• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Blodi started this thread. Thought I should "refresh it", since it went NSFW.

Winter is wearing on you, too? More snow tonight. Oh, joy.
Bought a set of '05 wheels (2K take-off?) from a fellow Primer. Arrived today packed up real snug, and look good. Ctr caps, stems, no lug nuts, but clean for $1500 + ship.
Looking at ALMS at Mid-Ohio 7-18 thru 20, and NSXPO Portland for Sept.
You?

How about NSX Est Fest 5/16. Anyone going?

Haven't had the car out in a while, its just been being used to test versions of lens covers right now...can't wait to get those done. I think I'll have to give it its monthly start up this weekend and annoy the neighbors.

Cody,
Hopefully you can make it. I am hoping to be there but it all depends on some other vacation plans. If I am there, I should have my NSX as well. Like the 2002 conversion with the Cantrell bumper. I am thinking of something similar but also considering trying the Cantrell front end to my flip up headlights with modifications. I already have a Taitec NSX-R hood. PM me about where you got the body work completed and whether you are happy with their work.
Tim

Got Imola out today for three laps. 27 miles, dry laps, made sure I did not get 25 MPG. :smile:
Continue to look at EstFest. Long way from the Motor City, though. Jorligan, you have a line on a 40' enclosed trailer?

You think the weather will be okay for that event Neil? I was thinking about going ,but hadn't reserved as March is really iffy Michigan/Canada around that time.

Sorry just saw that it's May 16. I'll probably try to go. Any track events planned.

Blodi started this thread. Thought I should "refresh it", since it went NSFW.

Winter is wearing on you, too? More snow tonight. Oh, joy.
Bought a set of '05 wheels (2K take-off?) from a fellow Primer. Arrived today packed up real snug, and look good. Ctr caps, stems, no lug nuts, but clean for $1500 + ship.
Looking at ALMS at Mid-Ohio 7-18 thru 20, and NSXPO Portland for Sept.
You?

Sorry about that guys I fixed it.

I was thinking it would be cool to try to do a local track day sometime this summer. I have yet to track my car and have wanted to do so, so maybe at some point this summer we can all go to Waterford or wherever and run together.
What do you guys think?

I was thinking it would be cool to try to do a local track day sometime this summer. I have yet to track my car and have wanted to do so, so maybe at some point this summer we can all go to Waterford or wherever and run together.
What do you guys think?

+100 Yes! The Ferrari guys did it here's a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svx6Qz-tsxg

Awesome video...too bad that LBBP NSX ruined all the nice shots of the F cars.:tongue:
Yea, I am for sure up to do something like this. I did a few SCCA events like 8-9 years ago in my old prelude....its been too long. Once the weather warms up lets figure out a good weekend to plan on doing it.

Come on now Perry, no showing off! LOL! Just b/c you were whooping on the $1000G+ F-cars w/ the little old S2K! J/K:biggrin: Sounds like a fun thing to do though. I know Perry has atleast 2 track events inked in as it looks like I will be the on-board video-boy that day. :wink: :smile:

Come on now Perry, no showing off! LOL! Just b/c you were whooping on the $1000G+ F-cars w/ the little old S2K! J/K:biggrin: Sounds like a fun thing to do though. I know Perry has atleast 2 track events inked in as it looks like I will be the on-board video-boy that day. :wink: :smile:

You forgot to mention co-pilot as well:biggrin:

I can't wait to go after that F430 with the my new NSX and S2K mods. Be warned the Ferrari guys are good drivers. Maybe we can see if they want to do shared day to cut down on costs.

Perry it is nice to see that LBBP in action. Apprehension is mounting over here on the "Bad Side" of town.
Oh yes, to visit Gingerman again... was nice to enjoy the clip (my first track day, ever, was at NSXCA Spring Fling 5-22-2006). Sounds as if you and Ekin have a plan this summer and I know you guys will post some good clips, too.
I'm on board for this effort.
I've never been to Waterford Hills. It looks tight, several places around the track have only modest run-off room, but fun.

LOL I found some vid some guy took at WMHM meet at 07 I didn't know he caught me driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGiMvAosy4

Hey, the videographer is Josh, my webmaster. I wish he would've captured your lawn mowing event ;) I'm sure I'll be off into the weeds several times before I'm done with Gingerman this year.

