• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Palos Verdes Concours event on Sept. 22

Just wondering who's going? Maybe we can get some carpool groups together. Who's on the list to show their car the whole day? Anybody know?

Hey DarkCyd! I'll be there and displaying my car all day.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
Just wondering who's going? Maybe we can get some carpool groups together. Who's on the list to show their car the whole day? Anybody know?

I'll be there. Spoke to Carrie and she said that she will try to squeeze me in as an attendant since I am a new owner. But in any case, ill be there. Can't display cause my bumper got scratched when my car was shipped, so it would look kinda ghetto.

I am just trying to snake a free round of golf with some kinda charity voucher...man, that would be sweet.

Sorry guys. I'm going to be at the Le Mans and SpeedvisionWC race in Monterey that weekend. What are they thinking scheduling this event on the weekend of a race? sheesh.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by akira3d:
Hey DarkCyd! I'll be there and displaying my car all day.

Me too!
I spoke with Carrie today and she said that there are some spots left for attending the event, not displaying though. There are 20 slots for cars on display and 40 slots more for attending. All with access to the hospitality area!!! If you went last year, you know how great they treat you. Free food, drinks(no alchohol, what are you thinking?) a nice area to relax, and the best location you could imagine.

For those of you who did not get the email. Here is the info.

Dear NSX Club Member,
For the second year, Acura is the title sponsor of the Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance. This year's show will be held on Sunday, September 22nd, overlooking the spectacular Pacific at Ocean Trails Golf Club. To celebrate this occasion, Acura would like to extend a special invitation to you, as an NSX owner, to participate in this esteemed event by showcasing your vehicle.

As the title sponsor, Acura will have a unique area to display a limited number of NSXs owned by club members. Because space is finite, your earliest RSVP is encouraged to ensure your participation in this exciting opportunity. In addition, Acura will host an exclusive owner VIP hospitality area with complimentary, gourmet food and hosted bar for your enjoyment.

Acura's display area is designed to provide the best possible reflection of your vehicle. Thus, it will require some logistical set-up prior to the opening of the event. If you decide to participate by exhibiting your NSX along with other NSX club members, you will be required to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning and be committed to leaving your vehicle in the display until after 4:00 p.m. that afternoon. The event itself begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m. and will showcase 175 vintage, classic and historic automobiles and motorcycles.

To RSVP for this spectacular event please reply to this e-mail, or contact Carrie Condon at event headquarters at 1-310-783-5625 by August 20th, 2002. Please indicate in your response if you're interested in displaying your NSX or simply attending the event.

Originally posted by Joel:
Khuezee,

I see you finally got your car. It's about time they delivered the goods. What was the waiting time, a month?

yeah, it was about a month and one scraped bumper later!!! all in all, it was more perfect then i imagined. i am in the process of getting them to pay for the damages, but the motherFer claims i did not opt for insurance when it was transported. oh wells, time to call Larry H. Parker.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ilya:
Sorry guys. I'm going to be at the Le Mans and SpeedvisionWC race in Monterey that weekend. What are they thinking scheduling this event on the weekend of a race? sheesh.
biggrin.gif

Ilya,

Are you going to drive or fly up to Monterey? We will also be up there that weekend for the race with our left hand drive R33 Skyline hopefully we can meet up.

Speed Safely,

Factor X Motorsports www.factorxmotorsports.com

I'll be showing my car for the whole day there. I'm planning to driving up from Irvine around 7:30. Any one heading from the Irvine area or some where along 405?

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
so whats the deal if you are just attending??? same thing just not showing the car?

You do need an invitation from Acura to have access into the hospitality area and for parking(Don't know if you have to pay to get in the front gate without an invitation). So, if you plan on going, reply to Carries Email from above and you will be sent a parking pass and a guest pass. There is still room left as of Weds. the 21st. to be a guest. Acura set up to have 20 NSX's in the display area(all 20 are spoken for) and an extra 40 people(no display) can attend as Acura guests and access the hospitality area(these are what is still available).

Factor X (can never tell which one of you guys is writing
biggrin.gif
),

I'm driving up with a few friends of mine on Thursday night. We're staying at the Motel 6 and crashing the Embassy Suites across the street for their Spa and Sauna (just like last year).

We should definitely meet up sometime that weekend to watch the race. A bunch of NSXers are up that way as well. Last year we got together with Andrie, Kenji and others for dinner. I'll give you guys a call this week.

Back