• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orange County Nsx'ers

Originally posted by nsxtcgrrl:
Are you guys considering stopping by Hoehn to take a peek at the 2003 NSX? Let me know as I'm interested in meeting up. I'm from SD.

-thao

Hey! If we do this, maybe someone from S.D. can cajole Hoehn to provide us some post-run snacks, goodies, etc...yum! hint, hint
wink.gif

The round trip route is approx 218 miles and according to streets and maps, takes 5:20 hrs:mins (with no stops)

Yikes! We could be in San Francisco in that time frame.

A lunch stop could be warner springs, santa ysabel, julian, palomar mtn, or ?.

Julian's a nice little town.

I think this is in the works. http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000202.html

Originally posted by Joel:
Hey! If we do this, maybe someone from S.D. can cajole Hoehn to provide us some post-run snacks, goodies, etc...yum! hint, hint
wink.gif

The round trip route is approx 218 miles and according to streets and maps, takes 5:20 hrs:mins (with no stops)

Yikes! We could be in San Francisco in that time frame.

A lunch stop could be warner springs, santa ysabel, julian, palomar mtn, or ?.

Julian's a nice little town.

the meet will be in orange county...hopefully at mission viejo acura. if i don't here from TAN by wednesday, i will call the GM and see if he agrees on the meet. however, i like to know aproximately how many people will show up at mission so that i can take head count and use that as my talking power w/ the GM. another thing is, we need to have breakfast before we roll--anywhoo, email me with head count by tuesday night!! lets have fun and lets be safe. i understand about four nsx'er will be coming from SD to join us.....the more, the better!! so lets do it....again, email me w/ head count.

A couple of us have been talking and decided we'll break off from the group after about 2 hours of driving. Quite frankly, 4-5 hour drives are a bit too much--even in an NSX.

talking to other interested in the run, we can still meet and have a drive, but some may break off half way and turn back to OC, and the other half can go on head down to san diego.

we will need
1. confirmed meeting place, currently MV acura or danny's by ortega hwy.
2. time of meeting, prefer 8am, as some of us like to be home around noon.
3. place to break off the group, and drive route to be determined.

guys,
TAN is trying to get confirmation from the GM of MV acura now...he or i will keep you posted. in the meantime, email me so i can have head counts.....thanks

okay guys...
this run is going to be an awesome one...bring your cam!! i have already provided head counts...which is about 15+ from OC and more in SD as they will meet us at Hoehn. here is reply similar to my email from justin@Hoehn.

We are a go here at Hoehn Acura for the 18th. We look forward to welcoming all the NSX owners to our dealership. Lunch will be provide by us, all I need to know is time and head count. We can also provide a place for you to park your NSXs.
Hoehn Acura is located at 5565 Paseo Del Norte Carlsbad, CA 92008. We are about 30 mins away from MV Acura.

Wow this is cool to see what I started here. I was traveling this week and didn't have much time to check this thread.

I have honestly not done this ride in the NSX, but I have done it multiple times on the Harley and the scenery is fantastic! The roads are great, very smooth and a great combination of curves with nice spurts of straightaways just to "Blow the carbon out".

There is a really cool little restaurant at the top of Palomar mountain that is usually a meeting place for the motorcycle types. It's really quite a scene as the "Harley" types and the "Crotch Rocket" types typically segregate and check out each others rides. I can just imigane the scene when 10+ NSX's show up. Will the Harley guys or the crotch rocket guys be the first to break???

MV Acura would be a good place to start, but if we plan to begin with Breakfast we may want to think about the Denny's at 5/Ortega Hwy as a meeting place. Whichever way we decide to go you can count me in I'll be there.

PB

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 11 January 2003).]

paul,
can you draw out a route and have some copies to distribute?.....lets just meet at Denny's for breakfast and take off from there. Hoehn will have lunch and parking spots for us when we are in SD....lets just be ready to depart at 9AM which mean that breakfast has to be done at that time and ready to roll!!! you may want to put direction to Denny's as some people may not know where it is....me for example
smile.gif

Originally posted by Paul65K:
Wow this is cool to see what I started here. I was traveling this week and didn't have much time to check this thread.

