• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Well...the drive didn't go as planned :frown: ......

IMG_20120422_164441 by blodi, on Flickr

Had a set screw from one of the new supercharger couplers back out and get wedged under the blower drive shaft housing....and stalled the engine.
Have to order a new spyder gear which melted from the heat of the friction and try to clean up the coupler and housing. Made a decent mess. Hats off to the tow guys for really being careful with the car....it required them to bring a 2nd truck that had air suspension and could get lower to get the car on.

Well...the drive didn't go as planned :frown: ......

IMG_20120422_164441 by blodi, on Flickr

Had a set screw from one of the new supercharger couplers back out and get wedged under the blower drive shaft housing....and stalled the engine.
Have to order a new spyder gear which melted from the heat of the friction and try to clean up the coupler and housing. Made a decent mess. Hats off to the tow guys for really being careful with the car....it required them to bring a 2nd truck that had air suspension and could get lower to get the car on.

EVERY NSX owners worst nightmare. The flatbed. Actually, could be worse, the "regular wrecker." Ah crap, sorry for you on all this. Trust you will carry on... :redface:

Last edited:
Well the guys were really nice and very careful inching it up and off the truck. Made a stressful situation a little better.

Just ordered my new spider gear and I'll start cleaning up my coupler tonight. Should have her back on the road by this weekend. Gonna throw some thread lock on those set screws though this time around. :wink:

Yikes!

I'm happy to say the only time one of our NSX's have been on a tilt bed was after I lost the bloody keys :eek:

Brian

She's back alive! Made sure I thread locked the bejesus out of the set screws this time around. :wink:

Drove it in to work this morning. But as my luck has been going, I hit a random piece of metal on an interchange ramp (no way to avoid it). Put a little chip and crack into my Shine lip. But nothing a little filler and paint can't fix.

Trailer looks great. Nice seeing you at Baker's. Hopefully, when your car comes home, my car goes north. Cody, if you are reading this, I need it by June for the Midwest NSX Dinner in Chicago:biggrin:

Well we finally got our lifts after waiting for three months for them, so we just doubled our workload capacity. Its going to be a rush Tim, but it's possible. We are all hands on-deck getting the racecar prepped for the same date; except we need to test it ahead of time.

Shad spoke with me last week and said the motor would be leaving shortly. We will talk soon.

Didnt return from Duffer's until 4:30AM. Back at it by 8:30AM. The life of a business owner with too much food on his plate...

541214_382619765116686_100001059970923_1095723_254088933_n.jpg

Holy hell, I just got on this thread! I'm sorry about the flatbed, but it sounds like it could have been worse. I'm curious to find out the dyno results!

I will be heading to Baker's today, so I hope to see some of you out there!

Chris

That's great Ryan, have you been doing your special leg exercises in preparation? :biggrin:

Brian

Oh so tempting!!!!

Cody dropped the car off. Amazing work with the tune and first class service. Car idles so nice, drives so smooth and pulls like a @$&!@&@ up top! Yeah, the clutch will take a little time to get used to, but holds the power great. I think I detect a bit of wheel spin at the top of 2nd :eek: New tires are next.

Just saw a black NSX at about 9:15 today on Dixie Hwy about 1/2 mile south of Davisburg Rd headed south bound. I couldn't tell which vintage it was because it was getting dark and by the time I realized what it was it was almost past me. The head lights might have been a projector style, because they didn't look like a normal halogen casing.
Anyway, it was the first time I saw one near my house. Always cool to see one.

Anyway, those of you that know me, I'm still looking for an NSX (even emailed on a couple earlier this year), but I just found out that I am going to be moving to Germany in August so that puts the search on hold. I'll only be there for about 11 months, but I'm hoping to save up some money while there and am able to pick up a car when I get back.

Last edited:
Just saw a black NSX on Dixie Hwy about 1/2 mile south of Davisburg Rd headed south bound. I couldn't tell which vintage it was because it was getting dark and by the time I realized what it was it was almost past me. The head lights might have been a projector style, because they didn't look like a normal halogen casing.
Anyway, it was the first time I saw one near my house. Always cool to see one.

Anyway, those of you that know me, I'm still looking for an NSX (even emailed on a couple earlier this year), but I just found out that I am going to be moving to Germany in August so that puts the search on hold. I'll only be there for about 11 months, but I'm hoping to save up some money while there and am able to pick up a car when I get back.

I wonder if it was Dan's (Michigan NSX on Prime) car, we've been looking for an update from him since he sent it off for a major refurbishment?
Here's a link to that thread just in case;
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157367

Brian

Well, as of 9:15 am, I no longer have racing slicks on my car. It is very strange to see actual TREAD on the rear tires!

Dunlop DZ 101, and yes, went wider at 275/35x18. Just $403 installed and out the door. Thx for the tips guys!

Good deal Patrick. It was great seeing you at C&C, missed seeing you at Bakers, however we did see the car!
Judi

Yep, had to run... Unplanned emergency with mom. All is well though....

pjr300 Patrick glad you are with new treads. Now go burn them off for ~500 miles to prepare for drives. :biggrin:

Back