• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

I'm still amazed at how well NSX's get around with proper snow tires. WOODY's car is the most fun I've had in the winter. ~550WHP, traction control, great brakes, you can't lose :)

Mid engine is good for a lot of things:biggrin: The snows on my S2K I got brand from a guy who was going to drive his NSX in the snow but just didn't have the heart to do it ..LOL

Well with a pair of 45+ scheduled for this weekend I'm pretty sure Neil will doing the "Return of the Imola" :wink:

I've been wanting to get a meet going up here for the past few years but have been too busy to even think straight. Would you guys be willing to make the trek up here for a drive along with a barbeque/beach day? I'd be glad to organize something if we can all agree on a date.

Oh ya...Tim's car is fast. :biggrin: The roads dried off so I was able to take it out for a quick test drive. Good thing there is Traction Control because with the roads still being dusty, I can't really get full traction even starting in 4th gear....

Good lord I am not on here enough.

If you need help putting something together, I'll lend a hand.

If anyone feels like trekking north a bit, Bay Harbor has an in-water boat show June 20th and a great car show on the 27th. Tim and John came up for that show a couple years back, and then ran through the tunnel of trees between Harbor Springs and Cross Village. I think they had a great time. This may be an idea that's worth considering.

Anyway, I hope you all are making it through the winter w/o losing what sanity you have left. Hope to see you all in the spring.

Oh, and Cody, it's 50 degrees and sunny today. Time for a pleasure cruise?!?! :wink:

10:30 PM est and I just came up from the garage after uncovering the Imola's butt-end for some loving (visual). Winter is hard in these parts. :mad:

Looking forward to NSX activities in 2009, including NSXPO Toronto and running Mosport. I think that will be the last time I track my car.

Last edited:
10:30 PM est and I just came up from the garage after uncovering the Imola's butt-end for some loving (visual). Winter is hard in these parts. :mad:

Looking forward to NSX activities in 2009, including NSXPO Toronto and running Mosport. I think that will be the last time I track my car.

I'm definitely down for NSXPO Toronto. When is it?

Well we had a warm-up! Jen and I got out the fast cars and ripped around for the evening sometime last week. It was 55 degrees until an hour after dark last week and pure bliss. I forgot how fast ~650WHP feels :eek: I'm good until spring now.

Duffer know's about the Ford's problems, having pulling into his driveway last year with coolant belching onto the ground. I recently remedied that problem! Picked up a Dodge Dually. This rig will make it a little safer transporting customer's cars across country.

Last edited:
^^^What a beast. I do not want to see that thing in the rear view mirror in the NSX. :wink::eek:

^^^ Plus one, Cody. You're a hard-working guy and deserve a new Ram dually for sure! :smile:
May it (and you) be blessed to pick up NSX's across the nation in safety, good health, and no more points on the ole D.R. And, do what you do, then to return them to happy and satisfied owners.

Me? Was fortunate today to fire the Imola up (just barely - battery tender was doing other duty). Took two drives, of course low speed passes, never, ever, touching is it VTEC? 3.2 L likes the cool air, and she sounded pleased to be out.

Time to get some plans together for summer. Including maybe a weekend up in your playground (Father's Day weekend in June?) and maybe Mid-Ohio ALMS August 8th weekend.

Summer planning sounds good. Also, plans on going to NSXPO for a caravan.

Summer planning sounds good. Also, plans on going to NSXPO for a caravan.
The potential trip up North is a maybe for us, but we're going to the Toronto NSXPO for sure :cool:
Anyone from this area thinking of shipping a car there?

Brian

Up North maybe, NSXPO is a no for us. Planning some meets we will try to make it for whatever comes up but I'm afraid you guys have the honors. I am officially retired from planning NSX meets, sorry. :redface:

Hard to commit to anything since nothing is completely stable for us still. But I would love to make the trip up north and really love to hit up XPO with those who are going. Im sure we'll do some other meets on our own as well. Anyone know if the Fchat guys are going to do their spring drive again this year? That one from a couple years ago was a blast!

Up North is good. If we do something in the Mackinac area, I will be happy to host. This is a 2 hour drive to Buckley, aka Home of Lovefab.

