• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick / Easy way to remove front bumper lenses?

I'm headed out for a trip so thought I'd pull these orange blinkers to drop off at my body shop to get them smoked.....

Hopefully I don't have to remove the bumper! someone please advise?

I can't believe there are no clear versions of these lenses for sale.....besides the Clearcorners.com LED models but those are bank!

rick

There is an extremely easy way to remove them. Get on the floor and look up at the bottom of the bumper where the lights are on the inboard side. You'll see a hole there. Take a very long and thin phillips head screwdriver and stick it in and turn it. The screw will not fall out as it is retained in a plastic guide. Once the light is loose, gently pry it out towards the outside of the car and it will fall in your hand.

front-fender side-marker removal...

DocL, I believe s4play is actually referring to the front-fender side-marker amber lens; not the front-bumper combo' driving/turn-signal lights (he has an '02+ NSX which lacks the front-bumper combo' lights).

s4play/Rick, take a small flat-head screw-driver and gently insert it between the right-side of the gasket around the amber-lens and the actual fender. Use a handkerchief/tissue around the screw-driver to prevent any paint from chipping. There is a small metal clip that simply needs to be pushed to the side w/ the screwdriver, and the whole side-marker assembly will just slide out!

Good-luck! :cool:

Re: front-fender side-marker removal...

DocL, I believe s4play is actually referring to the front-fender side-marker amber lens; not the front-bumper combo' driving/turn-signal lights (he has an '02+ NSX which lacks the front-bumper combo' lights)...

Well that being said, my instructions certianly won't work for him. :redface:

Re: front-fender side-marker removal...

DocL, I believe s4play is actually referring to the front-fender side-marker amber lens; not the front-bumper combo' driving/turn-signal lights (he has an '02+ NSX which lacks the front-bumper combo' lights).

s4play/Rick, take a small flat-head screw-driver and gently insert it between the right-side of the gasket around the amber-lens and the actual fender. Use a handkerchief/tissue around the screw-driver to prevent any paint from chipping. There is a small metal clip that simply needs to be pushed to the side w/ the screwdriver, and the whole side-marker assembly will just slide out!

Good-luck! :cool:

Wow you guys are awesome - thanks for both replies! :)

Yes I have an 02+ so just need to pop those out.

*going to garage now....

much appreciate the help!

rick

MUST be a safer way than prying from the front of the bumper - the fitment is quite tight and I don't want to scratch it up. Going to try from underneath the car to pop them out.........

rick

MUST be a safer way than prying from the front of the bumper - the fitment is quite tight and I don't want to scratch it up. Going to try from underneath the car to pop them out.........

rick

Take out a couple of the screws that hold in that front fender liner, reach in there with your hand and push the pressure clip that holds the light in and it will pop right out. No risk of scratches, and should be out in a matter of minutes.

Take out a couple of the screws that hold in that front fender liner, reach in there with your hand and push the pressure clip that holds the light in and it will pop right out. No risk of scratches, and should be out in a matter of minutes.

Reading through the thread, this is what I was thinking. Mitch hit the nail on the head!

Thanks Mitch!

Yea I will attempt this once I get my car back from the clear bra installer today. He's doing a full frontal wrap so should be well protected :)

The question is now with the bumper lenses:

1) Paint them body color and just not use them

2) Smoke them slightly so the light can still be a blinker?

what do you guys think?

rick

Back