• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

What a great day for a drive, and another eclectic mix of cars at Baker's.
Where else can you see a classic Duesenberg mixed in with all manner of rods and exotica like the new ZR-1 :cool:
It was nice meeting Charlie there (he promises he'll be posting more here on Prime ;^) and of course Neal & especially Tim for giving me a ride in his monster turbo targa.
We rented a C6 'vert for the weekend, and it was nice to compare it to the NSX....both quite fun but very different dance partners :wink:

Brian

Attachments

• Tim's 600whp NSX at Baker's.jpg
    Tim's 600whp NSX at Baker's.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Driver Change- NSX & '08 C6 'vert.jpg
    Driver Change- NSX & '08 C6 'vert.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 91
What a great day for a drive, and another eclectic mix of cars at Baker's.
Where else can you see a classic Duesenberg mixed in with all manner of rods and exotica like the new ZR-1 :cool:
It was nice meeting Charlie there (he promises he'll be posting more here on Prime ;^) and of course Neal & especially Tim for giving me a ride in his monster turbo targa.
We rented a C6 'vert for the weekend, and it was nice to compare it to the NSX....both quite fun but very different dance partners :wink:

Brian

Yep was fun driving your rental C6 convertible, for sure!
THX for that. Haven't seen any Charlie post(s)...
Pretty quiet in MI lately, I guess :rolleyes:
So I'll ramble. Took Imola out tonight after about 12 days of missing it. Felt good. An errand and then a romp. Drove the LBBP over Labor Day weekend +/- 700 miles, missed the GTLW exhaust. Both need a wash/detailing now. I could see Baker's early on Sunday afternoon if any interest. Dunno how many more Sundays they will go.
Anyone else attending NSXPO? Anyone else in MI or NW Ohio even getting it out of the garage? :redface:

Yep was fun driving your rental C6 convertible, for sure!
THX for that. Haven't seen any Charlie post(s)...
Pretty quiet in MI lately, I guess :rolleyes:
So I'll ramble. Took Imola out tonight after about 12 days of missing it. Felt good. An errand and then a romp. Drove the LBBP over Labor Day weekend +/- 700 miles, missed the GTLW exhaust. Both need a wash/detailing now. I could see Baker's early on Sunday afternoon if any interest. Dunno how many more Sundays they will go.
Anyone else attending NSXPO? Anyone else in MI or NW Ohio even getting it out of the garage? :redface:

Hey Neal

I've been driving mine everyday this week. Not going to NSXPO but I'll be driving her to VIR at the beginning of Oct for her last track event of the season.

Drove the NSX to dinner last night, first time in a couple weeks (just been stooooopid busy of late), and enjoyed a bit more intake growl after simply removing the stock snorkel assembly.
More sound at VTEC for sure........gotta love a free mod :cool:
We might be able to hit Baker's on Sunday, would be a bit later though due to a subdivision meeting (Neal take note, we're thinking of paving the road :biggrin:)

Brian (& Judi)

NSXPO 2008 Portland: Nice NWA flight DTW to PDX this morning (ON TIME!!!) and came in to airport seeing Mt Hood on south and Ranier/St Helens on north. Arrived at Crowne Plaza at 1230 P PST. Nice hotel, checked in and lucky enough to get a room upgrade. Met Ben in lobby and chatted. His post earlier today was right on - parking here as a group will be almost impossible. Time difference is strange. Weather is just great with 88 expected today and extended forecast exceptional.
Registration and reception at 5-8 P I believe. I am looking forward to seeing all the "west coast" NSX's and meeting their owners.

nicholas421 where are you? No activity since 9-8-08? What gives? Did you purchase a P Car? Two nice Imolas for sale now... :biggrin:
Walleye fishing last weekend was cold and windy (250 miles north of Soo, ONT), so thought about Bakers with you guys. Selfishly, I missed my NSX. :eek:
Forecast this weekend = good. Gonna drive it. New rear skins plus LOF etc before winter (which feels imminent).

Judi and I drove up to Lovefab for a headers & exhaust system installation over the weekend.
I will post a proper thread (yes, with pictures ;^) about our Saturday under the car, but really want to express our gratitude to Cody and Jen for their hospitality!

Brian

Judi and I drove up to Lovefab for a headers & exhaust system installation over the weekend.
I will post a proper thread (yes, with pictures ;^) about our Saturday under the car, but really want to express our gratitude to Cody and Jen for their hospitality!

Brian

Cody and Jen are great. I really need to stop by there and say hi...

Happy Halloween to you all, we are breaking radio silence in the Great Lakes State! In addition to tonight's trick-n-treat weather:

- Great service experience today at Suburban Acura, Farmington Hills, MI, NSX Tech Mike dealt me two new Bridgestone OEM rear tires, L-O-F, brakes checked, couple other sundry items checked, clean bill of health with NO issues :wink:

- Learned that 2002 and newer NSX rear OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE040 255/40R17 94Y tires have been discontinued ( Anyone know more on this? I know there are several alternatives...) My tire guy in Novi, MI, scared up another set of OEM rears from the left coast, had them shipped to him, I paid $245 each to lay in an extra set today

- And last, today at Suburban Acura they mentioned there was another NSX in for service (rare, to say the least). DCADARET your CTSC/HRE/Brembo/RM Sports Exhaust/Low mileage '99 blue NSX looked and sounded awesome! :eek: Me hopes your NSX is never allowed to leave Michigan.