Brian, Ship to Toronto?, it is only 4 hours away. Let's plan on a caravan of cars. Makes for interesting conversation as you cross the border. Planning on driving to Toronto on Thursday, will stay through the track events. First NSXPO for my NSX, possibly the 3rd for the Noble if Liz decides to take it.
Tim

Brian, Ship to Toronto?, it is only 4 hours away. Let's plan on a caravan of cars. Makes for interesting conversation as you cross the border. Planning on driving to Toronto on Thursday, will stay through the track events. First NSXPO for my NSX, possibly the 3rd for the Noble if Liz decides to take it.
Tim
Tim, it was just a 'feeler' as if there was going to be a substantial caravan we we sure wouldn't want to miss that :biggrin:

No news to report here (it was near ZERO *F overnight) except that we got our stock S2000 wheels and SSR NSX wheels powdercoated satin black (see pix).
Their respective centercaps are plastic, so luckily I was able to find a good match of the Krylon rattlecan variety for those.

Brian

Attachments

• Powdercoated NSX & S2000 Wheels.jpg
    Powdercoated NSX & S2000 Wheels.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 41
Tim, it was just a 'feeler' as if there was going to be a substantial caravan we we sure wouldn't want to miss that :biggrin:

No news to report here (it was near ZERO *F overnight) except that we got our stock S2000 wheels and SSR NSX wheels powdercoated satin black (see pix).
Their respective centercaps are plastic, so luckily I was able to find a good match of the Krylon rattlecan variety for those.

Brian

Brian, those are going to look great! Have you lowered the car yet? Because that will be the first thing you'll want to do now that you have the wheels done.:biggrin:

Nothing new to report here on mine. I have a long list....just figuring out the best way to attack it. I have to do some spring maintenance and then this summer some small aesthetic changes and then maybe some small handling tweaks....we'll see.

Brian, those are going to look great! Have you lowered the car yet? Because that will be the first thing you'll want to do now that you have the wheels done.:biggrin:

Nothing new to report here on mine. I have a long list....just figuring out the best way to attack it. I have to do some spring maintenance and then this summer some small aesthetic changes and then maybe some small handling tweaks....we'll see.
The car is still up on blocks/dollies, and awaiting a decision.......
I want to replace the suspension (28K miles but 17 years old) and am debating just getting the Bilsteins and stock springs, or going a little nutz and popping for the KW V3's :confused:

Brian

The car is still up on blocks/dollies, and awaiting a decision.......
I want to replace the suspension (28K miles but 17 years old) and am debating just getting the Bilsteins and stock springs, or going a little nutz and popping for the KW V3's :confused:

Brian

Mine had 40K on the stock suspension when I put in my Bilsteins last spring... my front end felt a little bouncy to me with the stock suspension...the new shocks really made a nice difference that I could feel. I am really happy with them. Lowered it just the right amount so you can still drive around here and made it just a touch firmer with better high speed cornering stability (at least vs. my old shocks). Since I don't plan on tracking my car much (hope to get it out for the first time this summer) its a great setup.

Last edited:

Brian

Wheels look great and will look spectacular on the red car. Don't know about the suspension issue, I am currently debating the issue myself, KW or just leave it alone. I have the Eibach with stock springs. Looks good and no body roll with the aftermarket sway bars. Can't wait till spring.
Tim

Wheels look great and will look spectacular on the red car. Don't know about the suspension issue, I am currently debating the issue myself, KW or just leave it alone. I have the Eibach with stock springs. Looks good and no body roll with the aftermarket sway bars. Can't wait till spring.
Tim

Tim,
What sways do you have? I want to do some possibly this summer to lessen body roll a bit. I was thinking of doing the Dali adjustable set because I like the idea of being able to "tune" them.

Tim,
What sways do you have? I want to do some possibly this summer to lessen body roll a bit. I was thinking of doing the Dali adjustable set because I like the idea of being able to "tune" them.

SOS adjustable. Dali was out of stock when I ordered mine. Corners very flat but definitely need to tune it otherwise you might tune in a little too much oversteer:eek:

Totally off-topic, but I was crushed when I woke up this morning...

this is what I woke up to. There was clear ground last night, w/ NOTHING on the trees.

488048287_SZzoG-L.jpg

488047297_4cYsc-L.jpg

488046579_R8Dz5-L.jpg

488045616_U4y8Y-L.jpg

488049140_c3X9E-L.jpg

488042855_L7Qmp-L.jpg

488043463_Yu5LH-L.jpg

Tim
Well, after reading about some possible installation (shock body length) issues with the KW V3's, and some rather persuasive conversations with Neal.....I've ordered the Bilsteins.
Maybe we can have a little install party here soon :biggrin:

Brian

Well, after reading about some possible installation (shock body length) issues with the KW V3's, and some rather persuasive conversations with Neal.....I've ordered the Bilsteins.
Maybe we can have a little install party here soon :biggrin:

Brian

You know I'll be there with my spring compressors as long as nothing comes up.
I suggested to Neal that he should bring his Type R chassis bars to install that day too!

Back