• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AKIRA3D, please read this

Hi Eric, haven't chatted with you in a while. Hope all is well and you're not killing yourself at work.
wink.gif

I was cruising through the S2000 forum and noticed they are having a meeting on the 19th of May. I also noticed you're thinking of going to that after E3. Are you still planning on going to that one and the NSX meet on the 20th?
I'm trying to decide if I should go to that drive. After the last drive I came to a realization that made it a bit difficult to decide.
That Palomar Run I went to was tiring. By the end of the day I felt like I had been through boot camp. I would love to go to both, but if the drive on the 19th is even half as tiring, it'll be tough to go on another one the next day. I definitely want to be fresh for our NSX event the next day.

Maybe it was because we drove so hard instead of just cruising... I'm not sure.
I don't think the roads will be anywhere near as crazy or empty as last weekend, so it may be more of a cruise than an aggressive drive.
Any thoughts? It seems that some NSXs would be welcome. In addition, after the Palomar Run I already got a chance to meet some of these guys and make some acquaintances. We had lunch and they're good people.

We could see if anyone else in LA wants to go to this one. I'm unsure if it's overzealous to try and make both.
what do you think?

Hi Eric, haven't chatted with you in a while. Hope all is well and you're not killing yourself at work.
wink.gif

Killing myself is a good description. E3 is always a killer deadline, but this is worst than most. I got maybe 8 hours of sleep total last week.

I was cruising through the S2000 forum and noticed they are having a meeting on the 19th of May.

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but may not depending on how tired I am from the show and the work leading up to it. Additionally, my wife hasn't seen me much and she doesn't seem to keen on spending my first days of freedom by going on drives with a bunch of people. I totally understand.

Are you still planning on going to that one and the NSX meet on the 20th?

If I go to any of the meets, I'll attempt the NSX one. I'm not to dissin' the S2000 owners, just feel I'm going to be more refreshed by Sunday.

That Palomar Run I went to was tiring. By the end of the day I felt like I had been through boot camp.

My wife and I had the same reaction after participating in only the morning segment of Canyonball last year. In future runs, I'll probably take it a bit easier.

I had a fantastic casual Easter Sunday cruise up Mullholland Hwy to Malibu with just one other car. I know my wife prefers the less aggressive driving and it certainly is less stressful. I'll post pictures on my website as soon as I get a chance to have them developed.

We had lunch and they're good people.

That's one of the things I enjoy most about these drives. I'd rather take casual cruises to nice destinations and socialize than treat each drive as a track event.

I'm unsure if it's overzealous to try and make both.what do you think?

I've briefly entertained the idea of just showing up at the meeting place of the S2000 gathering, but NOT participating in the drive...since they're so close by. But I doubt I'd be able to go on both drives.

BTW, I finally got my custom plates...take a wild guess what I got
wink.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Killing myself is a good description. E3 is always a killer deadline, but this is worst than most. I got maybe 8 hours of sleep total last week.

That's terrible. I hope they're not trying to burn you out. Most people think being an artist is a relaxing job where you get to work at your own pace. HA! The film animator I lived with once worked 14 hour days just like you. I understand your pain. I'm sure you love the job. Sometimes it's probably just too much of a good thing.

If I go to any of the meets, I'll attempt the NSX one. I'm not to dissin' the S2000 owners, just feel I'm going to be more refreshed by Sunday.

That was my plan as well. I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. I always say I will just cruise, but when I get behind that wheel I just can't seem to help myself. Your comparison to a track event was right on. that's what the drive felt like, with socializing in between. I loved it, but very tiring.

My wife and I had the same reaction after participating in only the morning segment of Canyonball last year. In future runs, I'll probably take it a bit easier.

Don't feel bad. I actually managed to make myself sick while driving last weekend. 15 more minutes of twisties and it would have been all over for me. I pushed a bit too hard, but I look back now and I did have a great time. I just need to take a pill for motion sickness before the drive next time.
I posted pictures and descriptions from that drive in the General section. Overall, including my pics and the links to pics from the S2000 site, there must be at least 30 in there.

I've briefly entertained the idea of just showing up at the meeting place of the S2000 gathering, but NOT participating in the drive...since they're so close by. But I doubt I'd be able to go on both drives.

If I showed up I would end up driving. Looks like we could skip this one. All logic goes out the window when I get behind that wheel and there is nothing but empty roads ahead. All the LA traffic gets to you after a while and it feels great to have an opportunity tear through some open roads and open her up. After the drive, my car feels peppier, like I cleaned out a lot of the crap from traffic driving from 2 months.

BTW, I finally got my custom plates...take a wild guess what I got

AKIRA3D?

Yup!

Yeah, I know what you were saying about losing logic when slipping behind the wheel. Keeping pace with the group was half of the fun, but that was not my intent when I originally planned on attending. Man were we pushing it hard up the twisties during Canyonball. The adrenalin was pumpin' and I was lovin' every second...but my wife was getting serious motion sickness (aggravated by the fact it was hot and I foolishly decided to leave the top off). And it did feel like a work out...so I know exactly how you were feeling during your Palomar drive.

Back