• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Coffee

I never was big coffee drinker when I was young but in the past 6 months I have been digging it. I tried Starbucks and though it sucked, It seems DD is the best I have found, anything out there better then DD's cinnamon spice? Also I work at home so if it's store only I am fine with it.

I love Starbucks and Dunkin Dounuts is great too. For some people It's one of the other, but I like them for different occasion. Starbucks is strong, DD is kinda weak but still good. Im a caffiene addict, Its not uncommon for me to have 6-8 double shots of espresso on any given day:redface:

I actually like The Coffee Bean over Starbucks. More choices in case coffee isn't what you are feeling. Just not as many around.

Nordstrom has the best coffee Latte, and storm much better than Starbucks mocha frap.

We are big coffee drinkers in Spain (from solo...black right through to sombre...almost like hot milk) but believe it or not some of the best coffee I tasted lately came from...... Holland! try a Krups machine for size

Tim Hortons - Extra Large - 3 cream.
I swear they brew that stuff with the butts from Cigarettes!
Trev

With enough creamer and splenda I could drink motor oil. I have no preference with coffee, but I refuse to buy Starbucks because you have be a Harvard linguist to understand how to order their coffee. What ever happened to just asking for a large, light and sweet.

With enough creamer and splenda I could drink motor oil. I have no preference with coffee, but I refuse to buy Starbucks because you have be a Harvard linguist to understand how to order their coffee. What ever happened to just asking for a large, light and sweet.

when i'm out of halama, i buy starbucks verona (ground) at barnes & noble using my b&n discount, buy it much cheaper than i can from starbucks. using a french press, i make it strong enough that it (practically) needs to be cut with a knife and chewed like, ewwwwwwww, chew :(

but with the right amount of our honey and a bit of milk, it's good :)

How do you get a Starbucks Employee Confused? Order a Coffee:biggrin:

Unless you get a FAGACHINO, you're barking up the wrong tree. Dunkin Donuts Coffee is by far the best.

I'm a big fan of Peets. Flavorful and strong, and much smoother than Starbucks.

I prefer Peets, but I've found their shops are less consistent than Starbucks...and certainly aren't as convenient. I don't like Coffee Bean.

That said, I don't go often (no more than once a week if that). When I do, I usually get espresso beverages (typically a mocha) or frappuccinos (I'm a big fan of Starbucks' caramel frappuccino). I have been known to order drip from time to time, but only when I'm not at home.

I also love Vietnamese coffee...iced or hot...served with condensed milk. Thai iced coffee is pretty good too. Too bad Starbucks doesn't offer such options.

BTW, our offices gets Coffee Bean branded drip-ready packs...blah...hate it. The only way I'll drink it is if we double up packs or drown chocolate covered biscotti in it. We also get Peets from time to time...but we usually get it in very small amounts and it goes very quickly.

Last edited:
Addict here too. I drink coffee straight though, I can't stand milk or sugar, unless the coffee is terrible and I am absolutely out of options. My way to judge coffee is to drink it straight. I like Starbucks and I really must say that since their little "overhaul" few months ago (when they shut down all their stores for re-training), the coffee has gotten much better. Back in Denver, Peaberry's was good too. DD and 7-11 are hit and miss, depending on the location, they all seriously lack consistency.

For any coffee or expresso lovers, I recommend you find a local Bosnian, Turkish or Middle Eastern cafe and have a cup. They don't drink the watered down 8 or 12 oz stuff, they sip it in 2-3 oz shots. That's some real good coffee!

I have been drink coffee since college and I recently stop going to Starbucks or any other coffee shop anymore, unless I really want my double expresso. The cost here is Tokyo is US$4 for a regular coffee here and US$5-6 for a "gourmet drink" :eek:

I now brew my own coffee (even in my office) using a French press. :wink:

My choices:
Columbian from a local bean shop - Everyday
Vorona from Starbucks - when I'm not in the mood for Columbian
Double expresso - After a strong meal, great with a cigar. My new favorite is Illy, they have a coffee stand next to my office.
Jamaica Blue Mountain - Sunday afternoon, evening coffee. By far the smoothest, mildest coffee with NO bitter/sour aftertaste. I can drink one and go straight to bed with this...too bad it's US$40+ per lb

