• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

hmmmm...however could you mean? ;)
OK, I see beans all over the floor so I guess it's time to say Judi and I have promised to give Cody's (in)famous LoveFab shop car a good Michigan home.
He has graciously agreed to do the same to our Shelby Can-Am race car, although somehow I doubt it's going to remain 'stock' for very long.
So, we're looking to become another 2 NSX family........in a very Jeckyl & Hyde fashion :tongue:

There, I said it!
Brian

GREAT evening tonight here in S E Michigan! Got 88 miles in Imola - likely the last targa roof off drive for 2009. :frown:

SCA037 with Judi piloting in S2000 (excellent exhaust, BTW) in front of me, with P car and Caterham leading the way.

P.S. Snake was found DOA on drive o/s Brian and Judi's.

Last edited:
I assume whatever you guys have in mind includes a fantastic garage :wink:

The RSR-PCA color tour was a great time.
LOTS of cars and nice people, some of whom we hadn't seen in ages.
At one point on the tour, we were the first car in a group and when I looked back I saw a line of Ferraris....so Judi pulled over at a turn and we waved them by.
The resulting engine note symphony was most worthy :cool:
We did have a bit of a problem though, as when we pulled up to the final destination (dinner stop) I then noticed a strange speed-variable clicking sound that Judi heard earlier, and was amazed to discover our RR wheel was failing.
2 large cracks in a couple split-spokes had developed, so after dinner we hitched rides home with friends and retrieved the NSX the following afternoon (about 70 miles away).
We were pretty lucky that it hadn't failed at speed, and we're still at a loss as to what caused them!

Still, it was a good end to a great drive considering the other possible outcomes.
Brian

WOW, Scary Wheel, fortunately caught in time. WOW, you also bought the SCARY fast car. Will be fun times next year!!!! Looking to finalize the house plans and the garage/shop. Garage won't compare to Carguy! but it will be bigger than what we have now and I will finally have a lift (Yes, you all may come over and use the lift!), Hopefully ready by summer of 2011 but will have to wait and see how Obamanomics impacts us. Nice thing is that the new house will be near some new very nice driving areas near the Waterloo recreation area.

P.S. Snake was found DOA on drive o/s Brian and Judi's.

The snake looked alive, did something bad happen to him? I would have moved him, we like those kinds of outdoor pets. :confused:

Quite remarkable, as he still appeared alive and perfectly preserved for viewing at 2 PM today!

There was something else present for viewing, as well :cool: :wink:

He came to Baker's a couple of years ago. Noticed since it looked the same as mine except for the wheels. Nice looking car overall except for the wheels, blue on blue didn't do it for me.

Make mine a double :wink:

Here are a couple pictures of the latest addition, I'm happy to report they seem to be getting along just fine.

Brian

Attachments

• Cody temporarily parks the NSX.jpg
    Cody temporarily parks the NSX.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 2 NSX's (3).jpg
    2 NSX's (3).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2 NSX's (1).jpg
    2 NSX's (1).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 53
Awesome! What year and is the S2k gone?

Lol you and Neil with these double ups:)

Oh no, we still have our S2K, we'll keep that car forever. The new NSX is also a 1992. :smile:

^^^ Question is, Cody.........are your neighbors less or more afraid when you're blasting around da hood now? :biggrin:

Brian

Attachments

• Cody tries on the SCA.jpg
    Cody tries on the SCA.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I can't wait to see what Cody does with that thing. A built and boosted NSX engine in that would be quite insane.....
What is the weight on that thing?
1800lbs with full bodywork intact.
The chassis and all components were designed for 500hp so no worries turning up the wick a bit :wink:

Brian

Thumbnails from 10-18-2009 Porsche Club MI drive.

Attachments

• 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 005.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 005.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 006.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 006.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 008.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 010.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 010.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 013.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 013.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 026.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 026.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 024.jpg
    10-18-2009 Porsche Club Drive 024.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 29
I think I am gonna bring the turbo out to play....see you guys there! Just back from Alaska and Neal informed me about this.....looks like a great day for it.

We will try and make it for the b-fast part, weather looks to be nice.....

What a great day for a drive!!! Good to see you guys there!! Oh and thank you Mother Nature!!! Here are a couple pics....also there are some beauties on fchat regional!

Attachments

• breakfast parking lot.jpg
    breakfast parking lot.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 30
  • FOA drive group.jpg
    FOA drive group.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 29
  • lining up iop.jpg
    lining up iop.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 26
Back