• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Thread stale lately.
Liven it up? Or not.

Black 2002 newer (w/tan) leaving MI / Harrison Twp. this coming week enroute Silver Spring, MD. May be a chance to view it as it leaves when new owner (JMathews) drives it crosstown from NE Detroit 'burbs to visit UM campus in A2 either Thurs or Fri this week as he is outbound.

nicholas421 still real quiet about his red boost.

NSX Prime member "exCfive" moving to Tucson, AZ. He had 2003 LBBP w/blue with installed Tubi exhaust quad tips then moved it for 911 Turbo and now his present gem, a red Aston Martin. Damn, wish you well but miss your car taste already! :wink:

The wedding was fun. Glad I didn't miss anything after all.

Anyone going out the woodward for some early crusing this week at all? Think I am going to try to get out there tomorrow or wed.

We are going to go either Tues, Wed, and/or Thursday weather depending evening time, 7PM or so. I went last Friday night and it was a good exotic night, Gallardo Spyder, Murci, F430, 458, 360, 911 GT3, 911 Turbo and 1 NSX. :wink:

We might check out some Woodward cars on Friday, as we're going to hit the 7:15 showing of the new Senna movie at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak.

Brian

Tons of cars out last night, it was amazingly packed for Tues. Spotted a new GT3 RS, F430 and another 91-94 Formula Red NSX. Totally stock except for tint and some wheels. I've never seen it before.
Some pretty serious american muscle out though. Was smelling a lot of race fuel.

Tons of cars out last night, it was amazingly packed for Tues. Spotted a new GT3 RS, F430 and another 91-94 Formula Red NSX. Totally stock except for tint and some wheels. I've never seen it before.
Some pretty serious american muscle out though. Was smelling a lot of race fuel.

Red 91-94 NSX look like this?

DSC01114.jpg

On Thursday, 8-18-2011, Primer JMathew34 took delivery of a Michigan 2005 NSX black with onyx six speed. He was driving it home to MD, and was nice enough to swing by Suburban Acura at Farmington Hills, MI. Master Tech Mike M there gave final approval and a "turf permit" so it could proceed out of state. Mr. Mathew reported hitting the Ohio Turnpike and turning east, into the clutches of a Tunderstorm (Newfie pronunciation) and a hailstorm or three... and seeking shelter under more than one overpass.

At Suburban Acura:

DSC01152.jpg

Some new friends have joined in:

DSC01159.jpg

AND, the evil one put in an appearance (left foreground, sinister NSX in Cody livery but now well cared for by MI owners).

DSC01157.jpg

JMathew, many happy cool miles with your new 2005 NSX. It was GREAT to meet you! :biggrin:

I was down on woodward this afternoon checking out all the cars. Saw a few Ferrari's and Lambo's but no NSX's. I was hoping to see at least one. I wanted my friends to see one in person since that's all I have been talking about since this spring. I really hope I'll have one to cruise next year on Woodward.

Malibu --

Just my 2 cents -- not sure I'd risk an all aluminium bodied NSX on Woodward in cruise traffic. See post 1208 above -- mine is the Formula Red /94 with only 33,000 miles on it. It is not showcar condition but pretty pristine. I am sure I would shed a few tears if someone bumped into me or vice versa during the cruise. I know this can happen anywhere but the conditions on Woodward during the cruise seem to me increase the risk of an oops.

Hope to see you in an NSX at some of our events down the road.

Best,
Jeff

I went to Woodward almost every night of the week and filmed the cars, and I was BLOWN AWAY at the stuff I saw.

Lexus LFA, Fisker Karma, TWO Ferrari 330s, Lamborghini Countach, souped up NSX, just to name a few!

So grab a beverage, kick back, and enjoy the non-stop action!!:biggrin:

I still have more to come, so stay tuned!

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LqGmjTVYsR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dIOjmtFpYwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S2AWylfrewY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You may recognize this American Supercar from the Detroit Auto Show:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OxCHZPVURFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ryan, it was most cool to cross paths not once but TWICE on Friday!

You guys all really NEED to see the Senna documentary, it was outstanding and nobody wanted to leave the theatre after it ended.......
(the only NSX reference was a brief sighting as a Safety Car in a Japanese GP for a few seconds)

Patrick came over yesterday afternoon and drove the Red NSX once again under better conditions, I think he might just have seen the light :biggrin:

Brian

Last edited:
Since we are getting close, who is going to XPO? It would be nice to start counting heads and making plans on a caravan.

Since we are getting close, who is going to XPO? It would be nice to start counting heads and making plans on a caravan.