I have honestly not done this ride in the NSX, but I have done it multiple times on the Harley and the scenery is fantastic! The roads are great, very smooth and a great combination of curves with nice spurts of straightaways just to "Blow the carbon out".

There is a really cool little restaurant at the top of Palomar mountain that is usually a meeting place for the motorcycle types. It's really quite a scene as the "Harley" types and the "Crotch Rocket" types typically segregate and check out each others rides. I can just imigane the scene when 10+ NSX's show up. Will the Harley guys or the crotch rocket guys be the first to break???

MV Acura would be a good place to start, but if we plan to begin with Breakfast we may want to think about the Denny's at 5/Ortega Hwy as a meeting place. Whichever way we decide to go you can count me in I'll be there.

PB

I have created a map and directions, but I can't seem to figure out how to post it. If someone thinks they can pull it off, please let me know and I'll email them to you for posting.

SUMMARY
Driving distance: 196.8 miles
Trip duration: 5 hours, 29 minutes
Driving time: 4 hours, 14 minutes

i don't think we should post it...we may have unexpected guess w/ light flashings. let just make some copies for distribution there at Denny's. Five hours maybe a little long....can we cut it down a bit?

calvin

is there anyway to cut the route down?? 5 hours is a bit much for some of us.

Also, is the estimated 5 hours drive just for the canyons? Does it include time to san diego?

Definitely DO NOT post the map online. Pass out directions at the first meeting location. You'll get people meeting you along the way, good and bad. Having authorities know before hand what your route consists of is only asking for trouble.

BTW, us SD NSXers would like to know when to get to Hoehn. Email if necessary.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

guys...thanks for agreeing with me about NOT posting our route--NOT a good idea. lets have some copies and pass it out at the meet. also, i truely feel that we need to cut the trip down from 5 hours so that we can maintain full energy through out the trip....remember we have lunch at Hoehn Acura and sweeetttt parking spots!!

OK here's another try at this.

One might think that we were actually going to exceed some speed limits or break some other laws on this trip!!!

I hope not, I know in my case that when I decided to purchase an exotic sports car, I was at all times planning to obey every law strictly throughout the ownership of my car, including of course this trip, and I can tell from the discourse on this forum that most others have exactly the same mindset as me!!

Now that we have the requisite disclaimer for the legal community how 'bout this rework of the route:

I have redone the trip down to a total of 5:10. This INCLUDES a 15 minute break during the first part of the trip, and a 1 hour stop at Hoehn for a TOTAL time of 5:10. This of course assumes COMPLETE adherence to all speed limits so this time could change of course. The rewoked route has us arriving at Hoehn at 12:36PM based on a departure of 9AM including a 15 minute stop, again assuming complete adherence to any and all speed laws!

If we left Hoehn after 1 hour we would arrive back at the meeting spot at 2:10. I am hoping that this will allow a good deal of flexibility for all. Those joining from San Diego can depart after Hoehn; others may want to have a nice afternoon somewhere along the coast anywhere from La Jolla to Laguna Beach, etc...

If this is acceptable for the group I will make 15 of so copies of the map along with very detailed driving directions via Microsoft Streets & Trips and distribute at Denny's prior to the trip, or I would be happy to email directly to any of you who would like to see these before the trip, or are planning to join up along the way.

This is starting to sound like fun.

Paul

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 12 January 2003).]

paul...alll i can say is PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT!!!!! that is outstanding!!!....now tell me how i can get to Denny's from the 5 South...thanks
smile.gif

This will be a fun drive......so everyone, bring your digiCAM
smile.gif

Meeting: Denny's
Time of Departure: 9am
***breakfast must be done at this time...
Lunch will be at HOehn Acura of SD as they will be ready for our arrival.

Denny's is on the southeast corner of the I-5/Ortega Canyon interchange. It is tucked behind the Chevron Station, so if you turn into the driveway of the Chevron station you go through to the rear and you're there.

I'll be at Denny's no later than 8AM as the restaurant is less than 10 minutes from the house.

so if i were to go south on the 5, i would exit ortega? if so, would it be turning right or left after.....would you happen to have the address on hand? just in case, if i happen to get lost!!
smile.gif

Back