• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Acura Concours d'Elegance Invitation in Palos Verdes

Who has recieved and responded to the Palos Verdes event? Acura has graciously invited us to display NSX's and treat us like kings with gourmet food and drinks in a private area exclusive to guests. All the display spots where full as of 8/9. I plan on staying the night in San Pedro(since the wife is PG)and it's a 2 hour drive down there. Last year was a great time and we met a lot of new faces. If you are going and didn't go last year, you are in for a treat! The hospitality, eats, location and cars are all top notch.
Hope to see you there!
John and Tina

Originally posted by Wadasan:
John
where can we find more info on the event??? Dates,times,where in P.V .....

The display area is full(alternates are welcome). Maybe you could respond as an attendie.

For the second year, Acura is the title sponsor of the Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance. This year's show will be held on Sunday, September 22nd, overlooking the spectacular Pacific at Ocean Trails Golf Club. To celebrate this occasion, Acura would like to extend a special invitation to you, as an NSX owner, to participate in this esteemed event by showcasing your vehicle.

As the title sponsor, Acura will have a unique area to display a limited number of NSXs owned by club members. Because space is finite, your earliest RSVP is encouraged to ensure your participation in this exciting opportunity. In addition, Acura will host an exclusive owner VIP hospitality area with complimentary, gourmet food and hosted bar for your enjoyment.

Acura's display area is designed to provide the best possible reflection of your vehicle. Thus, it will require some logistical set-up prior to the opening of the event. If you decide to participate by exhibiting your NSX along with other NSX club members, you will be required to arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning and be committed to leaving your vehicle in the display until after 4:00 p.m. that afternoon. The event itself begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m. and will showcase 175 vintage, classic and historic automobiles and motorcycles.

To RSVP for this spectacular event please contact Carrie Condon at event headquarters at 1-310-783-5625 by August 20th, 2002. Please indicate in your response if you're interested in displaying your NSX or simply attending the event.

ill be there. but probably just attending. not displaying cause dont think i can stick around all day. i wonder if i can get a free round of golf for displaying, that would definitley change my mind :)

I signed up to display my NSX as soon as I got the e-mail from Acura. Last year's event was fantastic...wouldn't miss it.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Ooops. Looks like I missed the opp to sign up to display.
frown.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I signed up also but will not be displaying my car. I did not want to commit to staying until 4PM. I wish the show displayed more recent cars but the food and company were great!

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

You can find out more detail info from the following URL:
http://www.pvconcours.com/

Here are some pics I took from last year's event:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/silvernsx1979/lst?.dir=/PV+Concours+NSX%27es&.view=t

I had to remove some of the vintage car pics 'cos I was running out of space.

Great event! No greasy finger prints on our cars after a full day of display. There were a couple of security watching our cars through out the entire show. Needless to say, this year, I signed up again.

If any of you are heading up from south of the Irvine area, we can caravan. It'll be fun. Let me know if you are interested.

[This message has been edited by CDube (edited 12 August 2002).]

I'll be heading up from the Irvine area at around 7:15. Anyone else?

We can find a place to meet at Main and Harvard off 405 if there are enough interests.

Chris

Originally posted by CDube:

We can find a place to meet at Main and Harvard off 405 if there are enough interests.

Chris

I'll be there. Ralphs Shopping Center or the Car wash? Wadasan should see this post.
I will be coming from Fountain Valley off of the 405 and Magnolia.

Tan

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
This is coming up, I'll be just attending...from what I read, there are valets to park your car????

for those attending, other than valet parking, any other parking options? I am debating to drive the X or not since I am not participating in the show.

Thanks

I'll bet all of us are on the same wavelength when it comes to valets. How many of you guys have ever let a valet park your car?

I think I've only done so twice. The first time (Sony PS2 launch party in Hollywood), totally caught me off guard...I had no idea valet would be my only parking option...and I don't think they were even "professional" valets. I was nervous the whole time I was there!

As for the PV Concours, I opted to display my car (so I can park her myself)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by CDube:

I'm going. We should caravan up together. Any "official" count or meeting place for Orange county folks? Off the 405 somewhere is fine with me.....

John

------------------
John Anderson
99 Zanardi #45

Tan, if you want to meet us in Irvine, you'll be driving south about 6 miles before heading back that north. May be you can meet up with Wadasan in HB or FV area and wait for the pack to reach your area.

What we are doing is that if you would wait at the closest on ramp off 405, just private me with your cell # ahead of time and I'll call you 2 exits before I reach yours location. Then it'll give you enough time to get on the freeway without anyone driving extra miles or making multiple stops. Of course you are welcome to drive to the Irvine meeting place if you don't mind.

Meeting place: Harvard and Main (Ralph, Savon, Cingular ...) off 405 between Culver and Jamboree ... south west corner.

Time: 7:00 to 7:15

Leaving at 7:20 sharp.

I'll have the club radio with me.

So far, Dave G. and I are meeting in Irvine. Steve R. will join us around the Seal beach area on 405.

David L. If you are interested to be there early, let me know.

John, not sure where you live. If you are south of Culver, then I'll look forward to meeting you in front of Ralph.

Conrad, if you get your packet and can make it, you can meet us in Ivine before 7:15.

Yeah, you have to be there by 8:15 if you are showing your cars.

For the rest that are just attending, Valet parking is the only way. Last year, Paul and Heidi watched in horror when the valet chirped the tires right in front of them.

Back