• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Spring (couldn't help it!) install party..... down the winding dirt road towards the SCA037 country estate homestead....... YEA! No need to wash the NSX first. I'll be there. :wink:

Saturday maybe 47 and sunny. Anyone for a drive, GTG, or Wings game at 2 PM vs. St. Louis Blues?

Spring (couldn't help it!) install party..... down the winding dirt road towards the SCA037 country estate homestead....... YEA! No need to wash the NSX first. I'll be there. :wink:
Saturday maybe 47 and sunny. Anyone for a drive, GTG, or Wings game at 2 PM vs. St. Louis Blues?
Funny guy :biggrin:

We have our tile guy scheduled for Saturday (ceramic tile on the foyer- yay ;^) but depending on the timeframe might be up for a GTG.

Give us a call,
Brian

Whoa, an '05 1700 mile Imola/Onyx in Indy............

do it , DO IT , DO IT !!!!!!!!

Brian

Hope the tiling went well, went out for a drive with the top down, saw a Saleen S7 near Ann Arbor on 94.

Hope the tiling went well, went out for a drive with the top down, saw a Saleen S7 near Ann Arbor on 94.
A S7 sighting is a rare treat!
The tiling in ongoing, looking good and should take until Wednesday to complete.
That said, we did get the freshly powdercoated S2000 wheels bolted up, so that car is ready to go out and play :wink:
We hung out with Neal briefly last night, and it was good to see his Imola machine out prowling the streets again......

Brian

jorligan - what color on that S7? Have MI lic plate? Dude must be daring driver w/all the almost-spring rim bending potholes out there.

On another note, any chance of you (and spouse) making ALMS MidOhio 8/8/09? I'm certain you have seen the other thread on it.

Other Michiganders, as well?

jorligan - what color on that S7? Have MI lic plate? Dude must be daring driver w/all the almost-spring rim bending potholes out there.

On another note, any chance of you (and spouse) making ALMS MidOhio 8/8/09? I'm certain you have seen the other thread on it.

Other Michiganders, as well?

Candy apple red with MI plates. Wondering if it belonged to a certain Brighton enthusiast. Anyone looking to get together? Here is an event with some of the local BMW M3 owners:

11am meet at Champp's in Troy (Big Beaver Road and I-75), eat lunch and then drive out to Kart 2 Kart on April 19th. Liz and I are planning on attending.

Candy apple red with MI plates. Wondering if it belonged to a certain Brighton enthusiast. Anyone looking to get together? Here is an event with some of the local BMW M3 owners:

11am meet at Champp's in Troy (Big Beaver Road and I-75), eat lunch and then drive out to Kart 2 Kart on April 19th. Liz and I are planning on attending.

Hey Tim, THX for your reply. I was wondering if that was the specimen from Brighton enthusiast. That thing must be a total BLAST to drive. I'll look at this April 19th event.

I just scored 18.7 mpg on a 13 gallon NSX fill-up :eek: :eek: Very bad, but fun.

You guys remember "Justified 2005 NSX" (W Sub. Oak Co.) - traded an e mail w/him last week. He still owns his red/tan 2005 NSX 6 spd, but busy w/work and family. Hope we see him soon...

hey guys, long time no talk. i doubt i have missed much over the winter months. anything new, new members, anything of the sort? i have been up at western. loving kalamazoo, so many good driving roads out here.

there is another drive the following weekend from grand rapids, up the shoreline, through Mackinaw, and back down the east side on sunday. I'm part of that, and there is a HUGE bonus coming for anyone who wants to sign up for that drive. Details will be coming soon, but here is the thread from the F-Chat people.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227631

Read through there, and you can guess what the "bonus" will be.

there is another drive the following weekend from grand rapids, up the shoreline, through Mackinaw, and back down the east side on sunday. I'm part of that, and there is a HUGE bonus coming for anyone who wants to sign up for that drive. Details will be coming soon, but here is the thread from the F-Chat people.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227631

Read through there, and you can guess what the "bonus" will be.
Well, seeing that horizontal run just South of Traverse City, i'll wager it's a trip to LoveFab :cool:
Like Chris Marsh mentioned, May 9-10 is a Waterford Hills race weekend so that's where we'll be :wink:
Count us in for the drive that Nat is hosting the previous Saturday though!

