• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Our next event is Friday, August 2th, 2002

Our next event is Friday, August 2th, 2002
Price: $120 (+$20 instructor fee required for novices)

Duration: 1 day / 2.5 hours of track time per group!*

Track: Willow Springs Big Track (near Lancaster, CA)

Event Info:

Willow Springs is "The fastest track in the West", one of the few tracks where a fast street car can break 140mph. From the thrill of speeding through turn 8 at 120+mph to the "pucker factor" of getting the infamous turn 9 right, WSIR offers high-speed thrills found on few other tracks anywhere.

We will be running the full track in the clockwise direction (the only configuration normally run at Willow). As usual, we will be running three run groups, with five sessions per group, 30 minutes per session. Details on the day's schedule are available here.

Please note that some form of rollover protection is required at this track for convertibles. Cars equipped with stock hoops (S2000's, Z3's, etc.) are fine.

As always, more information and registration are available online at http://speedventures.net/8-2-2002_event.asp

wsir.gif

Right, I got slammed at work and could not make it. Is there anything you can do to roll our entry fee(or at least a part it) over to this event.

We'll bring others!
wink.gif

Ok, just making sure here, but I emailed you guys and I think we're all taken care of.

Also, for any in the Turbo / SC / "fast guys" NSX crowd out there, we have a special offer for this event: We've decided to give away a "Top Gun" prize for this event. Whoever runs the fastest single AMB-timed lap at this event will receive free registration with timing to our upcoming Buttonwillow event (a $165 value). The only restriction is that the winning car must be production-based (no formula cars now), and must be registered for the street (no tube-framed "silhouettes"). This is an open-call to the big HP crowd; there's a free track day on the line, so bring it!

Just wanted to update you guys. There are only 25 cars registered for this event, so if you ever wanted to run WSIR with less than 10 cars on the track, this is your chance!

Back