• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sebring Silver NSX flipped in LA this morning

It was my Sunday morning routine flipping through the sunday papers and watching the morning LA local news.

In the news, they were reporting 3 accidents. Camaro wrapped around a tree and a Prelude when off the ditch and smashed into something. The Prelude was cut in half. Both drivers were killed. They believed both accidents were results of street racing.

The third one was a car flipped over after it went down a 30 feet embankment. When I looked up from my papers, I saw a silver car, but couldn't make out the type of car from the back, up side down. A second shot was showing a side vent. Then the news caster mentioned that it was an Acura. Then I spotted the 7-spoke machine polished wheels. Looks like a sebring silver with the newer wheels. Another shot was showing the paramedic wheeling someone off on a stretcher.

I hope they are OK. Not sure if any of you know who they are. It is always sad to see car accidents, it really hit home this morning when I saw an NSX all smashed up.

Good thing the roof protected the occupants by not collapsing.

Drive carefully guys! No matter how capable our cars are, they still obey the law of physics. Have a safe holiday!

Chris

[This message has been edited by CDube (edited 08 December 2002).]

Chris:

It wasn't me (although I've been there:eek
smile.gif
. I just cringe when I hear about one of our own having an accident. I am trying to think who had a Sebring Silver with 7 spoke wheels? I sure hope they weren't injured too bad.

Yea, that "B" pilar is very strong!

BTW I saw our cars on Speed Channel the other day! The show "Car Crazy" did a piece on the PV concours and had a couple shots of the NSX's parked out front. You may want to check the Speed schedule and watch the next time Car Crazy is on, as they repete a few times.

Steve

So far, no one know who is the owner of that car. May be it is someone that don't participate in the local meetings.

I hope you taped it. If you do, can I have a copy? I also saw our cars in this month's Super Street mag. It shows the back of Goward's red, Anderson's Zanardi with my silver sandwiched in between. It is cool to see our cars in mags.

[This message has been edited by CDube (edited 12 December 2002).]

Off topic (sorry), but any "silver" surfers here happened to park his/her Black-topped Coupe wearing early OEM wheels on Fairview Ave. in Arcadia this (12-14-02) afternoon? Nice car BTW! Don't think I've ever seen an NA1 coupe this clean (and shiny) !!

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 15 December 2002).]

Back