• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orange County Nsx'ers

Coming South on the 5, exit Ortega Highway (State Hwy 74), Left over Freeway, Right into Chevron/Denny's Parking lot.

Coming North on the 5, exit Ortega Highway (State Hwy 74), immediate right, then right into the first Driveway of the Chevron Station go around back to Denny's.

Dennys
27142 Ortega Hwy
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949) 493-1848

I had occasion to stop in at Hoehn Acura this evening and talk to Jason as I was returning from an appointment in San Diego.

They are all set for us on Saturday for lunch, and I promised that we would call when we were about 1 hour out and they will be ready for us.

The Blue 2003 on the floor is really cool. I was suprised how good the Blue interior looks, especially after seeing pictures of the Orange/Orange and the Yellow on Yellow but the blue actually seems to work.

See you all at Denny's sometime before 9 on Saturday.

I'm in for the first half of the drive. Thanks for organizing this drive!

If you are in or north of the Irvine area, how about if we caravan down to Ortega. Our usual meeting place is the Starbucks on Culver and Irvine Blvd. in the Northwood Irvine area about a mile north of fwy5. Please let me know if you are interested or need direction to get there.

Since there is no discussion about club radios, this is just a suggestion. The club radios make your drive safer and more enjoyable when you can talk to the other drivers for road hazard and such. I'll be bringing mine.

Chris

i don't know about everyone...but i am ready!! my wheels is in, the car is lowered..detail job wil be done on thursday...and lets rollll this saturday...please be there NO LATER then 9am. Paul, i have asked once already..and here is another...since you know the route, would you do the honor of leading the pack
smile.gif
?

Yellowpad,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Of course I would love to lead the group!!

I spent the afternoon cleaning up the car. I was actually only planning on going over the car with McGuire's Quick Detail, and I did. I then found a bottle of Mothers swirl remover, and tried it on a small area, wouldn't you know it looked great, so of course I had to do the rest of the car.

Well of course since the car was looking so good I wanted to try out the McGuire's Gold Class that I had recently bought, again only on a small area but of course it looked so good that I did the whole car.

Well now that I had the outside looking good, well you know the rest..soooooo 4 hours later I took a quick trip around the block and put it back in the garage and can't wait for Saturday morning.

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar)
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

I'll bring up the rear. My cell phone number if something happens is 818-535-4818.

I did the same thing.. last Wed and Thurs I did 2 four hour detail sessions (usually once every week or two) and went to San Francisco on Sat, so now this Wed and Thurs.. I get to do it again
biggrin.gif

Sunny

Originally posted by BlueNSX:
FYI: The S2000 Clubs are organizing a run on Ortega Hwy this Saturday as well.

Tan

Well then, I guess we're just going to run them off the road, huh?!
Big brother still has the swagger baby!

Now, Now we must learn to play well with others................NOT!

OK so here's the deal:

My better half informed me this morning that she wouldn't be joining me on the drive this Saturday. Good news and Bad news:

The Good news is that I won't have to listen to all the deep sighs and gasps as we go around the corners on the way up the Ortega Hwy, thus allowing me to completely enjoy the amazing handling and acceleration charistics of the NSX.

The bad news is that I'll be doing all the navigating by myself while I keep one eye on the road another eye on the radar detector another eye on the group and yet another eye peeled for helpers in Black and White service vehicles. Wait a minute the last time I looked I only have 2 eyes!!!

I do plan to bring along my Garmin Streetpilot III so this should help But.............. this means that there is an open seat in the lead car, and I sure wouldn't mind having someone to talk to and help look out for Smokey, etc.....

Send me a private if you or anyone you know might be without car this weekend, or possibly you are a forum member that hasn't yet found the right car. Let me know ASAP. 1st one in gets the seat.

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 16 January 2003).]

paul..
just pay attention to the route and radar..and i am sure we can take care of the rest....we'll have a briefing before we run....no worry!! we got your back!!

Hey guys- wont make this one, but whats funny is that I'm driving down to San Diego the same time everyone is driving down from OC, I might even run into some of you going......so if you see a little MAzda Protege come by waving and honking thats me...just dont race me... =)

**NEWS ALERT**

Body of Woman found decapitated along Ortega Hwy. Road closed for investigations.

Just to give a little heads up. I don't know if this will affect our drive. It might not but who knows. Just keep your ears open for any further developments on how they're going to handle this.

Body of Woman Found in Remote Ravine
Authorities say the headless, handless corpse was dumped over a cliff from Ortega Highway in eastern Orange County.

The headless and handless body of a woman was found Wednesday morning by sightseers in a remote area off Ortega Highway, several miles outside San Juan Capistrano.

"It was a gruesome discovery," said Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

He said the couple first thought it was a mannequin when they spotted it about 8 a.m. But when they took a closer look, they called police.

The body was about 150 feet down a cliff below a highway turnout, about 14 miles east of Interstate 5. It is believed to be that of a white woman in her mid-to-late 20s, Amormino said.

"Without hands, of course, it makes identification more difficult," he said.

"Obviously, the suspect who did this didn't want her identified."

The body, clad only in underpants, has no tattoos, scars or other marks to aid in its identification, he said.

Investigators said they believe the woman was killed elsewhere and dumped over the cliff late Tuesday or early Wednesday. The body was visible from the highway.

By Wednesday afternoon, authorities had ruled out the possibility that the body might be that of Laci Peterson, the 27-year-old pregnant woman missing from Modesto since Christmas Eve.

"We do not have any recent reports of missing women in Orange County," said Amormino, adding that it might take "some time until we can determine who the victim is."

About 20 miles of the highway, from Nichols Institute into Riverside County, were shut down for most of the day while coroner's investigators -- who had helped lift the body off the hillside in a gurney -- set up a makeshift morgue on the highway to examine the remains.

About 20 Orange County sheriff's deputies combed a five-mile radius looking for other evidence, including the missing body parts.

Investigators said the search was expected to continue in the San Juan Hot Springs area of Cleveland National Forest.Authorities said that they will attempt to identify the body through DNA.

"Of course, we will be examining any reports of any missing females ... in surrounding counties," Amormino said.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 16 January 2003).]

you are right, if they block it, we'll just have to go around it.
smile.gif

Originally posted by JaguarXJ6:
Sat morning can't come soon enough.

Does anyone know that if this stretch of highway is blocked off or access is limited, we can jump on a side road for a few miles to avoid it?

Sunny

we will depart on the run at 9am. if you like you can get breakfast.

Coming South on the 5, exit Ortega Highway (State Hwy 74), Left over Freeway, Right into Chevron/Denny's Parking lot.
Coming North on the 5, exit Ortega Highway (State Hwy 74), immediate right, then right into the first Driveway of the Chevron Station go around back to Denny's.

Dennys
27142 Ortega Hwy
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949) 493-1848

Originally posted by Kinan:
I'm interested in this. At the risk of misreading all of the previous emails, where do we meet and what time?

Back