• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couple AEM FIC questions

For an OBD I car!

Who has it the cheapest? Whose making direct nsx harnesses? Does it control boost?

If not would a greddy profec e-01 be a good combo?

For an OBD I car!

Who has it the cheapest? Whose making direct nsx harnesses? Does it control boost?

If not would a greddy profec e-01 be a good combo?

I got the F/IC off Ebay for $375 shipped. Boomslang offers an NSX OBD1 harness for about $210 shipped.

I havent heard of this problem. fill me in please!

See this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91870

Also, specifically, this quote from AEM:
"1. The FIC has an O2 table, which allows you to change the O2 signal that is sent to the stock ECU. For older cars, we recommend using the O2 table in Offset mode, with MAP as the load (y-axis for the O2 table). Values between -0.1 and -0.4 will change the sensor voltage in a way that makes the car run richer than 14.7 in closed loop mode. As with any other aspect of the car's tune, you should verify that your changes are working the way you intend them to. Without adjusting any other parameter in the FIC, you should be able to "trick" the stock ECU into running richer in closed-loop mode using the O2 table. This is very important: if you do not use the O2 table properly, the stock ECU will change the short- and long-term fuel trims until the AFRs are about 14.7 in closed-loop mode. I haven't personally tested the NSX, but most new cars respond VERY quickly to the O2 sensor voltage: for instance, adding 10% fuel via the FIC's fuel map caused the AFRs to change from 15 to 14 at idle, but the stock ECU detected the change and corrected back to 15 AFR in under ten seconds. If the car was tuned at 12.0 AFR and the stock ECU trims cause this to revert to 14.7 AFR that could cause engine damage. If at all possible, I would suggest tuning a couple of OBD2 NSX's so you can get an idea of what O2 voltages are required to keep them happy. Having an OBD scanner is a HUGE help in this case.

2. Resetting the stock ECU will not change the FIC's calibration, and should not change the way the car runs. A good tune should run well when the fuel trims are zero, and if the O2 table is configured properly the FIC will not cause the short-and long-term fuel trims to change significantly."

Back