• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updating on events around the San Diego region

NSX/MR2

Suspended
Hi everyone, hope everyone enjoy your 3 days weekend. Remember to take care and be safe.
First of all, I want to welcome Spoo to our circle, congrat on your purchase of a fine car. Now, there are a couple of guys out there that I haven't met, guys like W, Supercharged, and Poloman, are you guys around, if you are, please drop me a line on this board or my contacts (email, cell).
As far as this week goes, there is nothing major planned for this week, though there are a few autocross down at Qualcomm if you are interested, and I believe that Brad mention something about a car show, and Conrad know a couple of events coming up in september, I would have love to come but my car is being worked on. I will keep you guys posted, right now evreyone just need a break.
For the weekend of 14-16, if I am not mistaken, there is an event hosted by one of the owner from LA, not sure of the location though. Now I know that quite a few of us like to stick around here and do our own things. There are quite a few owners interested in a track event or just a get together, so why don't we go to Carlsbad Raceway and have some fun, afterward, we will have dinner together. Or if you guys prefer, we can just take a cruise down to Ocean Beach for lunch, then I am gonna show you this gorgeous spot up in Mount Cabrillo Momument, good winding mountain drive, perfect for NSXs shot and our other brothers.
What we have here is a good group, and I want to make everyone feel welcome and enjoyable, so if you have any suggestions or differences, please don't hesitate to bring it up.
If you guys want to meet in between as quite a few of us do to go range (David, pull that 9mm down,lol), fishing (It will be better next time Brad, I think you were too good looking for the fish, bro), go to a movie, bowling, cafe (Arron, that coffee is still hot), or anything for that matter, let me know, I will try to accommodate you guys and passed out the word.
Plese reply when you see this post, and tell me what you think. I appreciate it.

Two week from now, either on the 15th, or 16th, big event, this is gonna be awesome. I already contact most of the members, just wonder who else around here want to come.

Deqle- I saw your post and the event you are referring to in Socal is the NSXCA canyonball run on the 14th- I think 30 NSx are signed up....On the 20th there is a track event at Buttonwillow, that me and maybe some others are attending, and on the 22nd there is the Concours event at Palos Verdes- so pretty much every weekend if you guys are in town.
If there are any Rotary/Rx7 enthusiasts on the 28th there is a huge event called sevenstock at Mazda HQ in Irvine that I'm going to.
Keep me posted on your big event on that middle weekend...thanks!

The person to get in touch with is the president of the SW NSXCA chapter, Alex Vizcarra. He can be reached at [email protected]

I think the list may already be closed as they are limiting the number of cars to 30. But you can check, maybe they still have space open.

Don't even worry about the run throw by Alex, what we have in mind here in San Diego is something only a few of us with these type of vehicles could do, this is gonna be AWESOME.

Hondapower,
You know that what we are about to do don't happen on a regular basis, and this is much more different than the reqular stuff that we do, think about that, and it will happen in the afternoon of Sunday so you will have plenty of time to rest.
Poloman, can you email me so I can give you my contact info.

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
The Canyonball Run VI is "sold out."

I'll be attending that one.

I might be able to attend Deqle's event as well... maybe.

Are you coming up from SD? I'm not sure where the meet up is for Canyonball yet but maybe we can hook up and head over together. I know I can't wait. =) 200-300 miles of beautiful twisties along the coast. Yeehaw. =P

Bring some good camera.
Darkcyd, are u gonna be in SD after the canyon run or are u gonna stay up there in LA. If u come down here, u might want to join us.

Yeah, I'm in on the Canyonball!
biggrin.gif

And I'm looking forward to the SD drive(?) too!! Glad it's on the Sunday.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I can't diclose the location nor what we are gonna do down here in San Diego, that is only on the need to know basis, email me for info if you want to. Or else all those plan to go just need to show up at our regular meeting place at the Starbucks on 163, opposite IN/OUT brger join right next to Balboa, then informations will be passed out.

Deqle, I'll prob attend. But anything can come up. And I can't bring my daughter to this one.
biggrin.gif

Darkcyd, yeah, definitely. It's always better to caravan. Where do you want to meet? And at what time? I'm pretty flexible on location... since I'm so far down south... and east... I live close to AZ!

FuryNSX, you got in?! Sweet! See you there! You prob won't want to caravan with Darkcyd and I... too early. (I hate the morning.) If you do, let us know!

[This message has been edited by POWERED by HONDA (edited 04 September 2002).]

Close to AZ, that's quite an exagerration, lol. And no, your daughter ain't gonna make it on this trip. Do you want to contact some of the other players around, bro, see if Cova want to come, hell more NSX, he doesn't have to run if he doesn't want to.

Well, I live in Santa Monica and the meet-up will most likely be somewhere in the Valley/Ventura/Calabasas area I'm guessing. So if you want to meet around my place, I'm sure we can arrange a spot.

I'm actually very likely to be in SD this coming weekend. Anything going down for this weekend?

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
Well, I live in Santa Monica and the meet-up will most likely be somewhere in the Valley/Ventura/Calabasas area I'm guessing.

Not necessarily. If I'm not mistaken, I kinda remember last years Canyonball starting north of Burbank.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 04 September 2002).]

This weekend, we have the event down in the Q on Friday night, after that we are just gonna go out, care to join us Darkcyd.

Back