• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Chris, welcome! Very nice and rare color combo!
Brian, Looks like you guys had fun last weekend! I am digging the 308! I would love to add a GTB to my stable in the next few years.
Who else is taking advantage of this indian summer we are getting?!
Game over, the cold (and yes, snow) came early so sadly we put the toys away.
We'll do some upgrades over the Winter, so when the warm weather returns we'll be ready for more fun :wink:

Brian

Attachments

• NSX & S2000 stored 11-08.jpg
    NSX & S2000 stored 11-08.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 65
Game over, the cold (and yes, snow) came early so sadly we put the toys away.
We'll do some upgrades over the Winter, so when the warm weather returns we'll be ready for more fun :wink:

Brian

LOL One of my toys is my DD so the fun just turns to controlled slides and 360's:biggrin:

November21st2008Snow%20002small.JPG

November21st2008Snow%20003small.JPG

well, I guess we are done for the year....

15.5" in about three days, Ski Resorts are opening, the heat is on in the shop. Sigh...I guess winter is here already.

Guys hope you are all in the T-Giving spirit and looking forward to your Christmas! As I already blew radio silence Michigan a moment ago responding to the Chicago Police parking ticket thread, blather.
Won two tickets to Neil Young at Phallus of Auburn Hills on Pearl Harbor Day. Pretty neat!! THX River 93.9 :biggrin: :biggrin:
LBBP was out yesterday Thanksgiving Day. Pavement was dry and no traffic.
Enjoyed the photos Tinker and Nick!
Gas bumped up almost 20 cents today. Pirates somewhere else? :tongue:
That 2003 silverstone 6 speed now on E-Bay in Sylvania, OH ( 55 miles away ) wants me to just view..... love how the add states "GM" car. Could it be that GM did take that NSX apart as a comparo? If I saw right, it had a silver interior? (I like better!)

Stopped in at Dave White Acura, Sylvania, OH, Saturday at 1130 am to see their E-Bay advertised 2003 Silverstone at mileage 28,239.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:7|39:1|240:1318
It has Onyx interior, well worn.
I spent less than 15 minutes there due to time constraints. However, I was disapointed. This 2003 needs some serious TLC.... Salesman explained it was driven by a GM executive. It certainly shows. If any Primers are considering this, PM me for more info.

Cheated on Mother Nature's in-betweens last evening and again today before it began to snow. Got some 55 miles in the LBBP, and warmed her up! :smile: Five more days until the days begin getting longer.
New cupholder by ONEADAM12 (Dave) in CA fits nicely.
And today, after a lengthy wait, from Stockholm, Sweden (complete with Kroner stamps on the pouch!) I finally received DVD "Getaway in Stockholm 3" :biggrin:

I did the same today.:biggrin: Put 20-25 miles on. First miles in over a month. Took every bit of the battery's power to crank it over before she fired. Man that aluminum shift knob was cold! Tires had a hard time getting much grip...which made it fun with the combination of the downforce scoop sucking in 27 degree air for a nice bump in power. :biggrin:
That will probably be it until 2009 most likely. :frown: But that's what makes it that much more special.

Just to keep this thread on life support, I'll report that I have the SSR GT1's off the NSX and ready to be powdercoated.
Haven't nailed the exact hue down yet, but it'll be something in the satin black range.
We're also doing a set of our stock S2000 wheels to match, at the same time.

Stay warm!
Brian

Sounds like a nice winter project.

Just to keep this thread on life support, I'll report that I have the SSR GT1's off the NSX and ready to be powdercoated.
Haven't nailed the exact hue down yet, but it'll be something in the satin black range.
We're also doing a set of our stock S2000 wheels to match, at the same time.

Stay warm!
Brian

Thats gonna look hot with the black top! Dark wheels and tops is the way to roll!:biggrin:

Thanks Perry & Ryan, I'll post pix once done......if for no other reason then to keep this thread going :tongue:

I finally bought another digital camera and took some outside pictures. I really love this car. I haven't even driven it but a few times and I can't ever see getting rid of it. The rims have even grown on me, but those I could change. :wink:

I'm working on getting it covered as an exotic through Hagerty insurance, where my wife has started working as an agent. I will try hard to 'convince' her. How are yours insured?

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

Just with all my other cars through USAA.

Looking good bro! I think I might have to let you use my white NSX-R replicas because I'm so not feeling those ..LOL

Just with all my other cars through USAA.

Looking good bro! I think I might have to let you use my white NSX-R replicas because I'm so not feeling those ..LOL

When should I pick them up? :wink:

I can't wait to drive it down for something this spring, it would be fun to throw them on and "experience" the look.

When should I pick them up? :wink:

I can't wait to drive it down for something this spring, it would be fun to throw them on and "experience" the look.

No problem when you come down in the spring we'll put them on.

I finally bought another digital camera and took some outside pictures. I really love this car. I haven't even driven it but a few times and I can't ever see getting rid of it. The rims have even grown on me, but those I could change. :wink:
Nice photos Chris!

Brian
(still have the boosted Miata?)

Nice photos Chris!

Brian
(still have the boosted Miata?)

Thanks, and yes, the miata is still on race duty. At least until the nsx is lovefab turboed and I can afford to replace it! (if I wrecked it...)

Looks good in the snow! But I would take Perry up on his offer. :biggrin:
Mine is insured through American Hobbyist, now American Collector. Dirt cheap. Hagerty wouldn't cover me with my driving record from the past....:redface:...

Come on guys the rims are not that bad. I kinda dig'em but you know, I'm all about the bling. LOL Not sure w/ white rims on a grenn NSX but it would be diff. Can't wait to see it in the Spring. Now go put that baby back in the barn before a snow flake gets to it. :biggrin::wink:

Come on guys the rims are not that bad. I kinda dig'em but you know, I'm all about the bling. LOL Not sure w/ white rims on a grenn NSX but it would be diff. Can't wait to see it in the Spring. Now go put that baby back in the barn before a snow flake gets to it. :biggrin::wink:

Yea, actually I have to kinda agree..they aren't that bad, in fact, they are growing on me....I think they are just so big they are a bit overwhelming at first. Maybe paint the centers gunmetal or black with the polished lips? Could look pretty sweet. But I'm a sucker for dark rims.

Last edited:

LOL Tim is looking at all that lip!

who wants to meet up for drinks either Fri or Sat night?

Sure Nick, where at?

Better yet everyone can come over to our place and shoot pool and whomever wants to drink have at it. You know we got that Old No. 7 among others. Perry I got you and myself covered w/ that Code Red! :biggrin:

Back