• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

I spent last week putzing around metro Phoenix area for work. I checked out Science of Speed and met Chris. He showed me his shop and I got to see the high(est?) water mark Zanardi on the dyno. Beautiful ride. He was also in the middle of swapping a J32 into a customer's car, neat stuff !

The silver car awoke from its slumber last night. With fresh fluids, I took it for a rip down the Huron River and all was well (but saw a NASTY rollover airborne accident on the other side of M14 - hope for the best). Its ready for duty for its (newly engaged) owners this summer !

We will be participating in the charity drive by the Six Rivers Land Conservancy in Oakland County on May 6. Any other representatives from the group plan to attend?

Glad to hear of possible new additions to the state !

? Where to pick up on these recent events ?

Congrats all for engagement (overdue), babies due, new sports car acquisitions, new wheels, and all else driving-season upon us! :biggrin:

We got 89 miles last Sunday morning. All good, small group so easy to stay together on the counterclockwise tour. Found most of the route as expected except a brutal patch coming N-NE into Macon where we experienced washboard asphalt.

2017-4-23 RobM's new whls tires.JPG

? Where to pick up on these recent events ?

Congrats all for engagement (overdue), babies due, new sports car acquisitions, new wheels, and all else driving-season upon us! :biggrin:

We got 89 miles last Sunday morning. All good, small group so easy to stay together on the counterclockwise tour. Found most of the route as expected except a brutal patch coming N-NE into Macon where we experienced washboard asphalt.

View attachment 143703

The Motor City my *ss. Condition of roads here makes me want to move. Sorry to have missed Sunday -- forgot to get insurance in place. All sorted out now.

FWIW, this a.m. I had a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires installed (205/45/16 fr and 245/40/17 rr) in place of my nearly used up (on the rear of course) Bridgestone RE010s. No 215/45/16 available but the 205s are close enough. What a world of difference insofar as ride is concerned. Night and day. Tech who took off the RE010s said the sidewalls were as stiff as some runflats he's seen. I'm guessing that these new Contis may be a step down in performance category from what I had though I suppose it is possible that with 20+ years of tire technology over the old RE010s the Contis may come close to the RE010s. I won't push the car too hard until I've driven a few hundred miles on the new tires. Even if I lose a bit of ultimate handling capability (which I wouldn't avail myself of on the street in any event), I'll gladly trade that for what is now a much more acceptable ride. I'll keep the gang posted on my impressions as I build up some miles on these new shoes. Hope to see some of you soon.

Best,
Jeff

The Motor City my *ss. Condition of roads here makes me want to move.
Best,
Jeff

My father in-law is planning to visit us next year and I'm embarrassed for our roads. He's coming from Iraq and I know for sure he will complain about our roads. The roads in Iraq are smoother and safer than here. Rant done!

Nice, does that mean $25 for plates instead of $400?

$30... and they are good for 10 years. So sweet!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the trick is with the blue plates for our cars is that you have to find one with the correct year of sticker still in place. Took me a bit of time to hunt down a 91...and it's in really nice shape too!

Bakers first Sunday cruise-in is next Sunday, May 7th.

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/index.asp

Last Friday I obtained a 60 day temporary registration for our (new to us) 2002 IOP NSX - $89 (highway robbery - our license plate fees in Michigan are beyond out-of-control). Should have waited, as our weather stinks so won't be able to get it out and start shaking it down until Tues or Weds.

It was quiet up there...

Had a very productive race weekend, our P2 car had some minor teething problems (fire & stuck throttle ;-) but we bounced back with 2 wins...including 1st overall from the pole!

sca037 said "Had a very productive race weekend, our P2 car had some minor teething problems (fire)" :wink:

Yea, heard your P2 driver Vaughn was a real "hotshoe." Fire in the hole :eek:

Bakers:

2017-5-7 Bakers 2002 IOP NSX and others.JPGView attachment 1440792017-5-7 Bakers Chris Baker at entry chute.JPG

Nice photos, Neal!

Thanks to Patrick for dropping off the clutch parts last night, they are in Jim's capable hands and will begin measuring and evaluating if there is anything there we can use in the purple beast.

Here's our P2 driver on Sunday making hay after our 'minor' Saturday setbacks, the later Sunday race that we started and ended from the Pole isn't nearly as exciting ;-P

Last edited:
PCPS Spring 2017 Dust-Off event

Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI, area's Points and Condenser Preservation Society (PCPS) had their annual Spring Dust-Off event yesterday, 5-13-2017. The event morning meeting spot was Germain Porsche-Audi dealerships on south State Street in Ann Arbor with coffee and goodies catered by Zingermans Deli.

Following distribution of route maps and a drivers meeting, about 50 interesting cars departed for a drive to Troy, Michigan. We all parked in the Suburban Collections' Bentley/Rolls Royce/Lamborghini/Maserati parking lot and were free to roam the showrooms prior to and after a wonderful catered lunch by the Big Rock Chop House (Birmingham, MI?). Food was super! (There was a fifty buck fee for this event.)

I got to listen to Patrick's new Jag F-Type Supercharged V-8 exhaust note on the drive there and back, and also followed a new Porsche Caymen GT4 (what an exhaust b-a-w-l that rascal has - me likee lots!).

Also, before I fail to mention it, I have a line on a well cared for 1998 six speed red NSX (black interior) with Honda factory NAVI pod and 43K miles - priced at $65 K - pm me if you know anyone interested.

I took a few photos:

Morning meeting spot

BIG and "little" (note R hand drive) -

Arrival at Suburban Collection's luxury dealerships in Troy, MI. P GT4, 2002 IOP NSX, and Patrick's F-Type -

Delicious 2017 Audi R8 V-10 -

Catered luncheon in the Bentley showroom -

New 2017 P GT3 -

Couple of new 2017 Bulls - yellow Huracan and white Huracan Spider - 'bout a qtr million each - got them to do a couple of revs with the Spider!

And departing the event after watching most of the drivers leave.........

Last edited:
The Suburban exotic showrooms -- Rolls, Bentley, Maserati and Lamborghini-- were pristine and exquisite. And never made it over to Aston or Jaguar to visit that F-Type that almost came home with me last month
f554d280e654d4fc2b9fbb483cd076a3.jpg
015a1d7a0d2a4dce579485c327c4a250.jpg
74e90d1ddf6610f2e5f26bd6b1446861.jpg
b99f071e6ab0ec8659ce20f771e74ddc.jpg
de819f3a533d036416af378b6d6c6be5.jpg

Wow Patrick, the contrast between your Jag and Neal's (other ;-) Orange NSX is large, both in color spectrum and overall size!

Thanks for the photos from both of you guys ;^D

Lol everything looks large next to a NSX!

Back