• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Irvine Starbucks + SCCA autocross meet on 6/22 Sat.

Hi all,

Since the SCCA autocross event in the El Toro marine base is on the same day, I'm thinking about meeting in front of Starbucks at 8:30 and head out to the marine base at 9:30 to watch some of the NSXers (The Taylors and SoCal NSX) throw their NSX around the cones.

If you are interested in participating in the autocross event, it is $40. You'd have to be there at 7:30 though. You can learn more from here:
http://www.solo2.com/events.htm

They start their first session at 9:00. It is free to get in to watch. And if you have your own helmet, you may be able to get to ride in one of their cars too. Hope you can make it.

Could you shoot me an email, if you plan to come, so that I can estimate the head count. The Starbucks group is just going to watch. If you plan on participating in the autocross event, we'll see you at the base.

Thanks!

Chris

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: [Southwest] Irvine Starbucks meet on 6/22
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:41:37 -0700

Hi all you OC folks,

It has been 4 months since we had our last Starbucks meet. I hope you are available for this one.

Starbucks meeting info:

Date: 6/22/02 Saturday

Time: 9:00 a.m. (morning) till you run out of coffee or things to say.

Dress code: NSX formal... shorts, t-shirt, slippers... Second part may require helmet, driving shoes, gloves...

What to bring: Anything NSX related and a few bucks for coffee

Program: BS, exchange notes, talk about future drives, may be.

3397 Irvine Blvd.
Irvine, CA

Cross street: Culver Dr./Irvine Blvd. (one block north of Bryan)

Direction:
-exit on Culver Dr. either from 5 or 405
-head North/East towards the mountains, away from the beach.
-Make a left on Irvine Blvd (NOT IRVINE CENTER DRIVE!!!! Keep going if you see Irvine Center Dr.)
-make an immediate right into the parking lot.

Landmark: It is in the Albertsons complex on the North/West corner of Culver Dr. and Irvine Blvd.

If you get lost, you can call my portable phone at (310)489-9110

Normally, we have around 8 to 10 regulars show up. We always have fun checking out each other's cars.

Chris
'91 silver/black
Irvine, CA

Back