• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi 50, were u in downtown LA today?

I saw a red NSX with Zanardi wheels today and was just wondering whether it was you.

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Yes, I was in DT LA today, in my Silver S2k. Wait, did U say you saw a Zanardi there?
?
?
?
?
?

Holy cow! I think I'm going to pee in my pants!!!!
I'm going down to my garage, will be right back!!!

Whew, thank god my baby's still there!
biggrin.gif

Thank god everything's cool!
biggrin.gif

BTW Ryan, where in DT did U see this Zanardi? I believe there are more than one in SoCal. For all we know, it might be Blurr (aka Z#35) on his way to Kinokuniya (you know, that bookstore in that curry house plaza in Little Tokyo) to get his pre-ordered BM#55-NSX-R video tape!
biggrin.gif

Hey we should get together sometimes, you, Joel, Si, and I. And don't forget to invite Steven C. to come along!

Joel, still interested in hooking up with the S2k gang?

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
Thank god everything's cool!
biggrin.gif

BTW Ryan, where in DT did U see this Zanardi? I believe there are more than one in SoCal. For all we know, it might be Blurr (aka Z#35) on his way to Kinokuniya (you know, that bookstore in that curry house plaza in Little Tokyo) to get his pre-ordered BM#55-NSX-R video tape!
biggrin.gif

Hey we should get together sometimes, you, Joel, Si, and I. And don't forget to invite Steven C. to come along!

I saw the red NSX on flower street. It just sped past me but I can tell it had zanardi wheels, but I have no idea whether it was a real zanardi though. I was at coffee bean for my daily dose of caffeine and was walking back to work when the car drove past me. The 18th? I probably won't know my availability until the night before. I'll let you guys know!

Ryan

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Saw the red Zanardi look-alike again in downtown! Same place as last time! In downtown as I was walking to get coffee!

It was red, had zanardi wheels, and the guy painted the rear diffuser red to match the entire rear bumper. Sure its not anyone on this board?

Well shoot, don't forget to invite me. :) I should hopefully have my car back by then. Praying for today but they keep lagging.

I'm guessing, but this car you saw could be the #49 Zanardi that was wrecked and rebuilt....hence the rear valence RE-painted red (not black as it should be). The Z-#49, according to Carfax, was issued a salvaged title back in '99 only after a few miles on the odo. Then it was routinely "inspected" annually at Hollywood station, for whatever reasons....

Ryan, did you peek in the cockpit to check if the Zanardi signature plaque was mounted on the rear bulkhead in between the seats? I figure anyone can just get the Zanardi BBS wheels from Acura (but they're very pricey for the rim size) and slap them puppies on their non-Zanardi NSX.....

Nope, the car was at a stop light on the street so I couldn't look inside. I'm gonna go out for another coffee run, maybe I'll get lucky and see it again.

Back