• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

"A huge one is a cage because 0-150mph in about 10 seconds is just freaking scary."

:eek: Cody I think I'd cage it, too..... and I know minus crap about drag and racing.

Nope, not kidding. I scored them for extremely cheap three years ago because my 1995's suspension was shot. Have put some good mileage on them and they haven't really dissappointed.

I don't doubt that some Motons or some other high end coilover setup will help me, but right now, I'm still on street tires that don't even hookup on the street :biggrin: Stickier tires first(RT615's), and brakes(which are underway) second. I already have some stiffer sway bars and the car definately is no slop in the corners, so I'll try it out first and improve what's lacking. I'm sure I'll be on a different setup after a track day or two, but I can see more urgent places to spend money first. A huge one is a cage because 0-150mph in about 10 seconds is just freaking scary.

Hmm well let's see because of all the extra hp suspension is crucial. I've personally seen stock cars with a "tuned" beat/pull on cars ( same model ) that were engine modded for more power. It's just balance. Also you don't have to buy Motons or JRZs it's just a matter of getting the right specs for whatever suspension you buy.

What type of adjustability do the Ksports offer? Is it just height or do they offer damper adjustability as well?

What size wheels do you have? RE01Rs are better than RT615s ,but the sizing is odd.

The Ksports do have Damping adjustments, and they are a full coilover so droop and height adjustment. I know that I can adjust street driving characteristics between "cush" and "stiff" by adjusting the dampening knobs, so I know they work. But the question that I don' yet have the answer to is, "How will they work on the track?"

A little more than a month and we'll get to find out, I'm BEYOND excited for this years driving season.

17"X7.5" and 18"X9.5" are my wheel sizes, though maybe not for long. I'm considering going fairly radical with wheels and tires, but factory body work is limiting me in the rear. I think that with the right offsets and a combination of spacers, I can fit a 315. The more tire the merrier!

Re: Michigan check-in & Waterfor Track Days

For those interested in the track driving experience, I am an instructor with the local Porsche Club region. We will hold four track days at Waterford in 2008. The events are extremely well run with lots of track time and catered lunch. All cars are welcome and you do not need to be a Porsche Club member to join in the fun. The first event in early May has a run group oriented specifically for first timers, too!

Check it out at http://rsp.pca.org/

PM me for more info if interested.

Re: Michigan check-in & Waterfor Track Days

The Ksports do have Damping adjustments, and they are a full coilover so droop and height adjustment. I know that I can adjust street driving characteristics between "cush" and "stiff" by adjusting the dampening knobs, so I know they work. But the question that I don' yet have the answer to is, "How will they work on the track?"

A little more than a month and we'll get to find out, I'm BEYOND excited for this years driving season.

17"X7.5" and 18"X9.5" are my wheel sizes, though maybe not for long. I'm considering going fairly radical with wheels and tires, but factory body work is limiting me in the rear. I think that with the right offsets and a combination of spacers, I can fit a 315. The more tire the merrier!

Okay with that much adjustment it's just a matter of you taking it out and adjusting it to your driving style.

If you go larger with the front wheels and tires you'll need to roll the front fenders if you haven't already. I'm unwilling to do that so I went with importing RE01Rs and RE070s in the 215/40/17 size which seems to work good w/o rubbing.

Yeah see guys with your level of HP won't really lose anything running that large in the rear. Heck it's almost a requirement to get all that HP down.

For those interested in the track driving experience, I am an instructor with the local Porsche Club region. We will hold four track days at Waterford in 2008. The events are extremely well run with lots of track time and catered lunch. All cars are welcome and you do not need to be a Porsche Club member to join in the fun. The first event in early May has a run group oriented specifically for first timers, too!

Check it out at http://rsp.pca.org/

PM me for more info if interested.

Guys his group is only asking $150 which is a great price! Thanks for looking out for us. I really do recommend we try to take him up on this invitation as a group. We can take it slow and really have a good time on the track w/o worrying about cops or collisions like we do on those high speed drives.

Cool I hope you can make it.

