• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Think maybe we spotted that pjr300 new-to-Michigan red NSX today (Sunday) 1250 PM southbound Novi Road just north of Eight Mile. Looked good!

Think maybe we spotted that pjr300 new-to-Michigan red NSX today (Sunday) 1250 PM southbound Novi Road just north of Eight Mile. Looked good!

Busted! You caught me Neal.... thought I'd take it to church and get it blessed this morning.... and shake up things a little in the parking lot.

The car arrived Friday night, a day EARLIER than expected (after I switched transport companies, of course). The driver took great care with the vehicle and made it from Denver in about 29 hours. The car got a lot of attention on his transport as he traveled cross country; in fact, strangers were stopping by as he unloaded the car in front of my house.

Still getting my feel for the car; wow the handling is superb! Brian, I have not made any visits to VTEC land yet.

A few observations:

• Has anyone noticed that these cars are really low? :biggrin: My wife had her first ride today; she's pretty slender and athletic, but that first exit was a surprise!
  • At some point I'll have to learn more about the audio electronics. I am fine with the Bose stereo, but it would be nice to hear music sourced from my iPhone 3 for long trips.
  • I hear more engine noise than expected. Could be the style of carbon fibre cover that's on the car.... not to mention that we're practicially sitting on the engine. :wink:
  • Still not sure if I like these Pro Drive wheels. Then of course, some guy in an Audi stopped and asked me about the wheels because he thought they looked great. I guess it's an eye of the beholder item. I'm more of a mesh-style, silver-finish fan. But they may grow on me..

The sun came out for a few seconds late this afternoon, so I pulled out the tablet and grabbed a few pics. Lousy weekend, given the rain, Tigers, Lions, and Wolverines, so the NSX brightened things up quite a bit!

left.jpg

seats.jpg

leftrear.jpg

engine.jpg

Last edited:
Fine example, congrats!!!

I really like the wheels, and I bet they will grow on you too :biggrin:
The CF engine cover does let more sound out than a stock carpeted version.
If you really want to enjoy the engine an aftermarket muffler will really help!

OK, this is too cryptic for me so please finish the thought "Still getting my feel for the car; wow the handling is superb! Brian, I have not made any visits to "

For egress, try placing your hand on the sill and push up as you exit....it's even more fun if the car is lowered :wink:

When will we get to see this beauty, maybe the FoC drive next Sunday AM?
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340182

Brian

Last edited:
..... OK, this is too cryptic for me so please finish the thought "Still getting my feel for the car; wow the handling is superb! Brian, I have not made any visits to "

LOL oops, got interrupted by the phone and never finished that thought. "I have not made any visits to VTEC land yet." Almost got there on a short highway sprint.

pjr welcome to the club! Your car looks great and I like the wheels. I have a /94 same color as yours. Didn't take Brian long to recommend the aftermarket muffler -- LOL (bit of a private joke between Brian and me)! And Brian, I think you were right -- I'm on the hunt for something a bit louder for next year. As for the engine cover I spent a few weeks driving around without mine and didn't notice a big difference between noise level with cover on and cover off -- maybe a bit more but not a lot. Enjoy the car and looking forward to meeting you. I am free next Sunday a.m. so maybe we can get some critical NSX mass together and do the FoC drive.

Best,
Jeff

LOL I swear to God people have been hounding me for the last two weeks! Every time I go somewhere I come back and people are taking pics. They're even leaving notes on the car telling how nice it is lol

Some kid almost killed himself and others driving while trying to take pics a few days ago ... it's nuts! Some guy and his wife got into argument after they followed my into a parking lot over it being a Honda or an Acura. I had to walk away. You guys getting all this too?

Hit me up when you want to do something about the sound system. Would love to join you guys for the FOC but unfortunately, in DC until Sunday afternoon. Have fun.

