• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to the area and FREE STUFF

Hey there. I'm a recent transplant from the Seattle area (gonna miss those guys), and now I'm living in Marina del Rey, and working in LA (Gray Matter studios, making video games, w00!)

Anyway, I wanna meet some of the NSX people down here.

But more importantly, I have two sets of wheels/tires that I want to GIVE AWAY, because I don't use them, and I don't have a garage to store them in like I did in Seattle. I repeat I want to GIVE THESE AWAY TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE TAKEN! Local pickup only, though. I don't want to ship them.

Set 1:
totally abused 91-93 5-spoke rims with Bridgestone RE730s 205/50/15 front and 245/45/16 rears. The rears are at the wear bars, the fronts still have good tread. These would be good rims to abuse at the race track for someone who's just learning. The RE730s have great sidewall stiffness, and handle well, too, but absolute grip (especially braking because of the small fronts) is certainly not up to snuff with an S02pp. I'm not sure if I have center caps.

Set 2:
Chromed 91-93 rims in good shape. Center caps (chromed OEM caps) are in Seattle with a friend because he is/was using them. I'm sure I can get them back. The tires on them are Kumho Victoracer V700s, 225/50/15 front and 265/45/16 rear. They're slick now, pretty much, but there's still plenty of tread on them for a bunch of autocrosses. Not sure how they'd fare on the track.

I've also got probably more OEM lug nuts than I need, too.

I've also got some Enkei RP01's (17x8 front, no tires, 17x9.5 rear with 255/40/17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s) that I could be convinced to sell for the right price.

So, if you want any stuff, or want just give a shoutout to a fellow NSX enthusiast, give me a holler.

-Mike

Mike,
Call me @ 805-987-7777 and ask for John. I would be interested in what you have. I can raffle it off at the CalCoastalNSX meetings and or drives!
Thanks,
John

Just to clarify, the V700's on the chromed rims are RACE TIRES. I'd really, really, really like to give them to someone who's actually going to make use of the tires (someone who autocrosses, or does track events).

-Mike

mike- to follow up on our emails- I'm signed up for the Open Track at willow springs Dec. 12th event
wink.gif

I could get em on by then!

I'm living in Marina del Rey, and working in LA (Gray Matter studios, making video games, w00!)

Send me a private e-mail...we need to meet (geez, we live in the same city and work in the same industry...and both drive NSXs!!!!).

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 26 November 2002).]

Akira: I sent you an email.

Also, while I'm at it, where are the places to go for NSX service? Is there anything good for basics that's closer than NSX modified?

My car threw a check engine light on the way home today. I didn't read the code yet, but I have a sinking feeling it's gonna be yet another dead O2 sensor. :/

-Mike

Grippgoat- alot of the NSX people go down to NSX mod. for service regardless of how far, I am about 35 miles from the place, you shouldnt be that far from your area.

I also recommend Jon over at Acura in Torrance. Welcome to the area btw. =) We look forward to having you join us at the monthly CalCoastal mtgs. You're gonna have a lot of fun with the NSX group in the LA area. =)

Back