• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Coffee

I prefer Gevalia Kaffe if I'm at home. Love the smooth taste and the coffeemaker can use any coffee :wink:
From their website: Try two 1/2 pound packages of our exceptional coffee for only $22.95, including shipping and handling, and receive a 12 Cup Programmable Stainless Steel Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe & Gevalia Travel Mug as a special gift.
1298.jpg

x2 - I did this and got that stuff last year, but I only paid $14. The dark roast coffee was a little bland i thought but I got over it. The mocha was only good with lots of milk, which I can't drink much of due to lactose intolerance. But definitely worth the coffee maker. That thing is at least $50 at the store.

x2 on the Starbucks Verona. That is the *only* coffee I can drink black.

x3 - as a matter of fact, I'm drinking it right now. It's one of the better ones IMO, so I get a pound every once in a while.

Addict here too. I drink coffee straight though, I can't stand milk or sugar, unless the coffee is terrible and I am absolutely out of options. My way to judge coffee is to drink it straight. I like Starbucks and I really must say that since their little "overhaul" few months ago (when they shut down all their stores for re-training), the coffee has gotten much better. Back in Denver, Peaberry's was good too. DD and 7-11 are hit and miss, depending on the location, they all seriously lack consistency.

For any coffee or expresso lovers, I recommend you find a local Bosnian, Turkish or Middle Eastern cafe and have a cup. They don't drink the watered down 8 or 12 oz stuff, they sip it in 2-3 oz shots. That's some real good coffee!

Yes indeed kava(kawa) is stong stuff gives you that jolt.

I mean, the stuff that is soo light it is often more like light brown in color instead of black?

Definitely more on the dark side, but I still like a little milk in my coffee. I favor cappuccinos to espressos. I never take sugar. If the coffee is really good, I don't mind drinking it black (specifically thinking of my visit to a coffee farm in Kona, Hawaii...tasted a bunch of different roasts that were all good sans milk). I'm definitely more on the espresso side of roasts...French roast is a bit too dark for me to drink black.

I don't think I had a bad cup of coffee the entire time I was in Paris, France.

Vietnamese coffee is too dark for me without the condensed milk, but if it wasn't so strong, the sweetness of the condensed milk would over power it.

I also enjoyed Cuban coffee the one time I visited Miami.

Addict here too.

I wouldn't call myself an addict. Just have one cup in the morning, one cup in the early afternoon. :D

For me, Starbucks is over roasted. I much prefer Dunkin Donuts.

But for those in central Mass., the best place to get beans is in Northboro - Armeno Coffee Roasters.

http:\\www.armeno.com

They carry coffees from all over the world and roast them on site. I've been buying coffee from Armeno for the past five years or so and a visit to their mill is still a pilgrimage. :smile: My favorite coffee is one from India: India Monsooned Malabar. I usually buy a variety of different beans every few weeks. Not cheap, but well worth the trip. Of course, it's easy for me, since I work in the area.

I always buy whole bean and grind just before I brew. My wife bought a great Cuisinart Burr Grinder/Coffee Brewing machine. It's taken some trial and error to get the controls set right, but I finally got it down pat. And it's nice being able to set it up at night and wake up to fresh ground and brewed coffee the next morning.

If you are a coffee fanatic you should invest in a good grinder/press machine.We have a bosch and you can set the strength ie regular to expresso.The thing also tells you when to clean it /decalcify.Once you have it you should start buying small packets of beans from all over the world.Right now African beans are hot.

I never was big coffee drinker when I was young but in the past 6 months I have been digging it. I tried Starbucks and though it sucked, It seems DD is the best I have found, anything out there better then DD's cinnamon spice? Also I work at home so if it's store only I am fine with it.
Send me some money and I'll send you some thing that is "not" allowed in the US.:wink: It will be one of the most delicious coffee you will ever taste, if not, the most delicious.

Lee's sandwiches here in Orange County. Vietnamese/French style restaurant w/ great ice coffee.

If you are a coffee fanatic you should invest in a good grinder/press machine.We have a bosch and you can set the strength ie regular to expresso.The thing also tells you when to clean it /decalcify.Once you have it you should start buying small packets of beans from all over the world.Right now African beans are hot.

Got any links? Again I am a coffee noob.

Little off topic but does anyone here drink boba? I drank that in Denver a lot and even got off coffee for a little while. I haven't found any in Va Beach so far.

In NY we have Stewarts Shops they have the Best Coffee. Makes Starbucks and Dunkin Dounuts seem bitter. Starbucks has good Tea I dont like there Coffee.

Glad you like the coffee I sent you:wink:

For home use, off the shelf pre-ground, I have to go with Chock Full o Nuts. http://www.chockfullonuts.com/

For work every AM, I fresh grind beans from Newhall Coffee for the morning crew in the office and for myself. http://www.newhallcoffee.com/

Great thread, keep the suggestions coming!

Kona coffee from my favorite island! I brought over several pounds of the Kona Peaberry on my last trip there.

Bad Ass Coffee

Kona Peaberry

Double expresso - After a strong meal, great with a cigar. My new favorite

Hmmm, I never thought of combining cigars and espresso, though it sounds like a solid combination. I wonder how the tastes would mingle with something as 'vibrant' as a Joya de Nicaragua. I bet a CAO MX2 would go really well.

Of he fast food joints McDonalds ain't bad here. If you are into sugar drinsk where you can't even taste the coffee the Seatle's Best Honey Cinnamon Latte with whip cream on top is AMAZING. I swear there is liquid crack in that thing...

Home espresso is the way to go though...

Oh ya it's great! Super dark but it has a very good taste too it. I am not a expert but I have had 8 different kinds of coffee now and this one is the best. :)

It is a rare breed, will be hard to beat even if you search every thing from S. America.

Next time, you should try turkish coffee. Strong!!!

I'm bumping this because our Bosch is dying a slow death.....what a pita it is to get serviced.For the money it would take to have it repaired we just bought a brevil barista for half what the bienvinudo cost.Since this thread i have had to go to decaf because the caffeine was messing with me.I like grinding the starbucks decaf sumatra,and expresso roast.

I'm bumping this because our Bosch is dying a slow death.....what a pita it is to get serviced.For the money it would take to have it repaired we just bought a brevil barista for half what the bienvinudo cost.Since this thread i have had to go to decaf because the caffeine was messing with me.I like grinding the starbucks decaf sumatra,and expresso roast.

I drink maxwell instant everyday. All ya need is a glass and a water supply :biggrin:

.oh.....boy ,wrong thread for you .....good to the last drop.......:wink:............

Back