Tim,

Great to hear from 'ya...I wish we could join you guys in Jersey for NSXPO!
So, how is the construction going on the new digs?
We need to have a NSX meet to check out the next garage space at the bare minimum :biggrin:

Brian (& Judi ;-)

Still in limbo. Awaiting for final appraisal before we can even get started. :mad:

Ryan, it was most cool to cross paths not once but TWICE on Friday!

You guys all really NEED to see the Senna documentary, it was outstanding and nobody wanted to leave the theatre after it ended.......
(the only NSX reference was a brief sighting as a Safety Car in a Japanese GP for a few seconds)

Patrick came over yesterday afternoon and drove the Red NSX once again under better conditions, I think he might just have seen the light :biggrin:

Brian

Hopefully gonna hit the Senna film this week if not this weekend. It was just too hard getting the group to go Friday. Like trying to herd cats. It was great surprise to run into you guys though!

Malibu --

Just my 2 cents -- not sure I'd risk an all aluminium bodied NSX on Woodward in cruise traffic. See post 1208 above -- mine is the Formula Red /94 with only 33,000 miles on it. It is not showcar condition but pretty pristine. I am sure I would shed a few tears if someone bumped into me or vice versa during the cruise. I know this can happen anywhere but the conditions on Woodward during the cruise seem to me increase the risk of an oops.

Hope to see you in an NSX at some of our events down the road.

Best,
Jeff
I agree about the chance of an accident. The last couple of years I've been down there I have seen NSX's, but they were parked. I was just hoping to point one out to my buddies.
I hope to pick up a car next spring. I've been saving my pennies :smile:

I agree about the chance of an accident. The last couple of years I've been down there I have seen NSX's, but they were parked. I was just hoping to point one out to my buddies.
I hope to pick up a car next spring. I've been saving my pennies :smile:

The NSX guys/gals here in MI are top notch and will offer you any assistance (presumably this excludes "financial assistance") they can insofar as your search is concerned. Best of luck! Best way to see a bunch of NSXs is to connect with some of us when we have a get-together (alum04 - Neal) has put on a few which have been very well done and fun.

Jeff

Thanks for nice compliment, Jeff.

Couple of items to cover -

@ Blodi - that red NSX (photo above) you saw is owned by Kevin, an original owner of that 1993, resides Detroit, met him at the Telegraph Road Cruise about a month ago, tried to persuade him to sign onto Prime, his five speed red/black had 40 K miles, and he expressed an interest in locating/purchasing another NSX! I did obtain his cell #.

@ Jorligan - No go this year on NSXPO for us, sorry, darn it. :frown:

@ all - Had a couple of inquiries about any plan for a Sept. MICHIGAN NSX get together. Think maybe it would be ideal to do this every other year. I still hold out hope that NSX Driver Magazine (NSXCA publication) will run the story submitted on last September's meet...

That said, I think we should do a drive this fall and I have a route percolating in my cranium - begin near Ann Arbor and end up same (open to other thoughts). Prospective dates:

Sat 3rd Sept or Sun 4th Sept? (Labor Day weekend - everyone's UP North, all road destruction halts for wkend)
Sat 24th Sept of Sun 25th Sept? (NSXPO weekend)

Other than above, next Toledo CarsNCoffee is Sunday Sept. 11th 9a-11a, Patriot Day. :smile:

The NSX guys/gals here in MI are top notch and will offer you any assistance (presumably this excludes "financial assistance") they can insofar as your search is concerned. Best of luck! Best way to see a bunch of NSXs is to connect with some of us when we have a get-together (alum04 - Neal) has put on a few which have been very well done and fun.

Jeff
Jeff,
I agree everyone I have meet so far is really nice and very helpful. Neal and Ryan have both helped when I was more seriously looking for cars last spring. I have since slowed my search, but still check on an almost daily basis for cars for sale. Ryan even took me for a ride and let me drive his car (thanks Ryan!).

I really do hope to join the ranks of NSX owners soon!
Tim

Other than above, next Toledo CarsNCoffee is Sunday Sept. 11th 9a-11a, Patriot Day. :smile: I will try to get to this one. Can't say for certain though.

Neal, my vote is for 24 Sept (Sat). I'm in for cars/coffee on 11th. Out of town starting this Saturday through Labor Day.

Best,
Jeff

Haven't driven the NSX much since I got it. I'm still on my first tank of gas. I'm definitely up for a drive.
I received the window fix-it-thingies this morning and installed them. It's amazing how quickly it can be done the second time around... both sides in about 30 minutes.

Anyone have an early model SRS brain they want to sell me?

OK, let's hope for good weather on the 11th....if so we're in for taking the purple boostmonster to the Toledo C&C.

Nick, maybe you could come over and help me install the window thingies on our Red car ??? (there could be beer involved ;^)

Brian

Back