• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good Mechanic

Anyone know of a good NSX mechanic around Orange County, CA? Preferably close to Newport Beach? I'm getting tired of Acure dealers pretending to know what they are doing!!!

------------------
IRL Sucks

NSX Modified is just up the road in Huntington Beach. They are top notch. Good Luck

------------------
  • 1997 NSX-T
  • 1983 El Camino
  • 1972 VW Bug

Thanks guys!
I just picked up my car from the Acura dealer who I had do an oil change. The idiot putting in the oil somehow got it all over the engine compartment and didn't bother to clean it up. Now I've got oil all over what used to be a pristing engine compartment. Stupid crap like that is why I'm looking for another mechanic.

Thanks for the info.

ndpracer-
How long have you owned the NSX? as you may soon find out the majority of NSX owners out in the general SoCal. area and in this forum take their car to Nsx Modified. Some even ship their cars there...

5"fatlip; Not long, about 3 months. This is my second NSX, the first I had for 5-6years. I foolishly never joined a club or visited a website like this one for "support".

One of these days when I figure out how to post pics, i'll post pics!

5"- Unfortunately I'm going to Shifter Kart School at Willow Springs this weekend, But one of these day's we'll have to hook-up.

You mentioned Jack's turbo, any experience with them? I've heard about them but no one I know has had any experience with them. I am seriously taking a look at doin some turbo action on my NSX.

------------------
IRL Sucks

Hi NDP,
My name is Jack. Yes, I consider NSX modified top notch, and will definately save you some money and time. It is the place where I got my single turbo setup installed.
However, if you want some neck-braking experience...you have to sit in 5inch's direct port system...truely scare the heck out of you!! Leo, I might be there Sat....so hopefully I will see you there.
If you ever want a ride in the turbo setup, shoot me up an email [email protected] and let me know when you heading down to the shop... Take care.
JACK

Hi Jack!
It's nice to read your comments. As I wrote earlier, I want to put some more gopower in my NSX via a turbo but don't know of anyone that has had any experience with them.
How's the reliabilty and maintenance on your car?

Truly appreciate the invite for a ride. I think I'll take you up on it sometime next week if that works for you.

------------------
IRL Sucks

ndpracing, definitely NSX Modified... or if you want to go south, nsxtasy's recommendation of Area51 is spot on too!

I agree... the IRL sucks.
smile.gif

Nick,
Sorry for replying your post so late. I just got my car back from the shop. Let me know when you heading over to the shop so we can meet up and talk about the turbo. Let me know.
JACK

Originally posted by jackmac:
Nick,
Sorry for replying your post so late. I just got my car back from the shop. Let me know when you heading over to the shop so we can meet up and talk about the turbo. Let me know.
JACK

Jack - Thanks for the reply. I am planning on getting over there next week. I'll keep you posted.

------------------
IRL Sucks

Back