• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

As far as I know. This one is a new one on Wiltis street in beam sponsored by a local jewelry store owner. They are not happening all the time as this was the first one I heard about. Previous meets had really nice variety of exotics. We had three f cars p cars a mclaren drove by i8 rolled by. It was pretty cool. Different setup as the cars line both sides of the street.

Hey all of you Michigan guys,

A small group of us from the Chicago area are planning an overnight up in Traverse City in late September. We'll be driving up on 9/26, spending the evening and trying to cram in as much fun as we can before we have to leave the next day. Consider this an invitation to join us :smile:! We're planning on staying at the Comfort Inn on US31, and as of yesterday they had 30 rooms available for the evening of 9/26 at the rate of approximately $190/nt. Looks to be a good hotel: positive reviews, free breakfast, pool, hot tub, free shuttle downtown. If you'd like more info on the trip, look at the thread under the Chicago-Milwaukee regional forums. We've already got one Michiganer interested...how about some more?!

Breaking news, I located a used C30A crankshaft for the purple boostmonster and should have it in hand within a couple weeks!

Brian

Hey all of you Michigan guys,

A small group of us from the Chicago area are planning an overnight up in Traverse City in late September. We'll be driving up on 9/26, spending the evening and trying to cram in as much fun as we can before we have to leave the next day. Consider this an invitation to join us :smile:! We're planning on staying at the Comfort Inn on US31, and as of yesterday they had 30 rooms available for the evening of 9/26 at the rate of approximately $190/nt. Looks to be a good hotel: positive reviews, free breakfast, pool, hot tub, free shuttle downtown. If you'd like more info on the trip, look at the thread under the Chicago-Milwaukee regional forums. We've already got one Michiganer interested...how about some more?!

Thank you for the invitation. :smile:

Breaking news, I located a used C30A crankshaft for the purple boostmonster and should have it in hand within a couple weeks!

Brian

Dat's good news.

Excellent news! Can't wait to see it alive again.

I represented at the annual Ford design picnic last week....

WOWZA! :eek: What a Ford GT Fest that must have been!

I am contemplating Sunday morning's Toledo Cars-N-Coffee meet...... have yet to make it there this summer season.

Let me know if you decide to go Sunday, I might go.

newest member

Speaking of Bakers... we had fun meeting the newest, and by far cutest member of the group (sorry Neal, it's not you anymore), along with her sweet black on black ride. Her ride isn't by chance the top secret "baby" nsx we've been hearing about is it?

We did hear rumors of Ryan starting a "baby buggy" build soon, maybe lower it, add some aftermarket wheels and rubber.

blodi2_zpssdkir1va.jpg

Bob, great photo.........thanks for sharing!

Nick, errrrrrr.............all I can say is "downshift 2 gears and floor it" ;^O

Brian

Went to CJs, where were you?

Around 730. Saw a red Countach as I was arriving.

Around 730. Saw a red Countach as I was arriving.
Wow, so close.......sadly we missed you by mere minutes.

Didn't see the Countach either (but drove the red car to CJ's).

Please try again soon, and if we know you're coming would very much enjoy hanging around to catch up on things!

Brian

Went down Woodward last night for a few miles before I couldn't tolerate the traffic anymore. Saw someone's red car around Duggan's. Are there any NSX's meeting up tonight/this weekend?

Picture from a slight detour
ck_1.jpg

I'll probably be out there tonight some, but tomorrow I'm in upper michigan for a family thing.

Will be in Jackson this coming Wed but hope to be there

My red car ar Duggan... could not get in though, just wound up being a trip through the parking lot. Just left tonight, wind blowing in, storms imminent.

Just as we were getting ready to go out the storms blew in so we stayed home.

Total Zoo on Woodward Fri/Sat. No place for an NSX IMHO. Much easier to have body work done on 60s/70s American Iron. Mine will stay undercover this weekend. If any of you are over there today I believe that the Jaguar Club of MI is using my office building's parking lot for their own show -- Woodward and Long Lake northbound side south of Long Lake just before the Little Daddy's restaurant. Last year some very fine XKEs and bunch of the new Jags from the dealer in Troy. Worth a look if any interest.

Best,
Jeff

Wasn't too bad. We were out there today from 11-3. Made a stop for an hour or so with the Michigan Rotary Club up on Wide Track Drive. Hot though!

Nope! Although a coworker saw one Friday

Had a great time with my wife and friends yesterday. Good friend and owner of Sitto Motorsports invited a few of us to showcase some of the cars he worked on. We were lined up on 1/4 south of 13 mile on the east side of Woodward. I didn't see any NSX's from 5-9 I was there.

Parked er with a Lamborgini, supra, GTR's, R8, S2000 and a R34.

Back