• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I came across this rare gem that was seen at the MGM Grand show. I couldn't believe my eyes (and ears!!)

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IbBbH3BigAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great shot of Judi there! That's going to be your new car. :)

And I agree, I was surprised at how many people were there. It seemed to clear out in mid afternoon, which was strange.

Chris

The NAIAS was more crowded than we've ever seen during the Industry Preview nights, but we still got around pretty well :cool:

IMG_1514 by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Brian

And what is your opinion in real life. It looks good in pictures but I thought that the R8 wasn't so good in pictures, looks very good in real life. On the other hand, the GTR looks big in pictures and huge in real life.

And what is your opinion in real life. It looks good in pictures but I thought that the R8 wasn't so good in pictures, looks very good in real life. On the other hand, the GTR looks big in pictures and huge in real life.
Tim,

Honestly, the NSX Concept looked quite good in real life.....very nice proportions and superb flying buttresses in the C-pillar area.
The 'signature' Acura beak notwithstanding, the concept looks rather promising.

Would I aspire to a "hybrid" unless it burns only gasoline and rubber, I think not ;-(

Brian

Tim,

Honestly, the NSX Concept looked quite good in real life.....very nice proportions and superb flying buttresses in the C-pillar area.
The 'signature' Acura beak notwithstanding, the concept looks rather promising.

Would I aspire to a "hybrid" unless it burns only gasoline and rubber, I think not ;-(

Brian

The beak is bothersome.

It looks great in person. Much smaller/lower than it looks in pictures.
There are some fussy styling details that hopefully will be refined/simplified by the time it hits production, but its a great place to start from. I still would like to see a black roof and integrated spoiler for a bit more homage.

OK, I got the console back from Chris Wood today.......and it looks great.
It'll be another nice custom piece in an already highly modified NSX :cool:
It's everything I wanted, like a Type R console (no radio, working ashtray door and 12V socket, and Temp Sensor holes cut) but in LHD.

Brian

CF Console Wrap COMPLETE by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Damn Brian, that looks great! It'll really clean up the interior of the beast!

Gonna start slowly collecting the parts I need for this years projects on my car.
Looks like my car might even make a trip up north for a few things. :smile:

Thanks Ryan, I think it might now finally be ready to install.....

The 'Senna signature' decal is larger than the one I used to have on the radio-delete cover, so I had to angle it to fit.
What do all you think of that look?

Brian

Senna Sticker (cropped) by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Last edited:
It looks great in person. Much smaller/lower than it looks in pictures.....

Totally agree. The car is very small, seems much shorter than our cars. The spouse and I got one of those promo photos in front of the car, and got the little NSX credit card with the code number to download our photo.

Brian, the CF work looks great! Can't wait to see the final install!

Went out to start my NSX today and nope. The days of starting the car every 3 months over the winter and still expect a live battery (like with the RX-7) are over.

Any recommendations for a trickle charger?

Totally agree. The car is very small, seems much shorter than our cars. The spouse and I got one of those promo photos in front of the car, and got the little NSX credit card with the code number to download our photo.

Brian, the CF work looks great! Can't wait to see the final install!

Went out to start my NSX today and nope. The days of starting the car every 3 months over the winter and still expect a live battery (like with the RX-7) are over.

Any recommendations for a trickle charger?
Thanks, the reworked console should be a nice upgrade.

We have two Schumacher SC-600A Speedchargers, at 6A total (and 2A trickle) as a bonus are fully compatible with the gel-cell type batteries we have in the red NSX and S2000. If you overcharge a sealed battery (something over 15V) it vents and is never the same, so that's an important consideration for those 2 cars we have powered with Odyssey 680MT's.

You can find them on Amazon.com for $30 each with free shipping, if you keep an eye out for them.

Hope that helps,
Brian

Thanks, the reworked console should be a nice upgrade.

We have two Schumacher SC-600A Speedchargers, at 6A total (and 2A trickle) as a bonus are fully compatible with the gel-cell type batteries we have in the red NSX and S2000. If you overcharge a sealed battery (something over 15V) it vents and is never the same, so that's an important consideration for those 2 cars we have powered with Odyssey 680MT's.

You can find them on Amazon.com for $30 each with free shipping, if you keep an eye out for them.

Hope that helps,
Brian

Thx Brian! A buddy offered up a battery tender, so that will help keep things stable, but it looks like I have to pill the battery and charge it. Where's the battery on this car again? :)

Ran the tender for two hours last night and the car started right up... And have been enjoying our early spring today! Never imagined driving the nsx to a super bowl party!

Kind of jealous that you guys got to get your cars out!

Ryan, it's good to know that Britcar made it home OK (no 'markings' on the driveway, either :biggrin:)

Brian

Kind of jealous that you guys got to get your cars out!

Ryan, it's good to know that Britcar made it home OK (no 'markings' on the driveway, either :biggrin:)

Brian

No markings from the Britcar because the engine is German. :biggrin:

Thanks again for having us out! Really wish I could have stayed longer, but I'm down for a "Part 2".

Sorry I missed out guys -- too many people reaching out to me at work! Go figure, the year that I store the car at a buddy's place is the year that we have almost no snow. Looking forward to seeing you all this spring.
Best,
Jeff

Hey guys and gals totally off topic but......... in May 2006 at an NSXCA Mid-West Spring-Fling event coordinated by the Honorable Mr. Ken Sax of Chicago, IL, a nice fellow by the name of Steve attended. He had a beauty 2005 LBBP NSX (leased, as I recall). He declined to track it at the Gingerman Raceway open track day that Monday, but brought his LBBP and his delightful spouse out to observe the day's events + we had great weather. It was my first ever NSXCA exposure and on top of that a track event so of course I remember it like yesterday...

Well Steve moved out of his lease, onwards and upwards. His leased 2005 LBBP NSX went on to fame, but that's fodder for another lengthy thread on another ne'erending winter night. Steve moved from Chi-Town out to the Plains. He went F430.

He's looking to again graduate up the ladder and I saw this posting:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355340

Steve if you see this MORE power to you!

Back