• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Salvage Title NSX

I recently bought a Salvage Title car with what appeared to be minimal damage. I'm a contractor building a new body & paint shop for the owner who restored the car the car for me charged against the building so it wasn't exactly like cash. It cost a lot and was repaired beautifully and completely, but I still have this CA title stamped "Salvage". Any way to prove up the car and get that off?

There are ways to do it, but Carfax will always have the history of the car =)

Originally posted by TonyRuiz:
I recently bought a Salvage Title car with what appeared to be minimal damage. I'm a contractor building a new body & paint shop for the owner who restored the car the car for me charged against the building so it wasn't exactly like cash. It cost a lot and was repaired beautifully and completely, but I still have this CA title stamped "Salvage". Any way to prove up the car and get that off?

First, congratulations for owning an NSX, you will truly enjoy the pleasures that it will give you ........

However, I am bothered by your inquiry and request to change the salvage title since you knowingly bought the car as a "salvage" ........

I am not hear to preach but let us put the other shoe on for a minute, how would you like to purchase what apperas to be a pristine used vehicle only later to find out that it was a salvage ....... !

So what was the vin number .......?

Originally posted by Hrant:
So what was the vin number .......?[/B]

This should have been asked first. Maybe even asked in a slight of hand way. Then you could have announced that the vin would be logged here and forever tainting the title. This guy is looking to fool someone in the future if not directly at least indirectly.
So if he will post the vin for us MAYBE we can wash it for him. LOL...

Thanks for the responses. The key words in my request were "prove up" but I have my answer now. I don't intend to get rid of it and will keep it as the so-called "Salvage" car it is with the blot on title. No problem in 62 years and won't start now.

Back