• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

OK, got the braided stainless brake lines and all the rotors & pads installed yesterday.
I need to follow the break-in procedure before using them hard, but the initial impression after a short 80*F drive is good (um, that I at least didn't screw anything up ;^)
So, who attended the first Toledo C&C on a very foggy Sunday morning?

Brian

Attachments

• Brake Upgrade Complete.jpg
    Brake Upgrade Complete.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 32
Some serious quantity of NSX parts for sale right in our back yard.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139444

"one sold, one left" ? :confused:

Has many other parts listings, as well.

Has anyone met "new2thegame" ?

Is he an NSX owner / enthusiast, or more like a 'part-er' ???

His feedback is all good either way, so if you need large stuff you could skip the shipping :cool:

Brian

Guess someone is really not pleased - :confused:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1417868

OK, got the braided stainless brake lines and all the rotors & pads installed yesterday.
I need to follow the break-in procedure before using them hard, but the initial impression after a short 80*F drive is good (um, that I at least didn't screw anything up ;^)
So, who attended the first Toledo C&C on a very foggy Sunday morning?

Brian

Yea, Toledo. Awoke to fog overcast gloom.

Wanna see these new running gear on your red virgin in person.

Neal, I got the S2000 ready to go as well :cool:......maybe we'll bring the NSX to CJ's on Wednesday so you can check out the brakes.

Brian

Hi guys,

The parts were sent out to this customer tracking # (03103490000008471967) USPS.
The box was returned to me because of address problems, and shipped out again.

No scams here and we strive for 100% customer satification, and were dissapointed in the bad feedback, and were doing everything we can to make amends with Lester on this manner, and I'am personaly watching ,and tracking this shippment to make sure everything goes smoothly from now on.

Were not out to make a bad name for ourselves on this great and most helpfull web site, and all of our customers in the past have recieved there products from us with no problems. Our prices are reasonable and shipping is #1 . Pm me with any questions you guys might have or if theres anything we can do for you to clear up any questions you might have.

Fast forward a week.

new2thegame I believe you are in Lincoln Park, MI. I do hope you are an honest NSXPrime seller and I've no reason to believe otherwise.

Our weather was so good last week, the weather-guessers are bent-over for a repeat performance this week :frown::redface::frown:

Fixin' to round up a posse to hoof down to Toledo, OH, Mother's Day Cars-n-Whatever on May 8th Sunday. It's 9a til 11a at Sylvania Twp's Timmies, Route 20 west of I-475/23 on south side. This meet has been bringing out the BEST of Toledo and it surprises me what shows up.

Leave M-14 at Ford or Gotfredson area at 8 AM? Any interest in a US-23 run to the Buckeye?

3-20114-2011miscphotos-BBSRG-Rs002.jpg

Working on this....

Very very nice Neal! I was planning on a set of BBS RGR so you have to tell me how you like them.

Thank you, Perry, and it is good to see you looking in this spring (??? spring??).

Well, I don't know where to begin. I am a newbie to wheels. I've learned quite a bit since beginning this venture, but I'll say I have always thought the best of BBS wheels. So now I am learning about spacers, acorn/tapered lug nuts versus ball-seat lug nuts, centering rings, holy crap what have I gotten myself in to? Yea, I know. The BBS's look like truck wheels without a drop. Oh, sheet.

:redface:

Oh yea, almost forgot to mention..... this set of gently used RG-R's are virgin. Like the looks, clean, forged one piece, simple. 17/18 with sizeable rubber and plenty of useable tread left.

Thank you, Perry, and it is good to see you looking in this spring (??? spring??).

Well, I don't know where to begin. I am a newbie to wheels. I've learned quite a bit since beginning this venture, but I'll say I have always thought the best of BBS wheels. So now I am learning about spacers, acorn/tapered lug nuts versus ball-seat lug nuts, centering rings, holy crap what have I gotten myself in to? Yea, I know. The BBS's look like truck wheels without a drop. Oh, sheet.

:redface:

Oh yea, almost forgot to mention..... this set of gently used RG-R's are virgin. Like the looks, clean, forged one piece, simple. 17/18 with sizeable rubber and plenty of useable tread left.

Hey Neal the RGR's should be a direct fit w/o spacers:confused:

Met one of your locals at Gingerman this past weekend "Sparkin3" in his 91 Black / Black. Weather was a bit cool, damp, and breezy in the morning but the track warmed up nicely in the afternoon.

More mods for Neal! Looking good!
Had mine out for a little bit yesterday enjoying the nice holiday weather. Needs a bath though. :redface:
Had a chance to blast around in a CTS-V coupe on Friday....I walked away extremely impressed. What a beast!

I had our red NSX out on Saturday since it was such a lovely day. New brakes feel great.

Neal, the picture of the new BBS wheel looks awesome.

