• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm feeling quite proud of myself this AM-completed several NSX weekend projects.....

I enjoy DIY'ing on my NSX and since the squeaking/squealing noise coming from my carbotech brake pads was slowly driving me insane (it's a short trip) and my fat 5 spokes had to come off the car as they are just too ugly to cruise around on, it was time to get to work! So on Friday evening, without the benefit and sage wisdom of my friend and trusty helper, The Hunter (who's fallen so deeply in love with a very lovely woman (who is now his fiancee) that his availability has become limited), I decided to tackle changing the brake pads myself. I've done this job myself before, but it was a while ago, so I was prepared for a challenge. It turns out there was little challenge and just a couple of hours later (including getting the car up on jack stands and back down again), the stock pads and my beautiful 7 spokes are back on the car!

Then last night I decided to clean the unifilter (man, it was really dirty after just a few thousand miles).

Then, I went onto a bigger project, my sagging headliner! About 2 years ago I noticed that it was sagging a tiny bit in one corner of the square above the passenger's head, but it was not sagging enough to merit pulling it down to replace it. However, over the last couple of weeks (probably because of my recent track day), it really started sagging. I can't have that. So, I checked Prime for any tips and then reviewed the service manual and a few minutes later, the headliner was out of the car. I then removed all the staples on one edge and peeled the vinyl back and sprayed the cardboard part with some 3M upholstery glue. I let it dry over night and this AM it looks like it may be okay. I didn't want to remove the vinyl completely, so hopefully my approach will work. Now I have to find some of those tiny staples for my staple gun or find some some other way to attach the folded edge of the vinyl on the other side of the headliner and then re-install it. Anyway, it may not be entirely perfect, but if it holds, it looks pretty darn good and saved me a lot of $$.

I do have a couple of questions:

What is the purpose of the clear plastic tube that is connected to a 2" black plastic thing on the underside of the passenger side roof by the rear window?

Also, has anyone had success fixing their visors where the vinyl and fabric split along the seam? It would seem I'd have to trim the foam down (as it seems to have expanded) and figure out how to close/seal the seam. I am not all that adept at such work, but I'd be willing to take a shot if there's any likelihood that it would work. Otherwise, I'd think it would be more cost effective to have an upholstery shop re-cover them than it would be to buy replacement covers, right?

Anyway, it was a productive weekend (especially considering I accomplished several things on my honey-do list and fixed a minor electrical problem in my house)!

Last edited:
I enjoy DIY'ing on my NSX and since the squeaking/squealing noise coming from my carbotech brake pads was slowly driving me insane (it's a short trip) and my fat 5 spokes had to come off the car as they are just too ugly to cruise around on, it was time to get to work! So on Friday evening, without the benefit and sage wisdom of my friend and trusty helper, The Hunter (who's fallen so deeply in love with a very lovely woman (who is now his fiancee) that his availability has become limited), I decided to tackle changing the brake pads myself. I've done this job myself before, but it was a while ago, so I was prepared for a challenge. It turns out there was little challenge and just a couple of hours later (including getting the car up on jack stands and back down again), the stock pads and my beautiful 7 spokes are back on the car!

Then last night I decided to clean the unifilter (man, it was really dirty after just a few thousand miles).

Then, I went onto a bigger project, my sagging headliner! About 2 years ago I noticed that it was sagging a tiny bit in one corner of the square above the passenger's head, but it was not sagging enough to merit pulling it down to replace it. However, over the last couple of weeks (probably because of my recent track day), it really started sagging. I can't have that. So, I checked Prime for any tips and then reviewed the service manual and a few minutes later, the headliner was out of the car. I then removed all the staples on one edge and peeled the vinyl back and sprayed the cardboard part with some 3M upholstery glue. I let it dry over night and this AM it looks like it may be okay. I didn't want to remove the vinyl completely, so hopefully my approach will work. Now I have to find some of those tiny staples for my staple gun or find some some other way to attach the folded edge of the vinyl on the other side of the headliner and then re-install it. Anyway, it may not be entirely perfect, but if it holds, it looks pretty darn good and saved me a lot of $$.

I do have a couple of questions:

What is the purpose of the clear plastic tube that is connected to a 2" black plastic thing on the underside of the passenger side roof by the rear window?

Also, has anyone had success fixing their visors where the vinyl and fabric split along the seam? It would seem I'd have to trim the foam down (as it seems to have expanded) and figure out how to close/seal the seam. I am not all that adept at such work, but I'd be willing to take a shot if there's any likelihood that it would work. Otherwise, I'd think it would be more cost effective to have an upholstery shop re-cover them than it would be to buy replacement covers, right?

Anyway, it was a productive weekend (especially considering I accomplished several things on my honey-do list and fixed a minor electrical problem in my house)!

I believe the clear plastic tube is a drain for the sun (moon??) roof.:smile:

You mean the air filter?

Yes the uni motorcycle type washable air filter made famous by comptech who use it for thier airbox.

Right, the Unifilter brand air filter. It's actually pretty gross when it's dirty, but the cleaner does a nice job cleaning it up.
I noticed my uni-filter gets dirty more often that I would expect. Fortunately I have a spare and that makes it easy.

Back