• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

funny you say that, this is the wall paper on one of my PC.
NSXTIM.jpg

Saturday night final briefing for run to Toledo Cars-n-Coffee meet Sunday 6/10.

GREEN flag for this.

Weather cooperating at forecasted sunny, hot, humid, w/little windage.

If any of you drivers have FRS radio bring them. We'll try it on Freq. 12/24. Or not...

Premium fuel fill-up in place.

Water, sunscreen, camera, get-outta-jail-free card, etc.

See you 8 am at US23/Plymouth Road Park-N-Ride. There are at least two drivers who will depart Toledo CnC early for home due to family commitments.

Cell # 734-sevenoneeight-7463.

Nick do still have that Rosetta stone to decifer this post? LOL. :confused:

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted on Prime. Many of you may remember me from an NSX drive or two and various get togethers locally - I used to drive a Stage 2 MB C32 AMG and also a 6-speed (E46 M3) BMW E30 I built. I live just a mile or two down the road from ekin95 & his dad.

This YouTube video is mine from the time Cody came down and we all went to Hell:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSLfVGalXDI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSLfVGalXDI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anyway, as a long long long time NSX fan, I've decided to start getting serious about acquiring a keeper. However, I need a bit more experience in one before I decide what I have to have in an NSX. So, Father's Day is coming up and I get to choose what I'd like to do with much of it (isn't my wife wonderful?). Would any of you kind gents be willing to hook up with me next Sunday the 17th and talk NSXs, go for a short drive, and *fingers crossed* possibly even let me convince you to be passenger briefly? My only criteria is that the vehicle has to have a manual transmission (sorry ekin95!). Old, new, stock, CTSC, Lovefab, mild or wild - don't care and love 'em all. I'm very experienced with performance cars, non-sketchy, in my 40's and I know the NSX.

Anyone going to be near the NW suburbs then?

Thanks in advance!

Shane

Welcome back, Shane.
I recommend that you NOT drive a boosted NSX first, it'll surely infect your brain :wink:

Brian

Toledo, OH, C-n-C June 10th Sunday.

@ Meet spot US 23 at Plymouth Road Ann Arbor Park-n-Ride:

DSC01415.jpg

@ Same location:

DSC01416.jpg

US 23 southbound, location unknown, at 70 mph speed limit:

DSC01419.jpg

At T-town gathering:

DSC01426.jpg

Beauty:

DSC01428.jpg

^^^ Nice cars and turnout!

We had a great weekend at Waterford Hills, it was nice to be back on home turf after a loooooooong weekend on Belle Isle :biggrin:

I had some LoveFab decals made for the NSX intake cover, and installed that as well.
Nick and Ryan, if you guys would like one I had extras made.....

Brian

LoveFab Intake Cover Decal by NSXbrian, on Flickr

LoveFab Intake Cover by NSXbrian, on Flickr

^^^ Nice cars and turnout!

We had a great weekend at Waterford Hills, it was nice to be back on home turf after a loooooooong weekend on Belle Isle :biggrin:

Thanks. Missed you!
And I dunno how you do it - those three days at Belle Isle from ~ 6A til 9P would be killer.
See you tomorrow at CJ's, and we may have a special guest there.

Welcome back, Shane.
I recommend that you NOT drive a boosted NSX first, it'll surely infect your brain :wink:

Brian

Thanks! Thing is, I see a pretty severe lack of traction issue in every boosted NSX for some reason :wink:

Thanks! Thing is, I see a pretty severe lack of traction issue in every boosted NSX for some reason :wink:
Actually, considering what the chassis was designed to handle I think it's shocking just how well it handles a doubling (or more) in power.
All we get in the purple beast is a little 'routine' wheelspin at the top of second gear @ 600whp.
That's impressive, Honda!

Brian

Here is the cruise from Sunday, hold your breath!!!

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Kz00CuDL10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NICELY done, Chris. Man I cannot believe how good those LP560 front calipers look in motion. And the parting shot as you exited the hwy was excellent.

Amazing how much fun it is w/the reasonable 70 mph speed limit :wink:

Right now my summer is swamped (another summer spent inside :mad: ). But I am shooting to get outside of Lansing and meet up with people around early/mid August.

Nick

What time at CJ's tonight. By the way, does anyone know who bought the NSX for $2300 here in MI:eek:, that's right, $2300.

Tim, no way...........you (and Liz) might join us?

We'll be there by 5pm easily, we generally sit at the longer tables near the back left.

See you soon!
Brian

So, anything going on this Sunday afternoon?

Back