• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To Current owners

Since I am getting ready to start shopping for my own NSX, I had a question. As much as I would like to I don't think I can go look at every NSX that interest me, but for a NSX that I am seriously thinking about buying would it be too much to ask for a current NSX owner to go and check out the car for me before I purchase it and have it shipped. I am not ruling out going to the location and picking it up, just wondering just in case.

Definitely do this! That's one of the things that makes this community great. There are owners all over the place who are willing to go look at a car for a potential new member of the community. We love these cars, and want for the right car to go to the right owner!

Definitely do this! That's one of the things that makes this community great. There are owners all over the place who are willing to go look at a car for a potential new member of the community. We love these cars, and want for the right car to go to the right owner!

I was a little hesitant to ask this question, didn't know if I would get Flamed. Thanks

Sure, just pay for their time.

Sure, just pay for their time.

?

I don't think this is mandatory. I think it is a nice gesture, for sure, but I think a lot of NSX owners are willing to help someone in this way without compensation.

Brad,
You will find that most NSX owners are more than willing to do this. As a matter of fact, and I think I speak for most owners, we look forward to the opportunity to view available cars. I am currently in the process of searching out one for my brother. And during the last week or so have looked at a '92 in North Canton, Ohio with 1400 miles on it. (Yes, 1400 original miles). Over the weekend I looked at another '92 with 22k miles in Pittsburgh, PA. And tomorrow I am going to look at an original owner '91 with 13k miles on it (located here in Raleigh, NC). All of these are red, stock original cars. I travel on business throughout the eastern USA, and as a result I have the opportunity to search out cars during my travels.

Good luck. If you have some specific year, color, modifications etc that you are looking for, let us know and we'll keep an eye out for you.

John in Raleigh, NC

I think it's worth a $400 plane ticket to check it out in person, IMO.

For mine, I had the ower take it to his Acura dealer, had the dealer run compression tests(I paid of it) and fax the results directly to me, and then I talked to the main service writer over the phone about the car.

Most NSX owners are more than happy to look at another NSX. I've done this a few times. Offering to pay is a good gesture, but I did it for free.

Most NSX owners are more than happy to look at another NSX. I've done this a few times. Offering to pay is a good gesture, but I did it for free.

I would offer to pay. If nothing else cover the gas. I am looking for a 92 - 93 white(with off color roof) black interior NSX. Found a couple. I am going to be TDY all of July and August was when I was going to start my search. I apprieciate all the help. This seperates NSXPrime from other forums I am part of. This why I am glad to be a part of Prime, hopefully soon can join the many owners on here.

It NEVER hurts to ask.

Certainly put a post in the local market forum here and chances are, someone will help you out. I've checked out a car for someone and I had someone check out a non-NSX vehicle for me outside of my area. I took the guy who checked out the car that I subsequently bought to lunch the day that I went up to get the vehicle.

But by all means make sure the member is knowlegeable and had some experience about NSX's in general. I've owned mine for a year now and theres still so much to be learned.

Most owners here have had there NSX for several years right?! so hopefully I should be fine. main reason I wanted a current owner was cause they know where the problem spots are on these cars. Plus exactly what to look for in a poor maintained car(other than the obvious stuff you look for on any used car)

I would like to think that the vast majority of current owners would gladly look at a car for a prospective buyer.

If you find an NSX in my area that you are interested in, feel free to PM me.

Id be glad to help. No charge :biggrin:

Since I just went thru 12 months of a similar search here is what I did:

1) Talk to owner, see pictures, etc
2) CarFax, etc
3) Local owner to check it out
4) PPI
5) Fly out to see
6) Close the deal

I was VERY lucky to find some local folks who really went out of their way to help.

I've asked several folks in different cities to look at an NSX for me. They never asked for anything in return but I certainly intended to pick up dinner/lunch for them if I bought the car.

In fact, I gave the extra set of OEM wheels to the Prime member who checked out my NSX.

In fact, I gave the extra set of OEM wheels to the Prime member who checked out my NSX.

now that was certainly a nice gesture.
I too have always wondered how other owners would feel about checking one out and if they feel like they 'should' be compensated. I personally don't feel that way as I enjoy looking at the vehicles.

now that was certainly a nice gesture.
I too have always wondered how other owners would feel about checking one out and if they feel like they 'should' be compensated. I personally don't feel that way as I enjoy looking at the vehicles.
+1, someone should take that as a compliment to have someone else trust their opinion on a potentially big purchase.:smile:

What is PPI? (sorry I am in the Air Force and they give us more than enough Acronymns to remember) :rolleyes:

I've done it, with the caveat that I'm not a mechanic. Everyone keep in mind that there is a Pre-purchase checklist here that comes in really handy to help make sure you don't forget anything major.
The only problem for me is that when I looked at the car I really, reeeeealy wanted it even though I have one already. I still think about it.
A red '91 5-speed. Bone stock. 50K miles. COMPLETE paperwork. 28K.
*sigh*

PPI = Pre Purchase Inspection. Usually done by an Acura dealership.

how much does a PPI run?

Back