Will you be attending the two-day WMHM8 event this year Perry? I'm about to be announced as a Sponsor, so you can bet your ass I'll be there.

Yeah Ekin95 is my "shotgun" partner:biggrin:

Waterford is a tight technical track and since they resurfaced it it's now a blast to drive. Waterford is actually where I got into tracking. Straight away is pretty short and it's mostly curves. There are two elevation changes ,but nothing major. Once you learn the the line it's a lot of fun.

If we do an event there even guys who don't like the thought of tracking their car will have a good time. When can even cater lunch. Also during lunch time we can do what's called "Parade" laps for those want to do low ( 20 mph ) speed laps with any car just to get a feel for it.

As to the run off room no their isn't a lot of run off space and that track is not for the MACHO or stupid. Gingerman has a lot more run off room and is better for practicing your courage. Waterford is the type of track where you go faster because your concentrating.

Here's a pic
track9b.gif

If we rent the track we get classroom instruction in the morning before going out which is mandatory. They do a great job of explaining everything and even have instructors to ride with people on their first time out.

Come on guys it'll be fun and it's pretty close for everyone.

Hey, the videographer is Josh, my webmaster. I wish he would've captured your lawn mowing event ;) I'm sure I'll be off into the weeds several times before I'm done with Gingerman this year.

Will you be attending the two-day WMHM8 event this year Perry? I'm about to be announced as a Sponsor, so you can bet your ass I'll be there.

LOL Yeah that was funny. I was just telling Chris about what not to do and decided to let someone pass w/o thinking I'm still straightening up the back end.

That's the great thing about Gingerman to me as having so much room for weed/dust eating is fine to practice control ( or lack thereof ) techniques.

Yes I'd like to go ,but probably only for one day instead of the two day event they have planned.

How do your brakes hold up an Gingerman Perry? Either I am absolutely terrible with brakes, or all of my cars are overpowered :) I sheared through a set of Hawk pads with my Wilwood setup on my Civic a couple of years ago. The pistons welded right to the pad backing when they punched through the molten-hot backing plate. Just curious to see how NSX brakes wear at G-man, as I have yet to have mine out there yet. I'll find out soon enough!

And yes, Gingerman has plenty of run-off. I've blown straight through turn number one several times. Luckily the runoff is usually smooth...

How do your brakes hold up an Gingerman Perry? Either I am absolutely terrible with brakes, or all of my cars are overpowered :) I sheared through a set of Hawk pads with my Wilwood setup on my Civic a couple of years ago. The pistons welded right to the pad backing when they punched through the molten-hot backing plate. Just curious to see how NSX brakes wear at G-man, as I have yet to have mine out there yet. I'll find out soon enough!

And yes, Gingerman has plenty of run-off. I've blown straight through turn number one several times. Luckily the runoff is usually smooth...

You know once I bought a set of Carbotech pads f/r and started using Super blue I haven't had any problems anywhere. Grattan to me is much harder on brakes than Gingerman and I don't overheat there either. What suspension are you running?

the FOC will be racing at kart2kart this sunday at noon
pm me if you want to join us.

I might show up to see what track dates they're planning. If they're doing more than one I'm probably going to join.

You know once I bought a set of Carbotech pads f/r and started using Super blue I haven't had any problems anywhere. Grattan to me is much harder on brakes than Gingerman and I don't overheat there either. What suspension are you running?

KSport's. They are stiff and I like them for the street, but we will see what happens on the track. I think tires and brakes will benefit me more-so than a pricier suspension setup.

KSport's. They are stiff and I like them for the street, but we will see what happens on the track. I think tires and brakes will benefit me more-so than a pricier suspension setup.

LOL Your kidding right?

Nope, not kidding. I scored them for extremely cheap three years ago because my 1995's suspension was shot. Have put some good mileage on them and they haven't really dissappointed.

I don't doubt that some Motons or some other high end coilover setup will help me, but right now, I'm still on street tires that don't even hookup on the street :biggrin: Stickier tires first(RT615's), and brakes(which are underway) second. I already have some stiffer sway bars and the car definately is no slop in the corners, so I'll try it out first and improve what's lacking. I'm sure I'll be on a different setup after a track day or two, but I can see more urgent places to spend money first. A huge one is a cage because 0-150mph in about 10 seconds is just freaking scary.

Back