Hey Guys hope all is well. To let you know about a pretty good deal for NSXPO 2008 travel if you are a Northwest Airlines WorldPerks member and have 50,000 banked miles.... booked NWA #460 DTW 9am to PDX 1105am Thursday 9-11-08 (direct!) and return 9-20-08 Sat PDX 830am into DTW 348pm NWA #461...... for total 50K banked miles. Normal rate @$378 rt. Direct flights, did not seem to matter if returning T-W-Th-F-S. Certainly be nice to have a few of us on same outbound segment. After NSXPO concludes on Sunday we'll probably just check out Monday's track day (mooch a free ride or two), then tour into OR and/or WA.
Meanwhile, back at the "Fishin'Shack", not quite decent enough to go driving today plus the everywhere potholes scare the 7734 out of me. :eek:

Hey Guys hope all is well. To let you know about a pretty good deal for NSXPO 2008 travel if you are a Northwest Airlines WorldPerks member and have 50,000 banked miles.... booked NWA #460 DTW 9am to PDX 1105am Thursday 9-11-08 (direct!) and return 9-20-08 Sat PDX 830am into DTW 348pm NWA #461...... for total 50K banked miles. Normal rate @$378 rt. Direct flights, did not seem to matter if returning T-W-Th-F-S. Certainly be nice to have a few of us on same outbound segment. After NSXPO concludes on Sunday we'll probably just check out Monday's track day (mooch a free ride or two), then tour into OR and/or WA.
Meanwhile, back at the "Fishin'Shack", not quite decent enough to go driving today plus the everywhere potholes scare the 7734 out of me. :eek:

got the miles. just don't have the nsx :( yet
can't wait for good weather so we can go driving in 7734, MI

93949926eu1.jpg

Yeah they're really bad over here to ,but I still can't wait to put the suspension in my S2K as well as slap on the summer wheels/rubber;-)

Hey guys we should still get together before we get the cars out so we can decide what events we want to do this year.

got the miles. just don't have the nsx :( yet
can't wait for good weather so we can go driving in 7734, MI

93949926eu1.jpg

Hey Nick how was the Ferrari meet last Sunday? Did you guys talk about track days yet?:biggrin:

Nick way to go!
No worry about NSX yet. 7734 you've been through a couple of them already. If you want to spring for that 2002 Imola/onyx I am here for you!

(D-mn let that car come into Michigan I wanna see it!) :smile:

i came in first :cool: ... the 2nd and 3rd guys were SCCA racers.
they will be karting again on 3/30.

no track time discussed.

focrd2.jpg

You go Nick! To be fair though you do drive a Fit everyday so you get a lot of "go kart" practice on a daily basis. Can't wait to get one of those babies myself:biggrin:

Nick way to go!
No worry about NSX yet. 7734 you've been through a couple of them already. If you want to spring for that 2002 Imola/onyx I am here for you!

(D-mn let that car come into Michigan I wanna see it!) :smile:

Neil has just become the devil everyone .. LOL Now that he owns two NSX he's prodding others along the way:tongue:

You betcha. :redface:
Transferred title on that LBBP today, and can testify that sales tax really hurts. I sure hope Nick returns to a nice NSX soon. He can pay less sales tax than an F Car or P car 'cause he's been there before. :smile:

Turbo Zanardi huh? That's pretty sweet!

Someone we know? Maybe no more CTSC and now with a turbo? Jim? Did you come out of the closet?:biggrin:

Someone we know? Maybe no more CTSC and now with a turbo? Jim? Did you come out of the closet?:biggrin:

That is what I was thinking but I just cannot see it. Come on now Jim, clear the air now. :biggrin:

Roads were clear yesterday so I had the oportunity to put around 20 miles on a Zanardi. The trip was necessary to tune the car, but it was still quite enjoyable!
Still waiting on parts to finish the shop car...and weather...

Yea, clear roads tough to come by lately, much less in a ZANARDI tuned !! Forecast is snow for Fri/Sat maybe 5-10 inches don't get me started. :frown:

Turbo Zanardi huh? That's pretty sweet!

^^ Yes

^ I am also wondering, having some insight into what Jim was considering...

That is what I was thinking but I just cannot see it. Come on now Jim, clear the air now. :biggrin:

YES! It must be?? I hope so! :eek: Was a beast already! I'd pay him (like a slot machine) just to hear his Zanardi rev.

not Jim. I believe he is trading in his Zanardi for a real beast, i'll let him announce it.

I knew it was for sale but I no there was no takers but that was months ago. Do not know what happened.........:confused:

And if he lives here (on Prime) he better get clean on this.
Glad I don't shovel snow in Columbus, OH, new record 20" snow fall. MI looking up, weather-wise.

Hey what happened to Nicks post??

Yeah the Zanardi at the Zoo seems to be pretty much like the party at the Manoogian mansion ... LOL

Yeah Ohio got creamed! Things are looking better for us this week. Hopefully in another three weeks I can start getting the cars ready for track season:biggrin:

COULD not help myself... took the LBBP out for a quick spin at 730P. 3-4 miles after warm-up. Auto trans (as Ekin knows well) is loads of fun to learn!
Left foot keeps stroking for clutch, though.... :eek:

Back