• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Great turnout at CJ's tonight, and some excellent 'show and tell' with John bringing his new 911 C4S to ogle!

Waterford Hills has its final Open Track Day of the season this Sunday, so we'll sadly have to miss the death run to Toledo :biggrin:

Brian

I'm out, leaving Saturday for china for work for a month. Everyone have fun and enjoy the last few warm days.

I'd love to make the death run, but we've got a few things going on Sunday. :(
Maybe I can make it up to waterford for some parade laps later in the day? We'll see.
I do plan on making it to Vince's drive on Nov 1st though!

I think we all lived. Traffic was moderate to heavy so picking up steam was short in duration.

Never know what will come out of the woodwork around T, OH. We saw Pete A (organizer), Dave T from Findlay OH - virgin early 60's silver 'Vette, Erik S from Findlay OH all-CompTech equipped for track Berlina / Ivory NSX, Ken from Central Classics, yea!! :cool: )

Dave _ V 05 (!) nice to visit and drive with you.

We got to view a gentleman's collection following the Cars-N-Coffee. He recently purchased this '96 Red/Tan out of FL with ~ 34xxx miles - a beaut!

Jealous of the good times there Neal. Wish I could have made it. I did run a couple errands in the NSX on Sunday just to blow some of the dust off of it.

Slight off topic:
On Saturday after I was at work I went over to Livernois Motorsport to put the Z on the dyno. I picked up a race built 2.8L engine for it to put in over the winter. So I wanted to see what the old 2.4L would put down as a baseline. They are rated at 151 hp at the crank and mine is certainly far from fresh although I've done my best to go through and do a full tune up on it. I was going to be happy if it hit 100+ and really happy with 120+.....she laid down 128rwhp! Pretty impressed! Put it basically right where it should be for a healthy 240z. Can't wait to see what the new engine does in the spring. I told them I'd also have to bring the NSX to see what it would do on their dyno too just for fun. Great guys there who were all really loving the Z. They gave us a nice tour of the very impressive facility. Some really serious cars there. They also gave me a nice print out of my dyno chart with a nice photo of the car.

Video, oh yeah, my valve seals must be pretty tired too from the decel smoke :) Good thing a new engine is coming.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zUIN-6RjFEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heading to Detroit today...anybody getting together with their cars?

Wish I would have seen your note earlier today..... just got done working. Are you staying on the west side?

Jealous of the good times there Neal. Wish I could have made it. I did run a couple errands in the NSX on Sunday just to blow some of the dust off of it.

Slight off topic:
On Saturday after I was at work I went over to Livernois Motorsport to put the Z on the dyno. I picked up a race built 2.8L engine for it to put in over the winter. So I wanted to see what the old 2.4L would put down as a baseline. They are rated at 151 hp at the crank and mine is certainly far from fresh although I've done my best to go through and do a full tune up on it. I was going to be happy if it hit 100+ and really happy with 120+.....she laid down 128rwhp! Pretty impressed! Put it basically right where it should be for a healthy 240z. Can't wait to see what the new engine does in the spring. I told them I'd also have to bring the NSX to see what it would do on their dyno too just for fun. Great guys there who were all really loving the Z. They gave us a nice tour of the very impressive facility. Some really serious cars there. They also gave me a nice print out of my dyno chart with a nice photo of the car.

Video, oh yeah, my valve seals must be pretty tired too from the decel smoke :) Good thing a new engine is coming.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zUIN-6RjFEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! Glad it's not "hurt." I envy your DIY eagerness and will to just "dive in." :smile:

And I forgot to mention, I ran by BMAC Sunday evening on Northville Road - I pulled over for a bit to see..... silver sure looked nice!

Wish I would have seen your note earlier today..... just got done working. Are you staying on the west side?

Wow! Glad it's not "hurt." I envy your DIY eagerness and will to just "dive in." :smile:

And I forgot to mention, I ran by BMAC Sunday evening on Northville Road - I pulled over for a bit to see..... silver sure looked nice!

Ha ! Yes! I had just gotten back for a little color run with my good friend and his new S through Hell. What a beautiful day it was.

I thought your car was orange... but I think I have met the owner of the blue car before too, earlier last year at MIS! I will try to buzz by CJ's this Wednesday and introduce myself. Always happy to see the LBBP car.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 121
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 122
I am here, leaving Wed morning. I will give more notice next time (heck, I just realized I needed to go at 8 am and caught a 4pm flight.)

Gotcha....... I have some time this evening (Tues) so if you happen to have nothing going and are close to the west 'burbs shout out a reply and perhaps we can gather for a bit.

At BMAC - yea, would be great if you could stop by CJ's tomorrow. Our group sits at the main room, rear table / long bench seat against the wall. Usually 445p through 715p or so...

Gotcha....... I have some time this evening (Tues) so if you happen to have nothing going and are close to the west 'burbs shout out a reply and perhaps we can gather for a bit.

At BMAC - yea, would be great if you could stop by CJ's tomorrow. Our group sits at the main room, rear table / long bench seat against the wall. Usually 445p through 715p or so...

I'm up for something tonight. It's dollar burger night at Bar Louie in Livonia.

What time is good for you at Bar Louie Livonia Laurel Park Mall?

Yum, tater tots comfort food ! :biggrin:

I may roll up in a rental car. Don't laugh. You will know me as I will be staring at VINs. (Kidding) Will someone send me their text? (PM me please)

Sorry to see Tim's go. That is one hell of a rig though!

I may roll up in a rental car. Don't laugh. You will know me as I will be staring at VINs. (Kidding) Will someone send me their text? (PM me please)

Wish I could join you guys, but looks like I'll be on baby sitting duty so the mrs. can go to yoga.

"Not Dead Yet":biggrin: In line for Gen 2. Told couldn't keep the old and get the new and I was feeling nervous about tracking the car. Don't know when I will be able to get Gen 2, rubbed elbows with 3 Heavy hitters at Acura this past XPO and they did ask me "Who is your local dealer?" so maybe I can be in the first couple years. Got the Cayman back from Vision Motorsports in Cali. 3.8 Liter NA motor and 350 RWHP so it has new track duties. Kids are lusting for the C7 ZO6 and it is a beautiful vehicle so maybe but I anticipate returning. The NSX is the hottie that you marry and you find that everything else is just a dream that never lives up to the reality.

We'll all keep our fingers crossed that you get a Gen 2 NSX, as it'll likely be the best shot at us locals having a good look at it.
If you want to check out the C7 Z06, come to the 11/1 drive that Vince is hosting (on Fchat) as I'm quite sure his will be there.

Greetings!

Is anyone going to be around this week? I'll be in town until Thursday. Would be awesome to meet some local NSX owners.

-Tom
Yes, can you join us on Wednesday at CJ's in Plymouth?
It looks like it'll be a wet day so probably not much in the way of fun cars in attendance, but you never know!

Brian

AM showers only, hopefully. I'll try to make it regardless! What time do ya'll usually meet?

Yes, can you join us on Wednesday at CJ's in Plymouth?
It looks like it'll be a wet day so probably not much in the way of fun cars in attendance, but you never know!

Brian

AM showers only, hopefully. I'll try to make it regardless! What time do ya'll usually meet?
Easily through the 5-7pm dinner time / happy hour range, we take over the long tables at the back of the restaurant and slide them all together.

Brian

tle Tom - Very nice to meet you! Thanks for reaching out to join us. Please let us know if you need anything else while in these parts.

Back