• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New AZ owner

P

PhoeNiSX

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently became the 3rd owner of a formula red 1991 5-spd NSX. The NSX is (and has always been) my dream car, so I am thrilled to be among the ranks of those lucky few who own one. Here are some pics of my car:
http://photos.yahoo.com/ih8tspam2 (click on "new baby"
smile.gif
)

It's waiting for the 60k mile service and some other minor items to be done, but it's in otherwise pristine shape. If there are other local owners in the Phoenix area that would like to meet, I'd love to hear from ya.

Peace.

------------------
PhoeNiSX

Congratulations! I purchased my '91 red/black earlier this year, and I couldn't be happier.

I hope you enjoy your NSX as much as I do!

Lon

[This message has been edited by LonVarscsak (edited 18 August 2002).]

I'm in NW Glendale. We _should_ plan a get together! There must be at least 10 frequent posters from the Phoenix area!

I am willing to offer my pool, BBQ, and classic arcade collection for a gathering location! Of course a cruise might be a more appropriate event...

If anyone thinks this is a cool idea, PM/E-mail me or post and we can get the ball rolling!

-Shawn

Hi Shawn and fellow Phoenicians,

I'm in Arrowhead Ranch
smile.gif
I've seen a silver NSX and a red/black one like mine; would one of them happen to be yours?

I have a BBQ (but no pool) and I think a gathering is a fantastic idea. However my car won't be ready for a few more weeks
frown.gif
I need to take it to Basch Acura for some much needed maintenance, and I'm waiting for some parts and other items. You're welcome to come look at it in my garage though (LOL), and I'd love to check yours out!

I'll shoot you an email to say hi.

------------------
PhoeNiSX

Originally posted by PhoeNiSX:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently became the 3rd owner of a formula red 1991 5-spd NSX. The NSX is (and has always been) my dream car, so I am thrilled to be among the ranks of those lucky few who own one. Here are some pics of my car:
http://photos.yahoo.com/ih8tspam2 (click on "new baby"
smile.gif
)

It's waiting for the 60k mile service and some other minor items to be done, but it's in otherwise pristine shape. If there are other local owners in the Phoenix area that would like to meet, I'd love to hear from ya.

Peace.

Welcome to the club. We used to have a very active club in Phoenix, but things have gotten a bit "quiet" in the last few months. Maybe it takes some new faces to liven things up.
If we can get any interest rolling, it would be great to schedule at least some local events again, even during the summer months.

BTW, whats your name??
Mark Basch here.
smile.gif

Congrats...I'm trying to locate a 91-94 NSX myself. Please let me know if you hear/ see anything. Currently have a 1988 944 turbo S for sale or trade. Thanks.

Originally posted by NSXTech:
Welcome to the club. We used to have a very active club in Phoenix, but things have gotten a bit "quiet" in the last few months. Maybe it takes some new faces to liven things up.
If we can get any interest rolling, it would be great to schedule at least some local events again, even during the summer months.

BTW, whats your name??
Mark Basch here.
smile.gif

Hi Mark! Kelvin here. I just spoke to Jane about bringing in my NSX for service next week. I'm sure you'll take good care of her
smile.gif
Have a good trip to San Diego, and it would be great to get things active in Phoenix again!

See you next week!

Originally posted by Gary AZ:
Congrats...I'm trying to locate a 91-94 NSX myself. Please let me know if you hear/ see anything. Currently have a 1988 944 turbo S for sale or trade. Thanks.

Hiya Gary :} I just spotted this local NSX on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1857444358

If you're interested, and want another pair of eyes to look at it, let me know. My carfax account just expired, so maybe someone else can run the report. I've done quite a bit of homework on the '91s, and would be happy to share my research on what to look for & avoid. It's been repainted, and the interior is a little more worn than mine, so you should be able to swing a good deal.

Good luck!

PhoeNiSX....thanks for the heads up. I'll try and get up to Verdone this weekend. What do you think this car will sell for? Checked my CarFax accoutn and it also expired on Aug. 8th. Sorry thought I coudl help ya out. Thanks again...

Gary

Hi Gary,

If I were looking for a show car, I would pass on this one due to the repaint and high mileage.

However, assuming a clean inspection with no major problems or maintenance issues, I wouldn't pay more than $26k for it. Just on a cursory examination of the provided photos, I can spot some obvious flaws. For example, the black plastic around the keyhole is improperly painted red. The spare tire is missing. The CD changer is mounted in the wrong spot in the trunk. The exhausts look unusually dirty. I could go on, but such minor details imply a less than meticulously maintained history to me.

I was fortunate enough to find a clean, original '91 with 55k miles locally for approx $29k (including some much needed maintenance items: 60k/90k service, speakers, hatch struts, etc.). I had it inspected (by Mark Basch), the importance which I cannot emphasize enough. Coincidentally, Verdone Motors is in the same neighborhood as Basch Acura.

To determine the appropriate price, I used eBay, nada.com, edmunds.com, kbb.com, autotrader, and (of course) nsxprime as guides. Don't let emotions influence your decision. During my shopping process, I saw more beat up specimens than mine go for higher prices than what I paid because of overeager buyers.

Also, you might want to expand your search range to include other localities. Don't limit yourself to just local cars, or you might have to wait a long time to find the right one. With such a knowledgeable and helpful NSX community, I wouldn't hesitate to consider out-of-state cars. However, an important factor for me was that the car be from a snow-free state to minimize the possibility of rust.

If you haven't checked out the following links already, I highly recommend you do so before inspecting any car in person:

Used NSX Checklist
Purchase process
Technical service bulletins

Good luck with your search. Let me know if you have any questions or want any help. It's one of my favorite hobbies, so I don't mind
smile.gif

I was looking for a car with less miles...and being repainted didn't excite me. I'd rather have a specimen with the AZ road chips and know what I was getting. Found a 91, that was a collector car with 2000 miles on it. But the guy wants $45k...a bit out of my budget...but a showroom sample. I'll keep looking for that happy medium. Looking out of state is not an issue...just have to figure in another $1k for transport into the price. I want to sell my 1988 944 turbo S first and then buy the NSX. But... if the NSX comes first...the price on the 944 will go down for a fast sale. Anyway...thanks again for the info/ insight.

Found a 91, that was a collector car with 2000 miles on it. But the guy wants $45k...a bit out of my budget...but a showroom sample.

Seriously?? A local '91 with only 2k miles?? Was it red/black? If so, perhaps I'll take that one and you can buy mine
smile.gif

Let me know where you found it! Thanks.

Currently have a 1988 944 turbo S for sale or trade. Thanks.

Gary, I told my friend about your 944, and I believe he contacted you about it already. Anyway, he wants a red one, but is willing to consider the color you have. He asked me to find out if you have any photos that you could post or email. Thanks, Kelvin

Kelvin,

I'm taking pictures this week. If they are interested and live in Phoenix, I'd be glad to arrange a time when they could see the car. Just so there isn't any confusion, this is a limited production 1988 944 turbo S. It is called the Silver Rose model. Only 339 were built in 1988, this car is #149. It is a street version of the turbo cup car. This car will sell for somewhere in the low 20's. From the factory it did 5.5 0-60 and high 12's in the quarter.

Back