Hey Ryan, Brian is with our buddy Jon (Caterham Super-7 guy) looking at a used Lotus Elise SC up at a dealer in Flushing. Could be fun :wink::cool:

Judi

Oh, Elise SC sounds fun, my buddy has a regular one and its really quick without FI!

Neal, I'll try to do the Ohio run if I feel my car is up for it. Is there any solid updated date on a new Fchat run?

Met one of your locals at Gingerman this past weekend "Sparkin3" in his 91 Black / Black. Weather was a bit cool, damp, and breezy in the morning but the track warmed up nicely in the afternoon.

Hey Paul, admire how often you track your NSX. See you are signed up for W Mich Honda Meet July 23rd (or so).
I've not had the pleasure of meeting "sparkin3" yet but as I recall he resides Canton Twp, MI?

Ryan, yea, needs bathing here, too - been since December! :redface:
The Cadi CTS-V ride sounds GOOD. Must be a hell of a car.
I don't know about the scheduling of the ferrari drive. Think they ought to just run down to Toledo CARS-N-Caffeine Sunday 8th 9am :tongue: That'd be a good 100 mile drive, and on fairly smooth roads (albeit freeway).

Dang T-Rack is fast. Got tapered lug nuts today. Freakin' weather.

Talked with Nick today (Nicholas421 on Prime). He may meet up with us at CJ's this Weds 5 PM. Said he had some interest in a virgin red 1991 NSX in Chicagoland.

Hey Paul, admire how often you track your NSX. See you are signed up for W Mich Honda Meet July 23rd (or so).
I've not had the pleasure of meeting "sparkin3" yet but as I recall he resides Canton Twp, MI?

Phill is my actual name but thats okay I am partially deaf and I would answer to almost anything in person. Yeah I guess I am addicted to this stuff. I sold my S and said I would not go down that path again. Told the wife I would not track this car but that is where it belongs so that is where I will take it :biggrin: I will be at WMHM and I am looking at a few other events. I need to add some other tracks to my diary.

Yup Steve is from Canton by way of Britian and where ever else he has been.

Last edited:
Love the RGR wheels. Had those on order for mine but after 6 months and no wheels, canceled and went with the Volks. Finally went with the RGR wheels for the P car. If you need assistance with the wheels, let me know. Also, if you decide to lower the car, let me know and I will assist.
Tim

Speaking of wheels, I took the Enkei's off the turbo to have the tires removed so I can powdercoat the wheels, and the guy at AutoLab (Plymouth) said we have another NSX owner in the area.
It's a 1994 in Black, so if you're reading this please do jump in and introduce yourself :biggrin:

Brian

I've also been hearing reports of one or two early Formula Reds being spotted somewhere around the Royal Oak/Ferndale area.... show yourselves! :smile:

Looks like Sunday might be decent for the Ohio run.....gonna try to make it I think....if I can boost myself out of bed. :wink:

Sunny 69 degrees w/a ten % chance of precip tomorrow :smile:

Think we've got Blodi, ExCFive, and me headed to Toledo CarsnCoffee at 8 am. Anyone else want to come out and play?

Brian I'll watch for that black '94 NSX.

Phill (Pruhnke) sorry I got your name wrong- should have known that. THX for info on sparkin.

DUFFER :tongue: :tongue:

Ha-ha dude you turned the BIG FIVE-OH today :biggrin:
I heard...... that was your best golf score for nine.

Congrats, you made it.

See you at Baker's soon.

Have fun guys, out here in SF. Saw beautiful 458 in SF.drool

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. Neal, when do the Sunday festivities @ Bakers start this year?

I've been speaking with a nice fellow in Toronto (Chris -- slightlyevil on Prime) who is having a heck of a time finding himself a nice NSX. Below is what Chris is looking for. If anyone is contemplating selling their NSX or knows of a nice one that fits Chris' needs below let me know or send Chris a PM directly. He has passed on a few cars already that I too would have passed on.

Either way, I'd definitely appreciate it if you could put the word out among your local chapter that I'm interested and motivated if the car is right. Here's what I"m looking for ideally:

1993-1999
Manual only
No turbo/supercharger
Prefer no heavy mods, but fine with suspension stuff
Documented service history (as good as possible)
Original paint
Prefer less than 50k miles, but absolutely no more than 60k miles.

I'm looking forward to being back on the road in the NSX soon and to seeing you all. By the way, someone blew by me yesterday (I was in my TL parked on side of 696 heading west about 1 mile before Orchard Lake Road -- waiting for part of a convoy I was with to catch up) in an NSX -- was moving pretty quick -- looked like Brooklands Green to me. Anyone here?

Best regards,
Jeff

Hello Tim out there in SF, CA! Hope Liz is with you and you are having a great time!

LJZ see:

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp

And I think I might as well head to Baker's here in a bit..... why not get the car show season started off right with two shows today? :biggrin:

I think between blodi and I we'll be puttin' up some Toledo CnC photos from this AM, including a certain red Aston Martin. We had quite the time enroute! :eek:

Back