake!

Brian

Years ago I used colorsonparade.com but now I would use Marc Harris at autolavish. They are mobile detailing but they might do scratches as well not sure though.

Back