• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Fortunate here. Lost juice for 3 hours Weds.

Lots of temporary misery throughout Michigan from this sustained 40-65 mph all-day Wednesday blast. :mad:
BIG ole weather front.

Lost to blow-over a 35' Co blue spruce.2017-3-12 CO Blue Spruce trimmed up.JPG

Thanks for the updates, guys!

It'll technically be Spring in a couple of days, so hopefully this thread will light back up with activity (Tianbo- this is a call-out for updates, bro ;-) as we thaw out ;^D

Cheers,
Brian

Got the red boost machine road ready over the weekend and out for it's maiden blast of the year yesterday. 11 years of ownership and every spring it feels like a new car to me. One of the few benefits of our climate. Always makes me nervous driving it the first time....for several reasons. Looking forward to the driving season!

Thanks for the updates, guys!

It'll technically be Spring in a couple of days, so hopefully this thread will light back up with activity (Tianbo- this is a call-out for updates, bro ;-) as we thaw out ;^D

Cheers,
Brian

Oops, meant to respond sooner. My power was out for about 24 hours...came back right when it got cold enough to see my own breath in the house...Phew!

Not much actual progress on the car since it's been too cold to work in the garage. However, I did try to take off some trim pieces. One thing led to another...and it somehow ended up like this :rolleyes:

IMG_20170312_172434.jpg

In preparation for the upcoming big maintenance projects (timing belt/water pump/lost motion assemblies/hoses/gaskets/AC work), I stopped by Ryan's house over the weekend to borrow some tools and got to see the red monster rise from its slumber. It's definitely awake! Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) it around.

Anyone here has the OEM tappet adjustment tools by chance?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Hass......Wow Tim!
Looks like you are ready to go! :eek::smile:

NSXgal

Mine still sleeps in the garage. However, 60 degree high temp predicted Sunday....... For me nothing much to do in the maintenance/improvement department. It got fresh oil and filter before winter storage and our resident NSX guru at Suburban Acura gave it the once over then and said absolutely nothing to do. I did fire her up about 1 month ago on a warm day and took her out for a spin. After 4 months of slumber she fired up first turn of the key like had been running the day before! By the way, as mentioned on one of the threads on Prime recently for any of you running 16/17 setup Continental is now making a new tire to replace the summer DW -- Extreme Contact Sport (UHP classification) -- while there is no 215/45/16 for the front 205/45/16 will work (marginally less tread width than the OEM Bridgestone RE010 and pretty close in terms of sidewall height) and the OEM 245/40/17 size for the rear is available. I ordered a set. I think that until 15 April there is a $70 rebate from Continental. Winds up costing half of what a set of Bridgestone RE010s cost. I will post up once I have a few miles on them after installation. I'm hopeful that they will ride a bit better than the old Bridgestones (25+ year old tire technology), handle as well and guessing they will wear much better. Looking forward to seeing the gang soon. Weather permitting I'm game for the first Cars and Coffee in Toledo on April 9th.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff - You still sticking with the 16/17-inch setup? Didn't you buy a set of the later 17/17 OE wheels?

Mine still sleeps in the garage. However, 60 degree high temp predicted Sunday....... For me nothing much to do in the maintenance/improvement department. It got fresh oil and filter before winter storage and our resident NSX guru at Suburban Acura gave it the once over then and said absolutely nothing to do. I did fire her up about 1 month ago on a warm day and took her out for a spin. After 4 months of slumber she fired up first turn of the key like had been running the day before! By the way, as mentioned on one of the threads on Prime recently for any of you running 16/17 setup Continental is now making a new tire to replace the summer DW -- Extreme Contact Sport (UHP classification) -- while there is no 215/45/16 for the front 205/45/16 will work (marginally less tread width than the OEM Bridgestone RE010 and pretty close in terms of sidewall height) and the OEM 245/40/17 size for the rear is available. I ordered a set. I think that until 15 April there is a $70 rebate from Continental. Winds up costing half of what a set of Bridgestone RE010s cost. I will post up once I have a few miles on them after installation. I'm hopeful that they will ride a bit better than the old Bridgestones (25+ year old tire technology), handle as well and guessing they will wear much better. Looking forward to seeing the gang soon. Weather permitting I'm game for the first Cars and Coffee in Toledo on April 9th.

Best,
Jeff

Yes those 17/17s are adorning a shelf in the garage for the past 3 or so years! So beautiful can't bear to expose them to our lousy roads. The new Contis are a bargain -- they are waiting for me at Discount Tire and I'll have them installed before 15 April. The RE010s on the car still have a bit of life but I wouldn't chance them in the wet - looking to me as if rears are less than 4/32nds now. Can you make Cars and Coffee on 9 April weather permitting -- would be nice to catch up.

