• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Sounds like a fun time Neal! I definitely agree with you on liking the Skyway better and in summer they have some killBoy guys up at the Skyway taking pictures as well. Also, that Blount sheriff is a pretty cool officer! He gave us a quick little talk(warning), and never bothered our 20 something group of cars with tickets as long as we were within the double yellow and didn't do anything stupid, and this despite us going well over the speed limit.

Drove the Cherohala Skyway east from TN into NC and Robbinsville Monday, then Tail of the Dragon northbound (US-129) at 245 pm. Back up through Alcoa, Maryville, and thru Knoxville at 415 pm rush hour. Trees still had some color but the prevailing smoke from the forest fires precluded many views. Smoke made the full moon orangish, though.

I liked the Cherohala Skyway better than the Dragon. It went up to ~ 5300 feet! The Dragon was so slow - I saw only 8-9 cycles and 7-8 cars on it, plus one marked black Sheriff patrol Chevrolet Tahoe w/a Blount County (TN) Deputy Corporal giving a southbound red Ford Focus driver a safe Dragon-drivin' lesson :redface: KillBoy photographers were out - likely very bored with the non-existent traffic - I'll have to hit their website to look for their photos.

See you at CJ's!

Nice Gen III TL Neal. Uh sorry, TLS! Next to the NSX and the S2000 my favorite Honda/Acura. But then again I've had a number of Gen III TLs. Just picked up a minty /07 in Toronto with 75,000 miles which is in very nice shape. It will replace my Dad's /04 TL that has 150,000 miles on the clock. He lives in Toronto. I have a bit of deferred maintenance to handle -- front pads/rotors, renewal of all fluids and filters, TB/WP service including valve adjustment and spark plugs. By the time I'm done the car will look and drive almost as new. Sounds like you had a nice trip.

Best,
Jeff

Have the well worn clutch out of the purple beast, and being a 1-off custom piece needs to be re-engineered anyway......so an upgrade opportunity presents itself ;-P

This forum is s l o w in the off-season anyway, so I figure I'll throw any updates here.

Stay warm!
Brian

Well it's been one hell of a season, and thanks to all that made it that way! Here is a compilation of all things going wide open throttle and screaming through the gears (including a screaming NSX!) Grab your favorite beverage and enjoy! Chris

Hello everyone, my name is Moe. Huge car enthusiast. I have been on the hunt to find the perfect Nsx for me. I am currently searching still but I have found some that I am interested. I will see how fate takes its toll on them haha. I currently own a 1997 Nissan 240sx Kouki which is getting a heart transplant to a jdm 2jz Gte non vvti. It's shown in a few pictures. Tianbo gave me a shout out a few months back. I also own a 2008 Nissan 350z Nismo. It's #1101 out of 1613 and is 1/322 in silver alloy. I want to add on my Japanese car collection. It would be a true honor to own a Japanese legend like an Nsx. Can't wait, wish me luck with my journey. Hope to meet you all real soon....

-Moe

Last edited:
received_1376096802409191.jpgreceived_1376096842409187.jpg

Hasss' meet a few months back. You can see him with his beautiful new to him rpf1's. That is my 350z Nismo.

Attachments

• received_1376096802409191.jpg
    received_1376096802409191.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Those look like my old RPFs that were on my 99 when I sold it...wheels which I got from sca037... who got them from Cody at LoveFab...hmmm...

Welcome to the forum Moe,good luck on the search.

Patrick,
I purchased the set through Bell Tire. I had it powder coated bronze chrome before the install. I had them on our first drive this year lol.

Glad you found your Dad a suitable ride Jeff. Didn't see much of interest around these parts lately, but I am for the most, out of the loop. Make sure it's not on the list for an airbag recall. Hope you and your family have a great holiday season.

Faron

Glad you found your Dad a suitable ride Jeff. Didn't see much of interest around these parts lately, but I am for the most, out of the loop. Make sure it's not on the list for an airbag recall. Hope you and your family have a great holiday season.

Faron

Thanks Faron. I've had the car here in MI for last little while handling some deferred maintenance, TB/WP, plugs, valve adjustment, etc., etc. By the time I'm done it should need nothing more than oil and filter changes for next couple of years. We've had quite a few Gen III TLs so I know all the little stuff that goes wrong all the way from the back (rear calipers/rotors) to the front (motor mounts and compliance bushings) so I decided to proactively just do everything and be done with it! I hope you had a nice holiday season and best wishes for a happy, healthy new year.

Judi and I have just felt a ripple in the Force..........hang on ladies and gents, for the details ;^D

Back