• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Sweet rides. I'm up for a weekend drive anytime anyone else is interested.

It looks like the NSX and new Supra are rocking the same wheels, what are they?

They are both BC Forged HB09. 18/19 silver/polished lip for the NSX and 19/19 white/polished lip for the Supra. I love the wheels but wanted something a tad different. Very happy with the way they turned out. My inspiration for the Supra was this NSX from a few years back thus leaving the wing exposed CF. Few more small additions and it is done.

E40CDAB3-97C8-4CCD-ACE9-C1A62ACEA9E9.jpg

New owner in Grand Rapids

Hello
Purchased a 97 with 50k miles in November of last year. Red/tan Auto. Any suggestions on exhaust replacement with the O2 sensor?

Classic Appreciation in Rochester Hills has always done a good job for me.

Once paint is corrected, buy the Turtle Wax Ice hybrid ceramic coating... spray on, wipe off, looks great, $10.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

possibly! definitely going C&C on Saturday....

Anyone else going to NSXPO this year?

On Friday, August 20, the WOODWARD DREAM SHOW will be held at M1 Concourse. It's a show open to hot rod, custom, cruisers, and more. To submit an application for your vehicle, follow the link below. I'll be working as an Ambassador for the show, so let me know if you apply. Hope to see you there!

Car Submission | Woodward Dream Show

GREAT turnout last night for the Battle of the Brands show at St. John's, and I think it's safe to say that the Mustangs had the biggest turnout.

Of note, there were a handful of Loti and 4 or 5 S2000's......but no NSX's of any generation.

This morning's event is modified to Condensation and Coffee.

Ran into Brian and Judy today at the Concours at St John's Inn today and promised I'd help dust off the cobwebs here :)

Made it to the cars and coffee on Saturday morning and found a pair of very cool BAC Monos:

Also made a pit stop in front of the BBS tent for a LM photo-op

And of course, the Concours itself had a lot of amazing cars:

Also, there's a super clean Spa Yellow 97 live on BaT from a dealer in Livonia. Looks like it spent a lot of time in Battle Creek and Macomb - maybe someone here knows the owner?

I don't "know" the owner but I actually may have talked or emailed him a couple of years ago I think. I remember talking to someone in Macomb country that had a matching car to mine but never heard from him again and he never showed up at any drives or anything. This might be that car. I'm looking forward to see what it sells for, it's almost identical to mine including millage, will be good to know if I need to call Hagerty and change our agreed to insurance value.

Last edited:
On Friday, August 20, the WOODWARD DREAM SHOW will be held at M1 Concourse. It's a show open to hot rod, custom, cruisers, and more. To submit an application for your vehicle, follow the link below. I'll be working as an Ambassador for the show, so let me know if you apply. Hope to see you there!

Car Submission | Woodward Dream Show

We'll have the purple boostmonster in this show on Friday, so if anyone is in the area please swing on by and say "hi" :cool:

Bob will also be there, with his extra super duper beyondo ORANGE Lotus Evora as well :biggrin:

See you there!!

The photos don't show up there for me, it says "Image Unavailable, Please Login". :)
I was going to stop by there yesterday for a quick look around until I found out tickets were $100.

I didn't know what they charged for admission, but they took good care of the participants with food and drink tickets.

There were reports of another NSX being there, but I think it might have been the red Lotus Esprit being mis-identified :biggrin:

I bet the show will be even bigger today, so if anyone goes please post pictures here!

After asking around it seems that the Tickets were indeed $100 per person for the non-participant Woodward Dream Show folks, but to my understanding that also included a home base to park for the Dream Cruise for the entire DC big weekend.......which makes it more of a value proposition than just an admittance ticket.

I heard several people say that they could leave with their wristbands to "cruise" Woodward, then come back whenever they wanted to their established parking spot.

I'm sure there is value in that, considering how packed Woodward Avenue is for spots otherwise.
We were only there for the Friday Dream Show part, but can imagine how things would have only gotten tighter as the weekend progressed.

Maybe Patrick can confirm or deny my assumptions/assertions?

Either way, it was a fantastic time/event :cool:

Back