Best,
Jeff

Hope everyone got to enjoy spring in the nsx with the good weather today! I've been getting the car ready for summer as well, and to start I lowered mine by moving the springs to the lower perch on the Bilsteins. I figure now is as good as a time to check and bring the alignment up to spec. I am not sure I trust the places I take the bmw to do a good with the NSX. What place would people in the metro area recommend for alignment?
Also, I am going on our annual 2500 mile road trip with 20 car enthusiasts to the tail of the dragon and back through the blue ridge parkway during the April long weekend! Any tips on spares to carry and things to check?

Last edited:
Ravi, I will tag you on FB where I had my car aligned, I believe Patrick had his RX7 serviced there too. I put a good 100 miles today, I had a lot of people asking what year it was including a young lady in her 80's. Came out of IKEA with a crowd around it, an elderly man said him and his friend both lost a bet he thought it was a Lamborghini and his friend thought it was a Ferrari lol. It was nice my 8 month pregnant wife wanted to go out in the Nsx instead of our daily Audi, I think she's starting understand it lol.

Was in Cincinnati over last weekend. Primate curtsr was nice enough to come over and take me for a cruise in his “red bottle rocket.” Breathtaking acceleration (turbo). Stunning NSX that he has done many very cool things to. A couple of photos I took of it, posted with his permission. He will be driving it to NSXPO 2017 Road America and I am certain it will get major attention!

NSX’s are still in storage. I would go to Toledo Cars and Coffee this Sunday if someone wishes to volunteer an empty seat. Glad your NSXs are coming out of storage (except for Tianbo, who is chopping his up :biggrin: ). Look forward to seeing you and the upcoming driving season.

Curt O's Red Bottle Rocket 8 interior R side note all CF.JPGCurt O's Red Bottle Rocket 6 rear view 4-2-17.JPGCurt O's Red Bottle Rocket 5 engine view.JPGCurt O's Red Bottle Rocket 4 L side view 4-2-17.JPGCurt O's Red Bottle Rocket 2 4-2-2017.JPGCurt O's Red Bottle Rocket 9 interior drvr's side.JPG

Was in Cincinnati over last weekend. Primate curtsr was nice enough to come over and take me for a cruise in his “red bottle rocket.” Breathtaking acceleration (turbo). Stunning NSX that he has done many very cool things to.
Thanks for the kind words, you know it's always fun hanging with you buddy! My NSX is not to everyone's taste but it is fast, for the most part up-to-date electronic wise and exactly as I want it to be.

Hello!

Hi everyone...since this is a "MI check-in" thread, I'd like to check in! I've been an NSX owner for about 7 years now, but really haven't had an opportunity to get out with it too much. I'd love to meet fellow NSX owners in the area, so if there are any meets or anything I'd love to come out!

Nothing crazy, but i attached some pics of my car.

~Kenny :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4363.JPG
    IMG_4363.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for the kind words, you know it's always fun hanging with you buddy! My NSX is not to everyone's taste but it is fast, for the most part up-to-date electronic wise and exactly as I want it to be.

Thank you for your kind hospitality. D*mn, the "red bottle rocket" can cook it off just about anytime and anywhere, in any gear :eek: . See you at NSXPO Elkhart Lake!!

Hi everyone...since this is a "MI check-in" thread, I'd like to check in! I've been an NSX owner for about 7 years now, but really haven't had an opportunity to get out with it too much. I'd love to meet fellow NSX owners in the area, so if there are any meets or anything I'd love to come out!

Nothing crazy, but i attached some pics of my car.

~Kenny :smile:

Welcome Kenny, and thanks for chiming in. About time after 7 years!

Kenny,

Car looks great! Neal it's time to set up a meet/drive lol.

So let's look at:

Sat. April 22nd (Earff Day) Let's burn some premium gas and tires! (Sun. 23rd also good - you guys call it. We'll fix a drive after majority says available.).

Last edited:
Hey, welcome Kenny!

Is your NSX Formula Red, or a deeper hue (hard to tell from night / shade pictures ;-) ?

Brian

Last edited:
Car looks nice Kenny.
As far as a drive, we are booked for Waterford Open Track Day #1 on Sunday, April 23rd. I'm not even sure our car(s) will be in the mix this early, especially with the Michigan roads and potholes.
We'll have to see.:smile:

NSXgal

Hi all:

Hope everyone is well. SPRING is official, the weather has changed, and the car covers have come off. Wonderful! The Masters has been played, and now the duffers are out (house has been hit 3x today, windows, please be strong).

Been a busy winter.... worked a lot, and got talked into bowling a 3rd league (dumb idea) so spare time has been limited. Was a sad time too, as I lost my best friend of over 50 years after a valiant battle with The C. Life goes on.... I was able to get my reef tank thinned out a bit from really too much coral growth, and i plasti-dipped the grill on the DD. And did some cool mods to the 7, but something new is actually coming in... maybe I'll see some of you at the PCPS Dust Off next month.

Back