I like my coffee with splenda & low fat milk (just a bit) and I cannot stand ANY frozen coffee drink...they're NOT coffee to me

Ryan, if you're new to coffee, try Columbian & Blue Mountain...solid choices that I recommend...:biggrin:

I have been drink coffee since college and I recently stop going to Starbucks or any other coffee shop anymore, unless I really want my double expresso. The cost here is Tokyo is US$4 for a regular coffee here and US$5-6 for a "gourmet drink" :eek:

I now brew my own coffee (even in my office) using a French press. :wink:

My choices:
Columbian from a local bean shop - Everyday
Vorona from Starbucks - when I'm not in the mood for Columbian
Double expresso - After a strong meal, great with a cigar. My new favorite is Illy, they have a coffee stand next to my office.
Jamaica Blue Mountain - Sunday afternoon, evening coffee. By far the smoothest, mildest coffee with NO bitter/sour aftertaste. I can drink one and go straight to bed with this...too bad it's US$40+ per lb

I like my coffee with splenda & low fat milk (just a bit) and I cannot stand ANY frozen coffee drink...they're NOT coffee to me

Ryan, if you're new to coffee, try Columbian & Blue Mountain...solid choices that I recommend...:biggrin:

I will try both, so far I am going to order about 5 different coffee's :) I will post a review of them once I get them all.

Is this the correct one?

http://www.amazon.com/Reggies-Roast-Jamaica-Mountain-Ground/dp/B000J2HJDA/ref=pd_sbs_gro_1

Community brand New Orleans blend is my favorite american style coffee, served black. http://www.communitycoffee.com/

What I REALLY love is espresso italian style. Get a Bialetti Moka aluminum 3 cup pot and your favorite bean. It won't taste good for the few pots until it is seasoned. Rinse and never use soap. I have tried all kinds of beans and grinds, and my favorites are Illy beans w/a custom grind OR the cheapest preground Kroger brand "Espresso" bag. No kidding. Serve either with about 2 natural cane sugar packs per pot.

Any of the above beat the crap out of anything I have had a starbucks by a mile. Don't be put off by the cheap price of either, I have never found anything I like better at 10x the price.

Last edited:
I will try both, so far I am going to order about 5 different coffee's :) I will post a review of them once I get them all.

Is this the correct one?

http://www.amazon.com/Reggies-Roast-Jamaica-Mountain-Ground/dp/B000J2HJDA/ref=pd_sbs_gro_1

For coffee that you're not going to drink on a regular basis, don't grind the beans until you're about to brew it...that helps saving the taste and aroma...difference you can notice.

I had my Blue Mountain beans in an air-tight box in my fridge :wink:

Yes, I am THAT obsess with my cup of joe :tongue:

From you link, it looks like the right thing. Blue Mountain is one of the more highly-demanded coffees and I recommend the the 100% instead of the "blend" (10-20% BM + other beans), which can go way cheaper. Keep that in mind when you shop :smile:

By far, the best coffee is "Kicking Horse Coffee" from the Kootney Mountains in British Columbia Canada! Grizzly Claw and 454 Horse Power are great dark bean coffees...but Pipeline is an awesome medium bodied bean...Kicking Horse also offers Cappuchino and decafe baby!!:wink:

Dam...One of the X-Men :cool:

I prefer Gevalia Kaffe if I'm at home. Love the smooth taste and the coffeemaker can use any coffee :wink:
From their website: Try two 1/2 pound packages of our exceptional coffee for only $22.95, including shipping and handling, and receive a 12 Cup Programmable Stainless Steel Coffeemaker, Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe & Gevalia Travel Mug as a special gift.
1298.jpg

when i'm out of halama, i buy starbucks verona (ground) at barnes & noble using my b&n discount, buy it much cheaper than i can from starbucks. using a french press, i make it strong enough that it (practically) needs to be cut with a knife and chewed like, ewwwwwwww, chew :(

but with the right amount of our honey and a bit of milk, it's good :)

x2 on the Starbucks Verona. That is the *only* coffee I can drink black.

Hmm, are you guys drinking the coffee the American way??

I mean, the stuff that is soo light it is often more like light brown in color instead of black?

I like the Douwe Egberts Goudmerk coffee, although I usually only drink coffee at work and tea at home. But I do drink it the European way meaning it's a good bit stronger than the stuff I used to drink in the US.

Back