LOL I swear to God people have been hounding me for the last two weeks! Every time I go somewhere I come back and people are taking pics. They're even leaving notes on the car telling how nice it is lol

Some kid almost killed himself and others driving while trying to take pics a few days ago ... it's nuts! Some guy and his wife got into argument after they followed my into a parking lot over it being a Honda or an Acura. I had to walk away. You guys getting all this too?

You know both the blue cars have been getting attention for years it is just worse considering they have H badges, but that makes it more fun watching people either break their necks looking or arguing whether it is a Honda or Acura. When we were coming back from that photoshoot you should have seen the people looking and BTW did you know I have not heard a word from the photographer, not one fricken word. WTH?

PS.......Perry change you avatar already.......

Welcome aboard officially Patrick! Great looking car, I like the wheels too!

Minor point....your "DOHC VTEC" engine plate is on backwards. But hey, you can read it better than way when looking out the back, right?

I am in for the FOC drive this weekend guys, should be fun!

I am 100% planning on attending assuming that Mr. Murphy does not intervene with alternatives! :biggrin:

Well duh, gonna join us for some quality time under the boost curve?

;-P

Brian

No, I was behind him, and Jim, today. And Nick421 was boostin' over the curve just fine. Great morning drive all you, and thanks for that. :smile:

Great crowd! Six NSX, a Ford GT-40 continuation car, 2 Testarossas, a Mondial, a 355, a 328, and a pair of newer Ferraris that I can't recall the model (maybe 430?), along with a sweet Infiniti G coupe and a WRX. Thanks for the invite!

A few pics, taken on my Samsung tablet. As I know, 8 MB does not mean great pics. Should have brought the Nikon.

manycarstostarttheday.jpg

Mondialandothers.jpg

355andfourNSX.jpg

355-and-three-NSX-back.jpg

3redNSXandGcoupe.jpg

GT40.jpg

Pearl-Ferrari.jpg

PitStop.jpg

PitStopcont.jpg

Hillshot.jpg

Had a lot of fun yesterday. Hadn't driven the car in a couple weeks so it felt great to get it out, but sad knowing its one of the last few times it will probably be out this year. Maybe the good weather will pop back up before the white crap gets here?

Those pictures are great! It is not easy to get good photos when it's very sunny and the light is reflecting. They came out very clear!

It was great hanging out with some great people once again! It was an awesome day for sure!

Here is the video from the day:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pysaTrQgPvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pjr welcome to the club! Your car looks great and I like the wheels. I have a /94 same color as yours. ....As for the engine cover I spent a few weeks driving around without mine and didn't notice a big difference between noise level with cover on and cover off -- maybe a bit more but not a lot. ...

Best,
Jeff

Hey Jeff, I just realized that the PO installed active air intakes, so that's probably why it is a lot louder than stock under throttle.

Those pictures are great! It is not easy to get good photos when it's very sunny and the light is reflecting. They came out very clear!

Here is the video from the day....

I got lucky! Really, it was from a tablet (with just a little cropping and sharpen in Photoshop Elements). and wow the video was GREAT! It was like reliving the ride!

Hey Jeff, I just realized that the PO installed active air intakes, so that's probably why it is a lot louder than stock under throttle.

Patrick -- and here I thought that maybe I was just getting old and losing my hearing! When you say active air intakes what exactly is this -- suspect its something other than the aftermarket air intake scoop that's in the left rear fender, yes? Good meeting you last weekend and hope to see you again soon. And about those wheels........before you accept Nick's bid I want a chance at those!

Best,
Jeff

Hi Jeff... my post was a bit vague. it's a Cantrell Concepts "Air Induction System" that's installed on the car. I did a search on Prime and found a link to an old thread here. It retains the OEM box; the purpose is to channel all moving air from the quarter panel vent into the air box. It's good for an extra 5 hp from what I've read. Who-hoo!

Tues 11 P news <

Whoa! :smile: 67 and sunny tomorrow?

F, R, and R intel meeting 5 PM Weds Compuware Arena / CJ's at Plymouth.

Drive it. Be there.

Back