Brian

Well, seeing that horizontal run just South of Traverse City, i'll wager it's a trip to LoveFab :cool:
Like Chris Marsh mentioned, May 9-10 is a Waterford Hills race weekend so that's where we'll be :wink:
Count us in for the drive that Nat is hosting the previous Saturday though!

Brian

nope. Guess again. ;)

Hope you guys have a blast at Waterford though.

Yesterday sca037 opened his fully equipped service facility for an "install party." While some of his tools/equipment may never again be located, the Pepsi was tasty and we actually got some updates accomplished! I'll let him chime in on his gorgeous red 1992 NSX updates.
My Imola got violated, and undressed! It was tough seeing it this way.... hoping, of course, that it might actually go back together. Anyway, after installation of the NSX-R stabilizer bar some time ago, the NSX-R front chassis bars were fitted. A HUGE thank you from me to Mike, David, Brian, Judi, SOS, Larry B (for guidance/advice on this at NSXPO 2008 Portland during the Tech Sessions at Acura of Portland), and Ryan!
It did fit back together..... our NSXs are a marvel of engineering and assembly.

It's gotta be a drive through the tunnel of trees. It sounds like you are trying to get it closed for us to drive through, possibly at speed? First time I drove it, I drove it alone, second time with a Carrera GT and on the return, followed by a crazy man in a Jeep. I slowed down playing blocker thinking that the the person in the Jeep was a cop to allow the CGT an escape, turns out it was Isaac. It's a good thing that there are alot of turns because each turn essentially threw him into the next, kinda like a pinball.

It's gotta be a drive through the tunnel of trees. It sounds like you are trying to get it closed for us to drive through, possibly at speed? First time I drove it, I drove it alone, second time with a Carrera GT and on the return, followed by a crazy man in a Jeep. I slowed down playing blocker thinking that the the person in the Jeep was a cop to allow the CGT an escape, turns out it was Isaac. It's a good thing that there are alot of turns because each turn essentially threw him into the next, kinda like a pinball.

bingo.

I have confirmation that it's a done deal. Just waiting for the paperwork to go through. But, as of now, I have 2-3 hours set aside for the north half of the tunnel of trees to be closed for our use.

I'll have more details soon.

First, I want to thank Ryan for his able hands and expert guidance (not to mention his spring compressor ;^) on the Bilstein install.
Oh Neal, so far we don't appear to be missing any tools......in fact if anything we're +1 since Ryan left his big ratcheting wrench as a door prize I guess (J/K Ryan, we'll give it back!)
It was impressive seeing the entire front come off for Neal's NSX-R chassis bar project (no fair having a master tech come over, kinda like having your science report done by NASA), made replacing a set of shocks seem like child's play :biggrin:
Now all we need is for our Odyssey battery to show up, that and no more frickin' SNOW that is!

Brian

Attachments

• NSX Install garage party 2-28-09.jpg
    NSX Install garage party 2-28-09.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2 NSX's in the garage!.jpg
    2 NSX's in the garage!.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Bilstein (front) Installed.jpg
    Bilstein (front) Installed.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 33
when is Lud going to give us a subforum so we can kill this thread?

I'm ready for some driving. Who's up for breakfast and a short drive this Saturday (4/4)?

I'm ready for some driving. Who's up for breakfast and a short drive this Saturday (4/4)?

I'd be there but i am in FL at a meeting. Back next week. Maybe something next week?

We would be in Nick. Getting the NSX back Wed./Thurs. from some new additions. Let us know. :smile:

10,363 views of this thread...... not bad.
I can't this weekend, but sure would like to. :redface:

I am more than ready for some driving....We are on our way South from the Bering Sea this moment and will be flying into home territory 4/7-4/8! Praying for some sunny weather...cold is ok.....just need sun!

Back