• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orange County Nsx'ers

guys and gals..tomorrow is the day. lets be there early and have a little breakfast!! as a reminder we need to leave at 9am so that we can meet every scheduled stops...to end up and hoehn acura. lets have a good time and be safe.

calvin

I am ready!

The route is loaded into the GPS, the car is all polished up and the tank is full.

As long as American Airlines gets me home from Austin this evening I will certainly be there!!!

count me in guys.
this sounds like a s#!tload of fun!
see you all at 8am tomorrow.

So far we have around 5 of us meeting at the starbucks (culver and Irvine blvd)in Northwood.

We'll meet at 8:00 and head down to Denny's on Ortega when we have everyone. If you like to caravan down from Irvine, let me know.

[email protected]

hey i just happened to talk to a buddy of mine that sent me a link to the s2k international site. looks like there will be close to 20 s2k's and some 350z's there as well.
can't wait!

NOW, we're talking...CHP would be a good safety net for us!!
biggrin.gif
....i am also ready..like paul, my tank is full, the car is shiny, and ready to roll.

Originally posted by medusa:
Anyone meeting up tomorrow in the south pasadena area???? Trying to get a neighbor of mine to go with us ...CHP with a NSX!!!

Well I made it home from Austin, Boy was it cold there today! 10 Degrees with the wind chill this morning, can you believe that many of us will actually have the tops off tomorrow, on January 18th none the less. Boy do I love California!!!

I made 20 or so copies of the route to pass out tomorrow morning, and my wife actually wants to come along now. I promised her that it wouldn't just be a bunch of "Car Guys" talking about horsepower, tires, handling, etc... all day (Not!). She actually went out and bought me a NSX hat while I was out of town.

I plan to get to Denny's around 7:45 or so and I'll see if we can find an area of the restaurant to get organized. According to the S2000 site those guys are planning on LEAVING Denny's around 8AM, so lets see if we can get a cell phone or 2 and we should be able to get a "road report" and hopefully know the "conditions" (whether Smokey or not) along the route.

See you all in the morning!

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 18 January 2003).]

Just got back from the drive from S.J.C. to Hoehn, what a great turnout. We wanted to thank all the folks that helped make it happen and to Hoehn Acura for the great lunch. I'm still not sure I'm ready for a BLUE interior, but the blue exterior is cool on the new NSX they have. I seemed to get very little range with my new Radio Shack club radio, did anyone else have better results or were we just to spread out? Let's do it again very soon and hope for the same great weather.

Hey guys!

That WAS a great run! My first in the NSX!
Anyway, I loved being second in line on Ortega Hwy behind Wadasan. Heh, heh. He took the lead when Yellowdancer pulled over to let someone else be responsible for the group! Another favorite memory is going down 15 south and having 4 NSX's taking up all 4 lanes driving side by side.
smile.gif
Oh, and did you see that red corvette pull over while the owner took a picture of his ride as we were passing by? HA HA HA!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, Tan and I decided to break off from the group and head on out to Hoehn Acura early to meet everyone there. But I had to leave early after being there for only half an hour. Man that is a gorgeous Long Beach Blue! I don't know about the blue interior though. Did you guys know that the new NSX's come with white interiors now as an option! Think of it, Long Beach blue with White interior! NICE!

Hope you guys had a nice lunch!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 18 January 2003).]

BTW, who's RED NSX showed up around 12:30pm @ Hoehn Acura with the 91-93 OEM chrome polished rims? Damn, that car looks NICE!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 18 January 2003).]

hi guys...
just want to appreciate everyone for coming out today--it went so well beyond my expectation. Paul came out...organized equipted w/ GPS and route for distribution--thanks to paul and his wife...get the exhaust!!! you know what i mean paul! ahahaa. also thanks to justin at hoehn acura for setting us up with lunch!!!--we definitely have to do it again ....really soon!!!!

Originally posted by Joel:
Hey guys!

I loved being second in line on Ortega Hwy behind Wadasan. Heh, heh.
Another favorite memory is going down 15 south and having 4 NSX's taking up all 4 lanes driving side by side.
smile.gif

Joel:Sorry I didn't call you back, but we were goin throught the canyon and got the message when we got to Hoehn. I got a pic of you behind me and on the 15 Frwy with Lynn and the guy W/Spearmint Rhino shirt.

Thanks 2 Paul65k and Justin at Hoehn for the fun run and eats!!!

It was good seeing everyone and meeting some new NSX'RS!!!

Looking forward to the next one...
beerchug.gif

Wadasan

Originally posted by SilverOne:
thanks to all the people that came out, and the organizer for a great drive. I had a blast. Here are some pics that I have of today's activities. Excuse the bad angles or focus, but try drving a stick, and look through the camera at the same time
wink.gif

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290804265

Hmm, well, how about doing that WITH a busted handed, too?
wink.gif
Anyways, had a great time as usual. Now, can't wait for the next drive. Prime Canyon Drive anyone? Hehehe.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

It was great seeing everyone in person for the first time. I wish I had done this more often. Special thanks to Justin, Hoehn and the organizers.

I'll post the pictures soon!

-priscilla

It was great to see and meet a bunch of new NSX'ers and old friends. Unfortunately, I did not bring my NSX. It was at home sick with a dead battery. It was replaced the next morning with a lighter weight Zanardi replacement. The drive by the coast was absolutely perfect. I was dying because my car was at home and it was a perfect day to drive with the top off.
frown.gif

David's (gomaidy's) NSX with his new Taitec Center Exit exhaust was SWEET! Thanks for the ride!!!

Randy's (FuryNSX's) NSX with his new Wings West kit was absolutely stunning! The tweety... err.. nevermind.

It was good to see Gene ("emvanderpol" I think?) back with another NSX!

... and that 2003 Long Beach Blue again... from the SD Auto Show... ahhhhhh... I want it.

Hope to see most of you at the Feb 18th meeting!

Back