• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I think I may have found the RIGHT one. Need to find a good TECH in the LA area

Thanks to everyone for their guidance in finding the right NSX. I have researched and found a really nice '99 Black in LA, with 6,400 miles.

Does anyone know of a good NSX tech that can inspect this car?

I am much obliged for quick response. Thanks...Rick

I hear Larry Garcia at NSX Modified is the guy. He's in Irvine I believe.

Here are the directions I received from Alex to get to one of the meetings. Remember to join the NSXCA if you havent already.
smile.gif

TEAM NSX, Inc.
17222 Gothard Ave., Unit E
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714) 842-9135

Directions: Get yourself on the 405, exit on Beach Blvd. Go South (towards the beach). Turn right on Warner, pass railroad tracks, next light is Gothard. Make a left on Gothard. Look for the complex that
has Frank's Auto Body at the corner, TEAM NSX is at the very end of this complex on the left hand side.

Good Luck.

Go to the next NSXCA meeting at Larry's shop. That's when he inspected mine for no charge. You get to meet some of us, go to dinner, and have Larry check out your car all in one night. Just give him advanced notice so he expects it.

After all the festivities, he took it for a test drive, looked through everything and made some recommendations. very thorough. I don't think Larry ever charges for an inspection (it's a chance for him to tear around the streets a bit and check the tranny).
biggrin.gif

He recommended a basic maintenance because I had 75000 miles in case the previous owner didn't do what he was supposed to, but in your case I doubt you would need anything unless something was wrong.
Just expect to want mods after seeing all that stuff hanging on the walls. Checking out Alex's car is worth the trip alone. Very nice guy too.

Originally posted by ilya:
Sometime near the beginning of April. Call them and ask....
...If you're going, be sure to give Larry a heads up to expect you. He's pretty busy.

Ilya,

I spoke to Larry. He was extremely nice and is very willing to act as my agent for this transaction. It may be bad timing for the meeting. I think we would probably come around the 12th of Apr.

Thanks for your reply. Can't wait to drive through LA in that Black NSX.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by tabasco (edited 30 March 2001).]

Back