• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Nick, where you at? :tongue: Are you in the wind again...........??:wink::biggrin:

Is anyone else SICK of winter? I'm going batty. Between chasing our dogs that keep walking over the fence because of too much snow, and shoveling all of that snow, I'm losing it!

I need to go for a drive and I haven't seen dry pavement in Northern Michigan in over three months....

Is anyone else SICK of winter? I'm going batty. Between chasing our dogs that keep walking over the fence because of too much snow, and shoveling all of that snow, I'm losing it!

I need to go for a drive and I haven't seen dry pavement in Northern Michigan in over three months....
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
This Winter is just b r u t a l and it's a looooong time 'till Spring :eek:
We just came back from the range, and making holes in paper does seem to help !!!

Brrrrrrrian

I've been getting my jollies off by dyno-tuning NSX's, but it still isn't very satisfying because I'm stationary and generally a nervous wreck with someone else's car in my hands. Let me clarify, my senses are "pegged" listening/feeling/tuning the car and I can't enjoy the sensation of a dyno session as much as I normally would by simply observing.

Dry pavement, sun shining today but cold cold cold. So I took that drive for you, Cody! A couple of low speed passes across M-14 for 31 blissful miles.

I enjoyed the brief above freezing temps on Friday and got my NSX started the other day for the first time in over a month, the battery was completely dead I had to leave it hooked up to my other car for 30 mins before it would even turn over. I went ahead and replaced my battery connections too since the OEM ones were worn and never would get fully tight.
The car didn't leave the garage since its up on stands, but still felt good to give it a few revs and let it run for a while
It probably won't be coming back down off the stands until it has a new stronger clutch (still trying to figure out what I am going to get) and new CV boots, the originals are leaking old broken down grease. So I can't wait til it warms up enough just to be out in the garage tackling all the projects on it.

Sounds like someone needs a battery tender...

I started mine up and rolled it back a couple feet in the garage the other day.

When is the snow going to end!?!?

As of now even on the "dry" days there is still too much salt dust on the roads to take a drive. Both my NSX and my Legend are sitting it out until the spring. Even with my daily driver RL I cringe at how much salt is getting caked on on a daily basis... and don't even get me started on the pothole laden streets!

Now why did I move up here from Florida again?...

Grrrr!

I have a battery charger, not a tender though. But the battery was so dead that the charger wouldn't charge it at all. But after I had it hooked up for a while then ran it on its own for a while, I hooked up the charger over night and charged it completely. I am sure the old loose battery connections weren't helping anything.
No end of this cold in sight yet. :frown:

I have a battery charger, not a tender though. But the battery was so dead that the charger wouldn't charge it at all. But after I had it hooked up for a while then ran it on its own for a while, I hooked up the charger over night and charged it completely. I am sure the old loose battery connections weren't helping anything.
No end of this cold in sight yet. :frown:

Same boat as you Ryan w/o a tender but I'm shocked at how long my little 10lb battery holds a charge.

I still have my original NSX battery which you can have if you want. Not too old and was working fine when I pulled it out. Want me to see if it holds a charge?

Same boat as you Ryan w/o a tender but I'm shocked at how long my little 10lb battery holds a charge.

I still have my original NSX battery which you can have if you want. Not too old and was working fine when I pulled it out. Want me to see if it holds a charge?

Thanks for the offer. I just got this battery last summer. Should be fine now. It charged up fully with the charger. I never had this problem before. I am pretty sure it was the original crappy connectors that wouldn't fully clamp down on the posts that were causing problems. I replaced them with some nice heavy duty ones so I am hoping I won't run into problems again.
I never usually let it sit that long without running it, but its just been damn cold and it slipped my mind. If I have more problems though...the battery is still under warranty..

I think my NSX is the only one I've seen that DOESN'T lose it's battery over a period of 3 weeks or so. IIRC, I haven't had to charge my battery in almost two years. I have no radio or clock that can draw power with the key off, so I think this must help ;)

Roads are almost dry so I should be able to take Tim's freshly completed car for a quick spin before delivery...

Hey Cody, I hope you'll let us know, or maybe Tim will/should, how it's running! Agree w/you on rotaryjunkie - bet there's some pent up ambition there.
Motegi - you moved to MI from sunny FL 'cause you dig our Motor City mayhem.

Without letting the cat out of the bag, the car should haul some serious ass while driving like a factory NSX anywhere out of the throttle - including traction control, factory idle, and functioning factory diagnostics(a far cry from where the car was!). Obviously things are different when the throttle is poked ;)

A TON of work has been invested into the car to get it up to par from it's previous history. I think Tim may chime in with his driving impressions and any catching up on the car's history if he wishes.

^^^Sounds good Cody, I can't wait to see Tims new beast this Summer. Although I do not know about Bakers this year guys, w/ all the crap going on w/ the auto industry American VS. Foreign and the bad blood I have heard on the news (foreign cars getting vandelized, verbal hate @ foreign makes, etc.)I do not think the NSX's will be a welcome site this year. I think I may be absent all year when it comes to Sundays out there.......:redface:

^^^Sounds good Cody, I can't wait to see Tims new beast this Summer. Although I do not know about Bakers this year guys, w/ all the crap going on w/ the auto industry American VS. Foreign and the bad blood I have heard on the news (foreign cars getting vandelized, verbal hate @ foreign makes, etc.)I do not think the NSX's will be a welcome site this year. I think I may be absent all year when it comes to Sundays out there.......:redface:

Don't let the haters get you down Tim! :biggrin: Technically, I guess I should be a hater myself considering my situation...haha. But I can't be mad when I own an English car, German car and Japanese car...oh and a Japanese bike. Guess I'll have to ride my Trek to Bakers this year. :wink:
I do think we should try to get an NSX meet going ourselves again this summer like we did a couple summers ago at Bakers. That was a great turnout and a good time.

I've been wanting to get a meet going up here for the past few years but have been too busy to even think straight. Would you guys be willing to make the trek up here for a drive along with a barbeque/beach day? I'd be glad to organize something if we can all agree on a date.

Oh ya...Tim's car is fast. :biggrin: The roads dried off so I was able to take it out for a quick test drive. Good thing there is Traction Control because with the roads still being dusty, I can't really get full traction even starting in 4th gear....

^^^Cannot get traction in 4th gear huh? Sounds NUTS! I love it.......

I would love to come up there for a meet as I was up that way all the time as a kid and have not been that way in many years. Sounds like a good time.........:smile:

Could be a really cool road trip caravan! You know I have lived in MI now for almost 10 years and I have still never been north of Lansing....this would be a good excuse! Count us in tentatively, hard to even say where we'll be living in a few months time...:rolleyes:

Man I love VSA. Days like today were made for it.

Back