• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego nsx services

relative new 96 owner will be needing 30k servicing in a few months. All Acura dealers are not equally knowledgeable I've discovered. Any suggestions? Also clutch noise/wear/adjustment/life? Thanks!

Is Riverside too far? I am relatively a new owner of 97 NSX myself - Jan this year. I have been going to a Service Station in Riverside in the last three years for servicing my other cars (Legend and two Hondas). This Service Station is family owned and the owner/mechanic used to be the master mechanic of an Acura dealer. He is honest and very good. Recently, the local Acura dealer brought in a cusromer car, that the dealer could not find its problem. I definitely will ask him to service my NSX.

Iwan
Originally posted by waltbjr:
relative new 96 owner will be needing 30k servicing in a few months. All Acura dealers are not equally knowledgeable I've discovered. Any suggestions? Also clutch noise/wear/adjustment/life? Thanks!

I also am a new owner in San Diego. I know that Mark Basch does service here on the weekends. For info email Bryan at [email protected] I know he could help you out. There is also a guy in the Long Beach area, I don't recall his name that has a good reputation.

I hope to see you around.

Please check out the following URL if you haven't already:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004435.html

Edit: BTW, I only trust Mark Basch (Area 51, San Diego) and Larry Garcia (NSX Modified, Huntington Beach) with my car. They are awesome.

Here is their contact info:

Larry Garcia
NSX MODIFIED
17222 Gothard Street Unit E
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
714-842-9135 phone
714-842-9136 fax

Mark Basch
Basch Acura Service
Phoenix, AZ / Poway, CA
602-244-8010 (Phone number at his Phoenix shop?)

[This message has been edited by W (edited 24 April 2002).]

W,

Do you know if Mark Basch would be willing to do JUST oil changes? I don't want to bring the car in just for that when other NSX owners need more advance maintenance/work done on their cars.

But all the comments are scaring me about the local SD Acura dealers...

Back