Turn back our hands of time tomorrow night, and if any of you want to take a drive this weekend, I'm game.

Happy Halloween to you all, we are breaking radio silence in the Great Lakes State! In addition to tonight's trick-n-treat weather:

- Great service experience today at Suburban Acura, Farmington Hills, MI, NSX Tech Mike dealt me two new Bridgestone OEM rear tires, L-O-F, brakes checked, couple other sundry items checked, clean bill of health with NO issues :wink:

- Learned that 2002 and newer NSX rear OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE040 255/40R17 94Y tires have been discontinued ( Anyone know more on this? I know there are several alternatives...) My tire guy in Novi, MI, scared up another set of OEM rears from the left coast, had them shipped to him, I paid $245 each to lay in an extra set today

- And last, today at Suburban Acura they mentioned there was another NSX in for service (rare, to say the least). DCADARET your CTSC/HRE/Brembo/RM Sports Exhaust/Low mileage '99 blue NSX looked and sounded awesome! :eek: Me hopes your NSX is never allowed to leave Michigan.

Turn back our hands of time tomorrow night, and if any of you want to take a drive this weekend, I'm game.

Hey Neil

Try these Dunlops as a replacement.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Dunlop&model=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

Less expensive but higher performance the the stock tire by far. They're actually stickier than the RE070 and RE01Rs that I have so they're great for track as well.

My NSX was put up right after the Waterford event :frown: And I put my CR back to factory mode as well. Done for the season and now we get all this nice weather coming up ..LOL

We just had another Michigander join the ranks today fellas! I'm sure he will chime in later, but thanks for the PPI Perry! Believe it or not, I think we are going to roll the Dubs at least until the tire tread dissappears. The car actually looks REALLY GOOD with the 19/20 combo, at least in its own way. It it was another color, I don't think it would come out right.

However, we are losing a longtime Michigan Midnight Pearl to Tennessee. I have a hefty deposit on my 1995, it'll be gone on the 14th. Ya gain some, ya lose some....

We just had another Michigander join the ranks today fellas! I'm sure he will chime in later, but thanks for the PPI Perry! Believe it or not, I think we are going to roll the Dubs at least until the tire tread dissappears. The car actually looks REALLY GOOD with the 19/20 combo, at least in its own way. It it was another color, I don't think it would come out right.

However, we are losing a longtime Michigan Midnight Pearl to Tennessee. I have a hefty deposit on my 1995, it'll be gone on the 14th. Ya gain some, ya lose some....

How did the suspension feel to you Cody? I couldn't tell because of the wheels.

How did the suspension feel to you Cody? I couldn't tell because of the wheels.

The clutch was so shot, I really couldn't get it up to speed. The motor sounded great, tranmission shifted fine and the car was in good shape considering the price, so I decided to pick it up for whom I was representing.

We put a new clutch in it today and the car feels great! Pulls REALLY strong considering the wheels are tipping the scales at well over 50lbs each. The suspension actually feels great! The coolant hoses have been replaced relatively recently, which I was worried about. I'll save the rest for when Chris posts :)

Thanks to WingZ and Cody from www.lovefab.com, I have my dream car. It hasn't sunk in yet, I think I need a week! But thanks to Cody's clutch job (very impressive skills!), I drove what I have always wanted on a very below average teacher's salary.

I really love the Green. The interior is gorgeous. The engine is really smooth and sounds incredible. The wheels are fun, although not really me. The front wheels rub a bit, so we'll have to look into that... The turbo is inevitable, but I need a little time to pay the car off first!

So far, I have met a few of you guys and I look forward to meeting more of you now that I have a better excuse. :cool:

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03589.jpg

Got that Brooklands for sale in Detroit, eh? Chris, Rotary Junky, welcome!

:smile:

Cody, midnight pearl gonna go to a proud new owner.

Thank you! And thank you for being so welcoming when we first met.

Now I just need to wait for next summer. :frown:

Thank you! And thank you for being so welcoming when we first met.
Now I just need to wait for next summer. :frown:
No problem Chris, you'll fit right in with our gang :wink:
Yes it's getting late in the season, but we still managed to get a drive in with a few friends on Saturday...so don't give up finding an excuse to play with your new toy until just before the snow (and salt) flies!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 78
Congrats and welcome buddy!

Chris,
Welcome aboard. Nice to see that we finally have a new color, not these BORING Blue cars................. wait, I have a blue car, It's too bad that you don't have one of the FABULOUS BLUE cars:biggrin: Looking forward to future get togethers.

Now with winter coming, Does anyone else snowmobile and want to do a winter trip?

Tim

Chris, welcome! Very nice and rare color combo!
Brian, Looks like you guys had fun last weekend! I am digging the 308! I would love to add a GTB to my stable in the next few years.
Who else is taking advantage of this indian summer we are getting?!

Back